It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 50.htm
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
new reports explosion created the seismos to register and that what created the tsunami alert .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
More on plant explosion: Nuclear agency says build-up of hydrogen caused the blast; not know if radiation leaked - BBC bbc.in...

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
new reports explosion created the seismos to register and that what created the tsunami alert .

Very good. now I'm not so confused!

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

So there is no tsunami?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First time poster... following ATS for many years and this thread from the start.

Have a look at this pic I screen-grabbed from NHK via CNN. Credit to the appropriate sources. Compare the damage between the #1 reactor (on the far left) vs #3 in the middle (highlighted by NHK in the pic). The damage patterns appear very different. From other pictures, it clears that the primary damage to #1 was mainly superficial sheet metal and that they reactor **may** not have been damaged. Look at the (all be it crappy) picture of #3, the damage appears to be much more severe. On #1, you can clearly still see the white concrete structure intact; not so on #3.

img851.imageshack.us...

I have my doubts as to whether the reactor vessel is indeed intact.

Vince

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

Well, how does Fox explain that it was seen?
"Asia & Pacific
Estimated 10-Foot Tsunami is Seen Off Japan by Helicopter; Second Explosion Believed"

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

So there is no tsunami?

TheRedneck

I would say no. Not a 10 ft tsunami from a 6.2 (5.8 USGS) although I guess it would depend on the depth, and location some. It was pretty shallow, but not dramatically different from the other (over 50) 6.0+ aftershocks since the 8.9 (or was it a 9.1??
)
edit on 13-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceH

I noticed this too and am not convinced anything is OK. The damage looks much more severe to #3

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

So there is no tsunami?

TheRedneck

that is unclear they just said it was triggerd by the explosion, i assume that there is one on the wa, since helicopters reported seeing it on the way . but it was created by the explosion not a quake wow

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceH

I was watching NHK when the reporter spoke of this image. She said it is the before and after from reactor 3 NOT from unit one and three.

link   
reply to post by VinceH

I was looking at that same picture a few minutes ago, and while watching the live feed, to the right of the explosion, there appeaerd to be another, and it cut to the middle one almost immediately.

They claim the picture was taken from the same place, but it appears not to have been either.

link   

That's from Fox though. Not seeing this anywhere else. Doesn't make sense ot me, but I don't know much about EQs. Wouldn't they register it as an EQ on the surface, and not however many KM below the surface?

ETA: I would think it owuld be on BBC, Reuters, NHK, Kyodo---not seeing it?
edit on 13-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
this reported on the quake thread by another member

TextFrom the pictures they have showed on NHK World and CNN of the aftermath of the #3 explosion it appears that much more than just the top of the building was blown apart. Looks much worse than the #1 reactor building.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Reported a few posts ago as well, with screenshot!

link   

edit on 13-3-2011 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

the explosion was felt 30 miles away , although i find it hard to believe that a explosion on land can trigger a tsunami in the ocean , but ni could be wrong

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

They are high-lighting and discussing reactor #3, but #1 is also visible for comparison on the far left of the picture (behind/beside the left hand tower). The before picture shows both #1 and #3 intact; the after picture shows both #1 and #3 "blown".

Vince

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
its so hard to update 2 threads , i think i will just stay here so i can be more efficient

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hydrogen explosion reported at Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant. Video: huff.to...

here is video sorry if already posted

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah, but explosions----even big ones----don't usually fool USGS and whatnot into thinking it was 18.8 KM below the sruface. It would register as 1KM or less. USGS for this EQ

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join