It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 493.htm
<< 490  491  492    494  495  496 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
To me the more profitable conjecture would be how that much radiated water is getting into the drainage system and from where.

Have we forgotten the big seawater cooling pipes that go from the condensors way out to sea? If they are cracked or broken would not every tide push water in and suck it out? Since levels are too high for them to look... maybe they are compromised?
edit on 2-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

if you think that's a problem then consider how it could be done, they could possibly wreck that wall even further by doing what they are doing. Things could get a whole lot worse if this gets bungled. Or a whole lot better if it works, though the main draw back that I see is that it is temporary at best and will have to be done over and over again because the earthquakes are still rattling things to this very day. I can't this working out well without a more permanent solution and the longer they band-aid it the more likely things will get worse on this front.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

"How long have the "current safe levels" been in effect, are they industry standards? If not, WHO raised them, and WHY?"

I like this one. "What is the purpose for establishing nuclear radiation safety levels in air, water, soil and people and what importance do they really have if they can be "adjusted", flaunted or ignored at will or based on public relations needs of private companies or the embarassment levels of public officials?"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Another question I have...

They said the helicopters had absorbed so much radiation into the paint that the surface and engines are PUTTING OUT hundreds of mSv/hour.

1) how MANY hundreds...
2) Since they only flew a few missions in and out, how high would the radiation need to be in the air in order to impregnate those copters with enough material to emit hundreds of mSv/hour even days later/

Well, I was expecting this, as I had noticed in some of the earlier reports.the following...
(The helicopters stayed up there several hours)

nextbigfuture.com...

"o At 9:20AM on March 17, radiation level at elevation of 300ft above Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station: 87,700 micro sievert."

"o At 9:48AM on March 17, a Self Defense Forces helicopter made four water drops aimed for the spent fuel pool.
edit on 2-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

To me the more profitable conjecture would be how that much radiated water is getting into the drainage system and from where.

Have we forgotten the big seawater cooling pipes that go from the condensors way out to sea? If they are cracked or broken would not every tide push water in and suck it out? Since levels are too high for them to look... maybe they are compromised?

Good question. I know there has been a lot of discussion on that here but has that system been confirmed? If so then it is a very viable answer to the large volumes of radiated water getting into the ocean. But it still doesn't anwer how radiated water got from the reactor building to the turbine building and then to the condensor/cooling units.

I'm sticking with the drain explanation...for now.

I will add that they keep pumping water into the reactor vessel while it's water level remains stable does lend substance to the opinion steam conduit pipes near the top of the RPV feeding the turbines are feeding water to a cracked turbine unit which is dumping it on the floor. The reason why I hadn't placed a tremendous weight on this suggestion is according to diagrams that pipe is nearer the top of the rods and reports show us the water level in the RPV is several feet below the top of the rods. In other words the water level is not high enough to reach them and drain inot the turbine.
edit on 2-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: added

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Another question I have...

They said the helicopters had absorbed so much radiation into the paint that the surface and engines are PUTTING OUT hundreds of mSv/hour.

1) how MANY hundreds...
2) Since they only flew a few missions in and out, how high would the radiation need to be in the air in order to impregnate those copters with enough material to emit hundreds of mSv/hour even days later/

You might have more questions after you read this...

China detects 10 radioactive contamination cases

China has detected 10 cases of radioactive contamination in the country since March 16, an official with the country's quarantine watchdog said on Saturday.

High levels of radiation has been found on people, planes, vessels and containers entering China from Japan, said Li Yuanping, a spokesman for the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ).

.........A ship, a plane and a batch of imported material were the three latest cases reported to the administration on Friday. They had entered the country through Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces and were found to have high radioactive levelsenglish.gov.cn...

Ships, planes and imported material...and people too.

But how...is it a mystery?

They would have us think so!

edit on 2-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm still amazed by this thread, once again, thank you all for your contribution!!!

But what's with the other plants? Any new info?
All I can find is about the leak.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

BTW - For the tide to reach a cracked condensor it would mean that condensor room is below sea level at high tide. Even though that room may be below ground and the EQ may have dropped land levels some inches, based on the visuals I've seen I do not think they can be that low. But who knows...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by Procharmo

That doesn't really answer my question but yes Thorium like what Chinas doing is where we should be heading.

We need to convert all our plants to Thorium!

And doom humanity to extinction. Very good plan.

Contrary to videogame and popular opinion, thorium kills at every stage of the fuel cycle.

And produces, in the real world, enough nuclear waste to kill everyone exposed for thousands of generations.

Learn from fukushima. There is no safe nuclear alternative.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
News report here states that spraying of the resin has started.

Also states that in Reactor 1 to 3 progress was made using an external power supply to activate pumps.

Test-spraying of a resin solution over debris and the ground to seal in radioactive substances that might otherwise spread further into the environment has begun at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.

In the Nos. 1 to 3 reactors, preparations progressed to use an external power supply to activate electric pumps to inject coolant water into the reactors.

A sprinkler vehicle sprayed about 2,000 liters of the resin solution over an area of about 500 square meters west of the No. 4 reactor. TEPCO planned to spray a total of 60,000 liters of the solution within two weeks.www.yomiuri.co.jp...

They may manage to keep radioactive waste from entering the air, but it seems that
the hope for the sea water is looking pretty bleak.

edit on 2-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Just as an aside, as I'm not scientific but appreciate very much all the thoughts and energy being put into this thread, I am good at noticing things. I notice that in this lovely "kodak moment" with the crack that the worker appears to have no dosimeter... anywhere. Now, he's supposed to be standing beside a nasty crack emitting huge levels of radiation right? This is a joke, but it's just flaunting to the public that they care less for worker safety. Not even bothering to even pretend, but putting it right in our faces. I can imagine that the photographer likely doesn't have one either. Notice the "noise" in the image also (looks a little like rain). This can be from just generally poor resolution, but it could also be radiation effecting the camera.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi folks I just got done with my morning head line sweap and found this, it seems the tsunanmi victims don't get it?
By rhe way very upset at the lack of media conern and totally mismayed, will keep a look out for any figures on sea weed contamination. also on the page of this article I'm linking i saw something about tsunami debri about to come ashore here in the US.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

No detailed information on the other damaged plants. The only interesting point is that the international accident rating of some reactors at other plants is the same as fukushima diachi R4.

I think we wouldn't be hearing much of the diachi plant if there hadn't been video of the explosions!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by windwaker

WORMWOOD

No, not this time... in Revelation, wormwood is the name of a blue burning star that falls into the sea and makes the waters bitter, killing a third of all life in the sea. Fukushima is not falling out of the sky (and any radioactive fallout from it that falls will not be burning blue),

However, I believe that wormwood may indeed be something similar, such as a space-based nuclear reactor that gets damaged and falls to earth. We may be witnessing a dress rehearsal, if you will.

Is everyone taking notes?

TheRedneck

Read this document for disclosure of TOPAZ and other reactor-in-orbit deployments.

By the way, the BLUE STAR TOPAZ is Texas State Gem... Blue Star Kachina.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

english.kyodonews.jp...

Radiation below legal limits found in farm, sea products near Fukushima
TOKYO, April 3, Kyodo

I call total propaganda and BS on this news post. This is outright lying to their people to create confidence that food and water is ok to eat and drink from Fukushima... when China is reporting high-levels of radioactivity coming in from Japan.

Greenpeace proving that the radiation levels as you approach the plant grow exponentially.

Is this Japanese government totally insane? They are now deliberately murdering anyone with these lies and propaganda. Good to know this corrupt and immoral government is on the side of their people

Watch how many millions will die terribly of radiation sickness in the coming months and years. Courtesy of good ol' denial and cover-ups. Their deaths will likely be reported as H5N1 or HIV like disease. I live in a mad mad world.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Quoted from article way down the page...
"The government fully supports you until the end," Kan told 250 people at an elementary school serving as an evacuation center.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

mmm....yeah... a very nasty end

edit on 2-4-2011 by rbrtj because: sorry forgot the link

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

My thinking is, they are spraying the resin, so live people can move in, and do extended work in the area...They've created a bigger barrel to scrape the bottom of.

Next, come the containers, to hold the cracked and crumbling resin in...jmho.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: add

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Just as an aside, as I'm not scientific but appreciate very much all the thoughts and energy being put into this thread, I am good at noticing things. I notice that in this lovely "kodak moment" with the crack that the worker appears to have no dosimeter... anywhere. Now, he's supposed to be standing beside a nasty crack emitting huge levels of radiation right? This is a joke, but it's just flaunting to the public that they care less for worker safety. Not even bothering to even pretend, but putting it right in our faces. I can imagine that the photographer likely doesn't have one either. Notice the "noise" in the image also (looks a little like rain). This can be from just generally poor resolution, but it could also be radiation effecting the camera.

Something else interesting to note - up until a week ago few if any workers were wearing radiation suits or gas masks. Now in all the pictures we see, even on the water barges coming into dock they are wearing full radiation clothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

They are upset understandably. I read that also...and wondered what their line of thought was...

Maybe this: Pretty much that as soon as these reactors failed to SCRAM it was
a nightmare unfolding. I do think that while most people have a better grasp on the physics than
the mainstream media...they dont tend to think in detail...especially if they are suffering.

Perhaps the surviving victims know they are also being contantly exposed to even more
danger now due to the radiation...

Maybe what they are really saying...is that they are alive, and just need the basics of care.
The Government was woefully poorly prepared.

Like this man here: First hand workers account with TEPCO

Worker slams Tepco safety steps

A worker involved in the battle to regain control of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant's stricken reactors has questioned the safety precautions for workers taken by Tokyo Electric Power Co.

The man, who was hired by a sub-subcontractor of plant operator Tepco, cited the lack of supervision of radiation monitoring when two workers were injured and a third exposed March 24 after wading into highly contaminated water.

"We don't normally work in water," said the man, who was tasked with laying cables to restore power at the No. 2 reactor and wished to remain anonymous.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

Also edit to add this: That article in its title is a spin.

The title is what MSNBC is using to downplay the nuclear danger...
they use the surviving victims to put a spin on it...

The last sentence pretty much sums it up....

He's just showing up for an appearance," Sato said. "He should spend time to talk to various people, and listen to what they need."

edit on 2-4-2011 by burntheships because: to clarify

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I KNEW IT!

i posted long back. i think a week after the quake

i said. notice how there is only one shot of the plant from a helicopter miles and miles away.

i said could this be because the rad levels are so high they dont want us to figure it out by posting photos and videos with "noise" and distortion to the vids/pics.
just recently photos started to come out.

the pic above with the "noise" and fuzzyness to me looks like its either a camera from the 90's (unlikley) or the radiation is causing the blurry fuzzy noise.
pretty much confirming really high levels of rads

top topics

<< 490  491  492    494  495  496 >>

join