It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 492.htm
<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
With more earthquakes and time the cracks will just get bigger and bigger. No real in-depth analysis needed for that one...and they won't be able to get to the cracks and fix it.

And if they pour cement in, further earthquakes will crack that too.

This crap is going into the ocean and environment full-throttle. There's no stopping it.

WORMWOOD.
edit on 2-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well no... not this time...

I think "Well no... not at this time..." might be more appropriate.

As is pointed out above, a surface crack indicates deeper damage to the underlying foundation. The main leak is below the plant, not above. These shots and explanations are simply there to give the public something less scary to think on.

In my opinion, of course.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

-Monitoring posts of No. 1 No.8 set up near the boundary of power
station area have been restored. We will periodically monitor the data
and announce the results of monitoring.

Ah I caught it this time... the posts are working, but the automatic data transmission is still out so they have to physically go take the readings

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Exactly what I am thinking, but what choice do they have? If the bedrock is cracked and the corium from #3 is in the bedrock, you either seal it off from below or allow the Pacific ocean to become a nightlight fot the next few hundred years.

The difficulty and uncertainty about fixing the bedrock crack(s) is the reason we aren't being told anything about it yet. In fact, we may never be officially told the whole story, because to do so later would be admitting a cover-up of a vastly dangerous situation.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

well., so far they have reported >1 Sv and we don't know the exact measurement. could by 30 Sv, could be 10 Sv...now they say that if this unknown measurement goes up by less than 500 microSv they won^t report it.....I guess this means they can do whatever they like...we will nevel know
edit on 2-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

WORMWOOD

No, not this time... in Revelation, wormwood is the name of a blue burning star that falls into the sea and makes the waters bitter, killing a third of all life in the sea. Fukushima is not falling out of the sky (and any radioactive fallout from it that falls will not be burning blue),

However, I believe that wormwood may indeed be something similar, such as a space-based nuclear reactor that gets damaged and falls to earth. We may be witnessing a dress rehearsal, if you will.

Is everyone taking notes?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
Yes. No way that crack is 20 cm wide. (PS for members who are not so familiar with metric: 20 cm is eight inches.) But then, did they say it was 20 cm wide, or just 20 cm?

Doesn't matter... that crack is NOT in the pit... its on the surface... so the Nikon moment with the posed worker is NOT the same crack in the pit...

So it is misdirection 100% and the concrete still hasn't set and they need a polymer to soak it up.... ummmm okay

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another question I have...

They said the helicopters had absorbed so much radiation into the paint that the surface and engines are PUTTING OUT hundreds of mSv/hour.

1) how MANY hundreds...
2) Since they only flew a few missions in and out, how high would the radiation need to be in the air in order to impregnate those copters with enough material to emit hundreds of mSv/hour even days later/

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mrbillshow
I'm not buying the "crack' being the source of the radiated ocean water.

That crack they showed is surface and easy to see... they would have seen that crack on day one... not need three weeks to 'discover' it. They probably read Rednecks post on the crack and threw that one in. I mean how could they have missed this?

Also how is THAT crack related to this pit?

They can pour all the concrete there is on this planet, if there is a continuous flow of water with enough pressure, it will keep flushing away every substance you try to pour into the gap/crack. Boy, are those engineers? They gotta close it first with something like a panel or even a sheet (if it's strong enough), that would do the trick. And the best place to do is from the inside. Maybe they should call in the Dutch, they know how to handle water.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That crack they showed is surface and easy to see... they would have seen that crack on day one... not need three weeks to 'discover' it. They probably read Rednecks post on the crack and threw that one in. I mean how could they have missed this?

So its pretty much unamimous we all agree.

Yeah, that picture is pretty hilarious. I mean hysterical...

It seems every where I look today everyone finally realizes radioactive water is pouring into the sea.
But this has really been going on for weeks now.

Well if we have 100 years minus two weeks to go...

nuclear expert (Dr John Price, a former member of the Safety Policy Unit at the UK's National Nuclear Corporation.)

has warned that it might be 100 years before melting fuel rods can be safely removed from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant.

The warning came as levels of radioactive iodine flushed into the sea near the plant spiked to a new high and the Wall Street Journal said it had obtained disaster response blueprints which said the plant's operators were woefully unprepared for the scale of the disaster.www.abc.net.au...

Remember, health authorities have been screaming for decades that sunlight exposure is potentially deadly because of the radiation exposure. But Fukushima fallout, we're now told, is perfectly safe for you! I guess only the sun is dangerous, not nuclear fuel rod meltdowns. How's that for public health policywww.naturalnews.com...

edit on 2-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There is a lot of discussion about the possibility of radiation reaching the sea through foundation and bedrock cracks but I just don't see it, too little and too slow. I wish we had a resident geologist who could tell us how long it would take for radiation to mix with ground water at or below the plant then seep down to the bedrock and then out to sea through a hundred yards of soil but IMO that could take weeks or months.

At the levels measured near and far from the plant the only realistic explanation seems to be a free flow of radiated water into the ocean and the only place we've seen that (right before our eyes) is the drainage conduit next to 5&6.

To me the more profitable conjecture would be how that much radiated water is getting into the drainage system and from where.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You're going to need the worlds biggest spatula(tm) to spread it like cake frosting over the entire area and hope it holds. You're also gong to need to get under and behind any cracks that go deeper than sea level as well as those that reach inland from the site.

I don't know what else that cam be done but the fact that they've admitted to seeking options inthe press tells me that they're so far beyond last ditch at this point that I am still not sure we've hit the bottom wih this.

I sure hope hey bought that concrete pumper because after it sits at the stie for a few days, it will be iredeemably contaminated and unusable anywhere other than a contaminated area. So I guess kn the bright side, the next time we have a huge incident at a nuclear plant, we can just reuse all of this contaminated equipment without having to dirty any new machines?

In regards Tepco's spokes-people, I feel sorry for them unless these are the actual people "in charge" they are just mouthpieces delegated to be the face of the company and are only relaying information they've been told to regurgitate. How would you feel if your boss told you that you had go tell the world that you've REALLY screwed the pooch this time and there is no way to fix it.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by windwaker

WORMWOOD

No, not this time... in Revelation, wormwood is the name of a blue burning star that falls into the sea and makes the waters bitter, killing a third of all life in the sea. Fukushima is not falling out of the sky (and any radioactive fallout from it that falls will not be burning blue),

However, I believe that wormwood may indeed be something similar, such as a space-based nuclear reactor that gets damaged and falls to earth. We may be witnessing a dress rehearsal, if you will.

Is everyone taking notes?

TheRedneck

Yup,

Japan, land of the rising sun.
Our sun is a ....

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Okay so...

The veggies had high levels and were stopped from going to market. Farmers destroyed crops and any others from a week ago would be rotten by now. They have not replanted nor is there enough time elapsed for even a greenhouse to have made a new crop..

So just exactly what did they measure?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Stop spending 600 million a day on Lybia and fix this damn problem!! This is a world issue now, and something has to be done asap.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I can't help but picture, in my mind....3 Tepco radiation meter readers, standing in a circle...with one of those Magic 8 Balls, a toy used, for fortune-telling or seeking advice, Instead of the ball reading yes, or no.....it reads, high or low.

hmmmm that would certainly account for the yo-yo, every other day readings....ask Magic 8 ball, is radiation higher, or lower?

I have a question to add to your list to ask TPTB....

Just WHO is, and WHAT qualifications do they have....to take readings?

How long have the "current safe levels" been in effect, are they industry standards? If not, WHO raised them, and WHY?

Yes, I know, I'm picky.

Des

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Actually, with no more than current pressure it can be done. As long as you can inject the concrete deep enough into the fissure (using that word to separate the actual crack form the Nikon moment) at a higher pressure than is being pushed against it, then quickly block the exit with some sort of temporary forming, the concrete will stay in place until it cures. It couldn't be done in the Gulf of Mexico because the output pressure was around 70,000 psi.

Once the concrete cures, the irregularities in the rock surface will hold it in place. Of course, any new shocks run the risk of cracking the concrete, but does anyone else have a better solution?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Okay so...

The veggies had high levels and were stopped from going to market. Farmers destroyed crops and any others from a week ago would be rotten by now. They have not replanted nor is there enough time elapsed for even a greenhouse to have made a new crop..

So just exactly what did they measure?

I'm thinking the functional phrase there is "in and around Fukushima prefecture". Not all of Fuku is inside either the 20 or 30 kilometer zone and certainly no the adjacent prefecs. So basically they cherry picked the data that would reduce anxiety in Tokyo about both the nuclear disaster and starvation.

The follow up question might be "Did you get ANY readings from ANY plants ANYWHERE near or far from the nuke plant that exceeded safety levels."

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

They tell us themselves that the leak has been there since the beginning:

Hidehiko Nishiyama, a spokesman for the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, said the government believes the water found in the No. 2 reactor's turbine building and in its pit is ''almost the same.''

Source

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Maybe they should call in the Dutch, they know how to handle water.

Just for a moment I had a picture in my head of TEPCO officials sticking fingers into that leak to plug it...

new topics

<< 489  490  491    493  494  495 >>

join