It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 476.htm
<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Criticality "blue lights" being reported on Fox....where else?
www.youtube.com...
News blackout increasing?

How is it that the video camera on the boom seems to be working when supposedly robot electronics will not work?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
NHK about to recycle the latest news now top of the hour
www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, I have been expecting something similar for some time now. I keep acetone and various cleaners/oils around, have a collection of micro-torches, and even have some empty syringes I use for injecting chemicals into enclosed containers. Not to mention all the electronic and chemical apparatuses (apparati?) I have accumulated, a lot of which have copper cooling coils running across them.

I have a few friends who are scared to walk into that place.

Oh, did I mention I am trying to put together a 50kVDC 500W power supply? And I have to make it waterproof because it is going underwater....

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't give up easily...I'm used to being called a fool. Just uploaded yesterday. April 1

Fukushima reactor 4

www.youtube.com...

More from same uploader of reactor 4.

www.youtube.com...

Both videos appear to be taken from a huge boom arm, very stable and great resolution...hmmmmm

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by imlite
Youtube video taken from vehicle driving around the accident site!

NICE! Anyone can translate and give us the date? I see only one worker in that drive thru

Here is another one posted on the 19th,,,

edit on 30-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Got someone working on this translation right now if it's still wanted...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have read a few pages out of this thread (maybe 40 total) which is a very small chunk out of the nearly 500 pages so I am unsure if what I am going to ask has been covered or not. Sorry if it has. I can go back and read if someone can provide a range of pages it may have been discussed on.

On March 26th there was an article that came out that was mostly about the fukushima 50 but had a few lines that struck me as odd: www.watoday.com.au...

A ghastly boom was heard in the suppression chamber of reactor 4, said Kenji Tada, who was there at the time. Cracks started ripping in the asphalt and the sides of the building. They fled before the tsunami arrived and did its worst.

This implies that there was an explosion before the plant completely lost power. It says the main power was knocked out, but the tsunami hadn't arrived yet so the battery/backup generators should have kicked in. I think teh part about the cracks starting is telling as well.

Does it change anything or is it significant? That's what I'm wondering...
edit on Fri Apr 1 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex quote tags

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BKGump

Here's what I found out about these lights....
en.wikipedia.org...

Many criticality accidents have been observed to emit a blue flash of light and to heat the material substantially

A criticality accident, sometimes referred to as an excursion or a power excursion, is an accidental increase of nuclear chain reactions in a fissile material, such as enriched uranium or plutonium. This releases a surge of neutron radiation which is highly dangerous to humans and causes induced radioactivity in the surroundings.

Am I wrong to think that these lights are a bad sign?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Ok.....very short vid, midway zooms in.this one? N4 explosion? TIA Des

No cigar that is #3 #4 is to the right of that

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I still think it is probable that we actually saw two near-simultaneous explosions. hydrogen is not really that unstable, so there would likely have been a spark of some sort to set it off.

here is a Canadian science class where the prof thinks like we do... what is really fascinating is the SOUND... I have never heard of this before. I wonder if its related to weird sounds recorded around the Earth lately. I never knew burning hydrogen and oxygen to make water made a sound. We usually just put it into a balloon and lit that

Hydrogen Explosion

One think to note... since burning Hydrogen produces water and water vapor as a byproduct, not smoke... the smoke should NOT be gray or black from a hydrogen explosion... so something else is making that dark smoke

You can see the hydrogen burn here (dark shades are from shadow)

edit on 1-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, you are the expert, May I ask you to look at the 2 new ones, several posts above... just posted from You tube...should I download them in case they go bye bye? TIA Des

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No video of R4 blowing.

The camera is some distance from the plant. When R1 blew it was a clear day - checking back to the official report it was said that the roof fell in - that changed when the video came out. When R3 blew it was a clear day and the video came out quickly. When R4 blew there was very poor visibility so no video. The first reports of R4 damage were of the damage being caused to R4 from the R3 explosion. Only a few days later did they admit R4 had blown later detailed as the spent fuel pools.

Now even the Jap Prime Minister keeps complaining that TEPCO keep lying to everyone.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buffet of lies

Thanks for the link.

Here's what caught my eye in that report by the fire chief when he arrived, bolding added:

''There were concrete blocks everywhere, all the manhole covers had popped out, for some reason, and the road was impassable. We couldn't drive down to pay out the hose from the sea. So we had to run, carrying the hose, half a mile to the sea, in total darkness.''

It prompted a "duuuhhh, of course" moment in my mind. If he was arriving after the explosions (not clear from the report, but seems likely), then the manhole covers were blown off by explosive forces moving through the maintenance and sewage tunnels from the plants that blew up. This would explain a bit about why the ground and groundwater are showing contamination. It also means that crucial electrical connections in those tunnels may be compromised...I've worked in a few and you wouldn't believe how much stuff is run through them.

Something else to think through.

Does anyone have access to the subsurface engineering diagrams of that site that show those tunnels?

Perhaps studying the hi-res photos will show the manholes and allow us to deduce at least part of the layout, maybe enough to figure out what's going on in them.

It occurs to me that perhaps the tsunami popped them out, too...so a comparison of overhead views before/after explosions would be in order, if any can be found that show sufficient detail.
edit on 1-4-2011 by apacheman because: add thought

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Moonbeams771

So they aren't evacuating people from the 30km range - they are starving them out.

Lovely tactics.

Many "safety" measures today aren't - they are liability measures. Either to protect for liability, or to remove it. I believe that is what you are seeing here. Don't acknowledge liability, no need to set yourself up to be pursued about it later.

link to the city's radiation monitoring.
www.city.minamisoma.lg.jp...

"Starving them out" implies these people are able to leave.
There's no petrol to drive out, many of those who have stayed are elderly, and walking to a "safe" area would mean being outside, breathing so much radioactive pollution, ...
Besides, the shelters are not accepting anyone who is contaminated with radiation.

So they are not being starved out. They are just being starved.

I'm not having a go at your post, btw, I'm just backing you up on how appalling this situation is.
It really goes to show just how little help or concern we can expect from out governments in times of major crisis.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Now even the Jap Prime Minister keeps complaining that TEPCO keep lying to everyone.

So why is TEPCO still in charge and the perps not under arrest?
The Prime Minister is "complaining" about it? So who runs that country anyway?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

No video of R4 blowing.

The camera is some distance from the plant. When R1 blew it was a clear day - checking back to the official report it was said that the roof fell in - that changed when the video came out. When R3 blew it was a clear day and the video came out quickly. When R4 blew there was very poor visibility so no video. The first reports of R4 damage were of the damage being caused to R4 from the R3 explosion. Only a few days later did they admit R4 had blown later detailed as the spent fuel pools.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No, the two videos from my last post, are newly loaded to you tube, and are taken from a boom arm with remote control camera mounted on it. But, TY for the reply.

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BKGump
Criticality "blue lights" being reported on Fox....where else?

That is because Fox is tuning in here to get it's news. We already did the blue flash days ago with images from the web cam
SO made a thread about that when this all started... how the MSM is lurking at ATS

How is it that the video camera on the boom seems to be working when supposedly robot electronics will not work?

that camera shot was taken the day they used that boom. It was one day and the equipment has been sitting there abandoned ever since. But every time they show an 'update' on the spraying we see the same image of the same derelict pumper... like in this report a few minutes ago

The workers on the pier with the barge are the first activity I have seen for days... but we have to take NHK's word for it that those are today's pictures at this point till I see confirmation

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So why is TEPCO still in charge and the perps not under arrest?
The Prime Minister is "complaining" about it? So who runs that country anyway?

The group of taikuns.... same as here.

Even if Fukushima doesn't undergo a massive steam explosion I've been pointing this thread out to everyone I know as an example of how things will (not can) go wrong when corporate CEOs and Directors are tied into the government and the politicians are beholden to the corporations.

Based on my (albeit limited) NBC training this thing has been managed from the get-go from a standpoint of saving economic assets (read reactors) vice looking out for the well being of the people within fallout distance. Incompetence does not explain the chain of events that led us to where we are today- it is pure, unadulterated, military/industrial complex evil on a Biblical scale.

Sorry if that was OT but it has REALLY been getting my Irish up for 3 weeks now.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Ok, should be no worries about the local seafloor burping...all hydrate deposits are pretty far away as far as USGS and every other source I've found is concerned.
At least all known deposits.

24 kilometers west-southwest of Redondo Beach, California.

walrus.wr.usgs.gov...

What do you consider "far away"

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the tank in the bacground of the workers on the pier? It has imploded! I know heat will cause this, but I dont think there has been enough flame heat to cause this. Any idea how this would end up like this?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

More like what you get when sociopaths are in charge.

Their decision-making process would lead to pretty much what we are in fact seeing, since they really, truly can't care about the truth or the consequences of their behaviors.

new topics

top topics

<< 473  474  475    477  478  479 >>

join