It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 469.htm
<< 466  467  468    470  471  472 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My alarm just went off.... 2.60 microsieverts!!! Rapid peak, but stilll...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator

Originally posted by SFA437
NVM
edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Mistook humor for snark..... I think.

No problem. It was just a whole bunch of Mil-terms strung together that seemed like, although it's probably true and correct - sounds like it just had to come from a movie.

But, enough off-top-ish.

PS: No offense intended.

edit on 2011-4-1 by EnhancedInterrogator because: No offense intended.

oh you two quit your flirting.

That roof and #3 have been bothering me , can you point me to that 'holes in the roof before' pic?

It looks like a blast blew debris from the inside inland side of the #3 building toward the sea from behind the reactor ( the reactor core seems to have left a 'shadow' on the turbine roof ) .

It appears that material shot out of the lower "windows" at just about the roof height of the turbine building ( taking off the roof edge closest to the reactor and spraying debris after it , but not getting all the way across), and out of the upper "windows" in such a way as to hit the turbine roof missing the reactor side edge but blowing off the seaside edge and leaving debris.

Since the lower 'window' debris and upper window debris seem to have been ejected not directly over each other (the lower windows stuff is (from the land side looking seaward) left of the upper whatever ejected that stuff past the core must have been tilted enough to have achieved that result .

Also the utility building directly inland from #3 shows evidence of something striking it on the roof from high enough up that it missed the reactor roof edge but clipped of the inland roof edge and left a debris field pointing inland on the far side .

The three booms in the video may not be bull, for that 'debris shadow' on the turbine roof the culprit must have been the rods and materials in the waste pool ( if the waste was on the inland side , otherwise ??) and either they were pushed from below or the tank had slumped off of plumb.

The expert here believes that the torus would have been filling hydrogen , so we would have had hydrogen in the primary core, hydrogen in the steam tube, hydrogen in the torus and probably hydrogen in the secondary containment.
Also the waste rods were thought to be nearly dry so we would have had hydrogen in the upper two floors of the #3 building ( At TMI the 'partial melt down' of the rods happened in less than 2-1/2 hours without cooling, so you can imagine what 8,10,12, etc managed here )

SO , scenario 1 torus blows, boom, ( possibly from someone trying to restart the primary core re-circ pumps ) it pushes the waste tank over a bit and then ignites the hydrogen in the upper part of the building , boom 2, either primary or secondary explodes it's hydrogen ( may not have have blown cap ) boom3
i don't think the visual evidence supports this so

scenario two Torus blows (boom) tilts pool a bit as the water cushions some of the blow then powders waste poll , secondary core pops (boom2) primary core pops (boom3),

that thing in the water could be core /pool material or it could be a boat , but since I do not see where some of that ejected land between the core and the sea I vote for core ejecta...
edit on 1-4-2011 by Silverlok because: ing is a perfectly respectable use gni

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
A while back some one was wondering about #5 #6 , I think we have a bit of a problem there, if the numbers posted are correct they have more waste rods between them than the first three reactors combined, if they are starting to breath there is some trouble , here is what concerns me though:

Fukushima has now become the largest outdoor surface uncontrolled nuclear chain reaction known to man , certainly the particulate matter high heat omnidirectional radioactive ion cannons that reactors 1-4 and their collective waste pools have become are troublesome enough with all the lovely gamma , alpha and beta they are throwing off, but what about all that neutron radiation ?

Certainly enough COLLECTIVE radiation is being produced to trouble at least the water in 5 and 6's holding pools if not the rods themselves. which brings me to:

Even if the neutron radiation was in solid rock and hence couldn't travel very far a re-radiation process would begin wherein some of the energy is reflected back toward the source and some forwards (from the newly radioactive rock), kind of like expanding a slinky with one fixed end in an increasing oscillation.
Since the source is still pumping out neutron radiation wouldn't this create a cascading neutron radiation wave that "flows" along making everything (air water , whatever) in it's path radioactive and then moving a little farther and a little farther?

I wonder if it's why the official evac zone is basically line of site to the horizon.

But if I am correct the horizon would not be a barrier and worse the plant itself would begin to show up as the source of the neutron slinky with elevated thermal temps and 'restlessness ' within any of the nuclear materials stiil being stored there , if so one would expect at first the lightly shielded stuff to start to heat, then as the neutron cascade continued to intensify the shielded stuff ( the other cores and casket contained waste)
edit on 1-4-2011 by Silverlok because: a can be I if I need a though

edit on 1-4-2011 by Silverlok because: there is only there when it's there, dammit

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
High Def photos . ZIP FILE . 11 MEGs direct download, hit your save button

I got tired of looking at these small distorted photos and found these. I'm just like.... ummm.. words can't describe.

These are crystal clear and very large. Don't know if they have been posted, anyway here they are.

you can download the larger files at the top of the linked page. it's 11.5 megabytes. this link has them scaled down.

Link to photos

if you prefer here is the direct link to the download zip file

10 photos Hi Def very large
edit on 1-4-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Still indoors?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I hate to hog but one other observation :

The reactor cores are basically shaped like a huge Ballpean hammer and they sit up off the concrete floor ( if I read the prints right), so the explosion in #1 or #3 could have driven them down like a ginormous water rockets and fractured the ground/concrete/granite under them,

also heating could be doing this as the concrete and rock dry out as host to corium heat...

oh yeah if fukushima gave us POOLIUM and the expert guy is right it also gave us torium ( torus lava)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

They are cracked from what I heard on a Japan local radio station. not to mention so is the steel casing around them. They said the EQ cracked them just don't know which EQ though. there flooding the dry-well with water now to keep it cool. heard this on the SW HF early morning Wednesday

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Don't know if this should have it's own thread but now they're saying radiation is in the rain water way above safe level in US.
I'm off to bed now Please check this link dated 1st April and see what you think.

______beforeitsnews/story/527/722/Japan_Nuclear_Fallout_Radiation_Found_In_San_Francisco_Rainwater_18,100_Times_Above_Drinking_Water_Limits.html

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Japan Nuclear Fallout Radiation Found In San Francisco Rainwater 18,100 Times Above Drinking Water Limits by Alexander Higgins.
More at The Alexander Higgins Blog.

Despite countless reassurances that no harmful levels of radiation from the Japan nuclear fallout would hit the US from the EPA, the University of Berkley in California is now reporting that rainwater in San Francisco water has now been detected at levels 18,100 times above federal drinking water standards.

Again, with just about all other news of the radiation hitting the US, the news is once again reported to the public over a week after it was first detected.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I know its stupid, I know there's no point in asking, I know I'm most likely bathing in its effects. But can you please tell me your not living in the outer-south-east of Melbourne. I'll feel so much better if your from Werribee... Horrible I know, but I have 2 precious little girls, and I'm frightened, even though I'm told these levels are harmless, doubt creeps in. :-(

edit on 1-4-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Yeah, in the house, concrete walls, closed all windows. Level presently at 0.22 and stable.

reply to post by Qumulys

I'm in the northeast.

I'm not worried about exposure at this level, I am more worried about consuming isotopes.
There are measures you can take to protect the thyroid... Its probably not worth worrying about, but.. its a risk. I am checking my food for alpha before I eat it.

You can always make a KFM (Kerney fallout meter) if you cannot find a geiger counter.. Dammit.. alarm just went off.. 0.44

edit on 1/4/2011 by LilFox because: Info

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

You are in the Southern hemisphere. The jet stream carrying radiation from Japan is not likely to be crossing over to Australia. The jet steam doesn't appear to cross over the hemispheres to any large degree.

Safe in Aussie then, at this time.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Don't know if this should have it's own thread but now they're saying radiation is in the rain water way above safe level in US.
I'm off to bed now Please check this link dated 1st April and see what you think.

______beforeitsnews/story/527/722/Japan_Nuclear_Fallout_Radiation_Found_In_San_Francisco_Rainwater_18,100_Times_Above_Drinking_Water_Limits.html

beforeitsnews *cough*
20.1 Bq/L of I-131 was found on March 23 in SF but the level has since dropped significantly. I-131 has a half life of just 8 days. If you were to drink 134 liters of the sampled rainwater it would equate to 0.05 mSv, nothing to be concerned about.

Source

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Trade winds. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

So how did all the freon from the industries in the northern hemisphere get to the upper atmosphere of the southern hemisphere to form the hole in the ozone-layer?

Or is there another cause for that?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

That's what I thought, but Lilfox has been updating this thread for a while now with great readings and mentioned he was from Melbourne. Hence my overly worried question!

If this thing has spread out so quickly already, everything and everywhere will be silently buzzing its poisons. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

Thanks for that Lilfox mate. I guess we're all it in now to varying degree's. Do you get those KFM kits from Jaycar?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Oh, the questions that come to mind - -
How deep is the magma chamber under the area?

A different sort of view of this internal building , this gives a better perspective.

and found another image inside the actual reactor core itself

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

She, not he
I think I will make a more feminine display pic thingy..

I know my counter has never given me such readings.. My other dosimeter reflects the increase as well.. Of course,.there could be other causes.. I have a couple of test sources, everything is working fine

OH, here is a plan for a KFM secure.wikimedia.org...

You can buy geiger tubes from Jaycar, expensive and probably going to be hard to get soon.
edit on 1/4/2011 by LilFox because: update

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

The analysis you've presented has not been posted before in any detail; certainly, no-one has specifically commented on what might have caused those holes in the roof of the turbine building that's located close to #3.

I concur with you on pretty much everything you've said.

I've studied the video of the reactor building #3 explosion literally for hours. My primary focus was to try and roughly calculate the TNT equivalent of the primary blast and I'll post details of that soon. It's a scary number, which is why I've been taking so darned long to try and confirm the figure. However, related to your points, as far as I can work out the larger, bell-shaped hole in the roof of the turbine bldg is an impact hole created by something very heavy striking it from an almost vertical direction. That is, something fell on it from a considerable height. It's not a blast hole created by something exploding inside the building.

That bell-shaped hole matches well with the outer profile shape of the mid-upper section of the #3 reactor's outer containment vessel. By studying high-res vertical (overhead) images and comparing the hole's size to those of fire trucks, it's actually long enough and wide enough to drop one of those trucks through it horizontally. I don't mean that's what happened, I'm just illustrating its size. This is a BIG hole! Also, by studying low-angle shots, we can see that some reinforcing in the shattered edges of the roof are bent downwards, which further confirms it's an entry hole. And whatever hit it punched through a roof that appears to be around ten feet thick.

I need to finish extracting key images from the video and label them, then I'll upload them here with some more detailed analysis. There are a few other factors I'll be talking about as well that might be relevant. As soon as I have everything ready I'll post the whole shemozzle, but as I'm a slow worker I still need a few hours yet.

A request to anyone and everyone: not long after the reactor building #3 explosion occurred, I saw or heard a report somewhere that it was recorded by the Japan Meterological Agency (JMA) on seismographs and I believe the figure quoted was it equalled a magnitude 3.7 earthquake. However, I've not been able to find this data again to confirm.

This IS vitally important, as with that data I can more precisely calculate the explosion's TNT equivalent by reference to known values for quakes (and e.g. seismo-recorded mining explosions) in respect of their energy release. I will say that the figure of mag 3.7 would match closely with what I've calculated already but I'd appreciate being able to review the source.

If anyone has that report bookmarked or saved or knows where it is, please post!

Best regards,

Mike

top topics

<< 466  467  468    470  471  472 >>

join