It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 468.htm
<< 465  466  467    469  470  471 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Reality... the survival instinct cuts in... they announced last night that the criminal element is already being seen in the disaster areas

I think that is worse, the Japanese are such proud people, imagine how bad things have to be for them to do things like that?

How long will we put up with government that this to their people? This whole politics thing is broken...since it is so badly busted let's start over...the idea of goverment is a stupid idea, we all learn together, not from a couple elites...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I think that is worse, the Japanese are such proud people, imagine how bad things have to be for them to do things like that?

Ever here of the Yakuza?

Yakuza (ヤクザ or やくざ ?), also known as gokudō (極道?) are members of traditional organized crime syndicates in Japan. The Japanese police and media, by request of the police, call them bōryokudan (暴力団), literally "violence group", while the yakuza call themselves "ninkyō dantai" (任侠団体 or 仁侠団体), "chivalrous organizations").

en.wikipedia.org...

Its not like Japan doesn't have it's own criminals

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

en.wikipedia.org...

Its not like Japan doesn't have it's own criminals

Yeah, I have read a lot about them before, they were responsible for the breakup of Pride FC.

But they are a little on the extreme end I was talking above the average citizen.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Gonna say this one last time in regards to the CBIRF team deployment and break some OPSEC here and post a more detailed background. My TS-SCI is dead anyhow and with a fused spine and fake knee I'm out of the game for good. Even haji isn't going to take the time to look up one broke-down intel squirrel

I was a field intel analyst with the US DoD and held a GS15 slot at the time of my injury. My job description entailed me being assigned to various places in Iraq like the BPA in al-Hillah in support of CPATT, Raptor Base/Area IV at VBC, liason with AOB 040 in the IZ, COIN/CFE on the Phoenix Academy on the Iraqi side of Camp Taji and Camp Venette in Baghdad and worked directly for Gen. F. in 2007-2009 (ISOF Commander).

The USMC CBIRF is there for Embassy personnel evac in a contaminated environment. Full stop. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 bucks. A small number may be sent North to assist with decon work but the RSO right now is most likely peeing his pants (along with the rest of the State weenies) and the CBIRF is their security blanket.

I may not be all that up-to-date (or know Jack Scatology) about nuclear reactor design but I do know military operations and why certain units deploy. The primary mission of the CBIRF (in this case) is to secure the safe removal of Embassy personnel, under duress, in an NBC environment.

edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Clarification of OPORD

edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: ISOF OSEC

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

The primary mission of the CBIRF is to secure the safe removal of Embassy personnel, under duress, in an NBC environment.

and this is why them gyrenes carry said rifles

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I've actually winced a couple of times reading through your posts. I know you're retired and have had obvious health problems, but I fear you may be disclosing a bit too much information and with the number of sticks you've poked into eyes, would think that you've shown up on more than one list.

I am EXTREMELY grateful for your input, but I fear I may have hung around here too long and have likely grown an extra layer of paranoia.

Stay Safe

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Those with knowledge, know already.
Those with ability can find out.
Those with neither knowledge nor ability do not worry me.

I don't even pull EXIF data off my photos anymore

edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Humor

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Regenstorm

I think #3 and #4 are set up opposite from each other.

Blue = SFR pools location (based on size/pattern of heat application to #3)
Red = Directional force application
Yellow = RPV location (based on hole in #3 roof corresponding to RPV containment lid)
White = No frakking clue
Green = #4 RPV containment structure

#3 also seems to have something odd out in the first section of the containment pond.
edit on 31-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Forgot green

I think it's safe to say that the holes in the roof of the turbine building next to three represent the (small) primary containment cap and (large) secondary(yellow) containment cap resting places after the blast, I have to double check but it's a good bet that the odd thing you see in the water (the white circle) is what remains of the waste containment pool and it's rods... I have to double check the video , but that's where it looked like the boomer threw that stuff ( sorry if it's been posted already still catching up ;-)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Many people in Sweden are astonished of the recent statements in media that radiation and release of radioactive material are of no health concern. But maybe the risk level is dependent of who is speaking:

A majority of the nuclear and radiation experts that have been on Swedish mainstream media after the Fukushima catastrophe are part of the nuclear lobby organisations. A Swedish newspaper "GP" reviewed 518 articles published in Swedish newspapers and found that 10 out of 15 experts were dependent on money from the nuclear industry.

source (in Swedish language):
www.dn.se...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I've been looking at the seasonal wind patterns and now the US Embassy warning makes sense. In the wintertime, winds blow generally from west-to-east, reversing over spring and summer. Remember, typhoons go from east to west when they hit Japan. Pretty soon the winds will begin shifting to the spring/summer pattern and blow radioactivity to the west/southwest.

If I remember correctly, then typhoons don't go from east to west when they hit Japan. I've experienced quite a few here in Japan and I don't recall ANY going from E to W. They tend to follow the archipelago from the south end, as the typhoon (tropical storm) is born in the tropics. The Japan archipelago is basically oriented SW to NE but this can easily be misinterpreted by looking at certain maps making it look like it's stretched out W to E. Sometimes typhoons come from due south of Okinawa, hit the southern end of Japan and head on to the Korean peninsula. Sometimes they arrive at the south of Japan and then veer out to the Pacific.

One thing I don't recall seeing here is the mention of on/offshore winds that correspond with heating and cooling of the landmass at day and night.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

I posted some pics from an overhead a few pages back showing the holes in the #3 turbine room were pre-existing to the blast at #3.

If you look closely you can see where two large objects slid across the roof from #3 building out towards the sea. The leading edge of the hole is unmarred where the trailing edge is all scuffed up showing roof substrate.
edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Gonna say this one last time in regards to the CBIRF team deployment and break some OPSEC here and post a more detailed background. My TS-SCI is dead anyhow and with a fused spine and fake knee I'm out of the game for good. Even haji isn't going to take the time to look up one broke-down intel squirrel

I was a field intel analyst with the US DoD and held a GS15 slot at the time of my injury. My job description entailed me being assigned to various places in Iraq like the BPA in al-Hillah in support of CPATT, Raptor Base/Area IV at VBC, liason with AOB 040 in the IZ, COIN/CFE on the Phoenix Academy on the Iraqi side of Camp Taji and Camp Venette in Baghdad and worked directly for Gen. F. in 2007-2009 (ISOF Commander).

The USMC CBIRF is there for Embassy personnel evac in a contaminated environment. Full stop. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 bucks. A small number may be sent North to assist with decon work but the RSO right now is most likely peeing his pants (along with the rest of the State weenies) and the CBIRF is their security blanket.

I may not be all that up-to-date (or know Jack Scatology) about nuclear reactor design but I do know military operations and why certain units deploy. The primary mission of the CBIRF (in this case) is to secure the safe removal of Embassy personnel, under duress, in an NBC environment.

edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Clarification of OPORD

edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: ISOF OSEC

The only need for such a team would be an extraction from a hostile environment, correct? Is this what you mean by NBC? So this tells me the situation on the ground is about to go south very soon, the embassy personnel leaving by chopper evac could cause a lot of alarm, but I don't really see how this is hostile yet or how it is really going to get there unless Toyko is NOT evacuated and radiation levels dramatically increase. I would imagine that this may coincide with a public announcement of some kind.You mentioned in a previous post there is a battlegroup not far offshore, I imagine they would evac Embassy staff there? What is your assessment of whether they will evac Toyko, or is it past that now. My thought that this group of badasses ain't there for nothin' was confirmed by your assessment. They aren't deploying these guys unless they intend to use them.. I can very well imagine that things at the Embassy are feeling a bit claustrophobic ATM, lol, but they will probably stay as long as possible. The building should have some protections against biohazards?

Thank you BTW, I am sure the intel you are sharing with us is at least 2 weeks old as they would have had satellite early from the 11th onwards, but never-the-less your expertise has shed a lot of light. I doubt you have anything to worry about posting on ATS, but it is appreciated

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

For a minute there, I thought you were legit. But, you didn't mention ever being a GLG20 or anything like that. So, obviously not qualified.

edit on 2011-4-1 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Randomness.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Just wanted to thank you for your insight, SFA43, it is much appriciated, if disturbing.

That CBIRF team ...I can only imagine what it must be like for them.

This NOT the situation they could ever have expected to find themselves in, at least in one glaring aspect:

They are in a country, and amoung a people, who, for more than 75 years, have been, and are, a friends and allies of the US and her people.

These are brave men (and women?) of intelligence and character.

To know that they must be contemplating the actions they may be forced to take, in order to accomplish their assigned mission...

It breaks my heart.

As if my heart has not already been torn by all these past events.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Now I'm so far out of the loop I don't mind posting stuff that essentially identifies me quite specifically to those still in the loop as I'm getting my stuff from open source the same as you guys as far as photos and whatnot. I'm just doing image analysis of YouTube videos of flyovers and "official" photos and trying to explain what I see, aided by those with a lot better working knowledge of nuke plant layout and construction. Heck, after 2 years on the beach I can't even SEE a loop

As far as the CBIRF: It exists to conduct military operations in an NBC environment- one which is incapable of being contested with "regular troops". NBC = Nuclear / Biological / Chemical. Sure they can be used for humanitarian reasons but NEST is a much better choice. Why bring in a military organization when you can theoretically get a NEST team? What NEST does not have is a military mindset- to kill people, break things and hold ground. An organization tasked to Embassy protection, having that mindset and the ability to effectively conduct offensive/defensive (defensive in this case) operations in a radiological environment is the CBIRF.

When I said hostile environment before I was referring to panic vice warfare- such as in a sudden large wind shift happens and all of a sudden Tokyo is under the cloud that is now drifting offshore. Figure it going down like this:

Wind shifts and GoJ orders an evac of Tokyo. The masses of people panic since an evacuation of a city that size is NOT going to be orderly, traffic jams develop, cars break down etc. Civil authority degenerates...

The US Embassy will not be evacuated by land under these conditions. If there are any PSD types here they'll back up that assessment 100%. Evac will be by air and due to a large amount of fallout will need to be done in NBC gear (MOPP-4 at minimum).

The people essentially trapped in the streets see a way out....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Mistook humor for snark..... I think.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Wertwog

Now I'm so far out of the loop I don't mind posting stuff that essentially identifies me quite specifically to those still in the loop as I'm getting my stuff from open source the same as you guys as far as photos and whatnot. I'm just doing image analysis of YouTube videos of flyovers and "official" photos and trying to explain what I see, aided by those with a lot better working knowledge of nuke plant layout and construction. Heck, after 2 years on the beach I can't even SEE a loop

As far as the CBIRF: It exists to conduct military operations in an NBC environment- one which is incapable of being contested with "regular troops". NBC = Nuclear / Biological / Chemical. Sure they can be used for humanitarian reasons but NEST is a much better choice. Why bring in a military organization when you can theoretically get a NEST team? What NEST does not have is a military mindset- to kill people, break things and hold ground. An organization tasked to Embassy protection, having that mindset and the ability to effectively conduct offensive/defensive (defensive in this case) operations in a radiological environment is the CBIRF.

When I said hostile environment before I was referring to panic vice warfare- such as in a sudden large wind shift happens and all of a sudden Tokyo is under the cloud that is now drifting offshore. Figure it going down like this:

Wind shifts and GoJ orders an evac of Tokyo. The masses of people panic since an evacuation of a city that size is NOT going to be orderly, traffic jams develop, cars break down etc. Civil authority degenerates...

The US Embassy will not be evacuated by land under these conditions. If there are any PSD types here they'll back up that assessment 100%. Evac will be by air and due to a large amount of fallout will need to be done in NBC gear (MOPP-4 at minimum).

The people essentially trapped in the streets see a way out....

Geeezus. I really hope this doesn't happen.

When this movie comes out I think Mat Damon should play the lead, either that or it's going to be one hell of a documentary.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In case you missed this video, interview with Dr. Christopher Busby:
www.youtube.com...=336

"It is Chernobyl level accident and worse"
"All of the fuel rods went up in the air"
"Luckily pacific is huge"
"International coverup of the consequences of Chernobyl"

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

NVM
edit on 1-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Mistook humor for snark..... I think.

No problem. It was just a whole bunch of Mil-terms strung together that seemed like, although it's probably true and correct - sounds like it just had to come from a movie.

But, enough off-top-ish.

PS: No offense intended.

edit on 2011-4-1 by EnhancedInterrogator because: No offense intended.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Tokyo time: Slightly after 6:15 PM.
Geiger reading from Tokyo: 0.32 μSv/h (indoor reading)
0.32 is the highest level I've gotten since I've been in Tokyo. It's still a low number and safe, but it's also three times the figure I got 4 hours ago. Hmmmm.

new topics

<< 465  466  467    469  470  471 >>

join