It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 461.htm
<< 458  459  460    462  463  464 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Zorgon- What is the red/pink coloration? I have not seen it mentioned before.

Boron is a light pink mineral... so it might be the boron they added to the water. Can't say that for sure though, but it is boron as the mineral colemanite (borax) that gives the cliffs out near me that pink color

Boron, Ca, Death Valley Home of the Twenty Mule Team
members.virtualtourist.com...

Boron atoms are represented as pink spheres

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good thing nothing important is going on anywhere.

edit on 3/31/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

Originally posted by Destinyone
TY, would you be so kind as to post it in the forum for me? I don't have the hang of that yet.

I'd love to but I don't know how to do that yet either, I just link because there is no "insert" option in my menu...

Three ways to insert images..

1) Best is save an image to your media on ATS accessed by "tools" then "pictures" and set up your account
Then under the image you will get a code that uses the [atsimg] [/atsimg] with square bracket. Image size is limited to 640 width so if bigger you will need right click to view image

2) use the 'image' button to insert... BUT this only inserts images from certain authorized sites like imageshack and a few others like mine. Otherwise it gives you the external image pic. This is to save the smaller websites bandwidth usage. A few million ATS viewers could shut down small sites

3) for news sites that have no bandwidth issues you can type in the ATS tags
and it will show the image. To resize you add a size like

Hope that helps... and don't forget the link for copyright issues as ATS is a business. Clips like the NHK screenshots already have url and photo ID on them so that helps a lot on saving time

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by VinceH

Originally posted by zorgon
More closeups of damage

zorgon: do we know which reactor this pic if from? I'm wondering if it is #3.

Does anyone else think that the large green object in this picture might be the reactor top (obviously not where it belongs)

Vince

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by TheRedneck

Compare those two pictures and tell me the one in the damaged building does not look like the top of the reactor vessel under construction. Not only that but it is offset from the center of the building. Every diagram I've seen shows the reactor in the center of the building.

IF that is indeed a portion of the reactor vessel, then it is been dislodged from it's original location and has several of its plates blown off.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone typos

Thank you everyone who has already commented on this post. The speed at which this thread moves guarantees that many haven't nor will see this, so I ask for the indulgence of those who has already seen this.

Would live to have SFA give his thoughts on this and anyone else who has not yet done so.

Edit to add: i personally think this is from unit 4 considering the state of unit 3, though I suppose it could be.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Added thought

Looking at the time stamp tells me it is unit 4 (10:12:11) for the picture referenced above and (10:12:00) from another picture in the series Zorgon posted that clearly shows the yellow containment dome. Unless there were two separate drones flying at the same time.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Added reasoning for earlier added thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Good thing nothing important is going on anywhere.

See what happens when several million ATS viewers check out a site? It's one reason I no longer post direct links to certain .mil sites... it makes them 'nervous'

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
March 31st Tepco Press Release

On March 28th 2011, we received advice from Nuclear Safety Commission of
Japan to conduct sampling survey of the water on the first basement of
turbine building of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station as well as to
reinforce the sampling survey of seawater in order to secure safety and to
monitor the leakage of the water on the basement into underground and/ or
sea.

Interpretation anyone?
Question: Why are we seeing this from Unit #5 & #6???

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"Hope that helps... and don't forget the link for copyright issues as ATS is a business."

I can assure you every full text article or pic posted here without permission is a copyright violation...I was surprised ATS allowed it.

People think posting the link or attributing gets the job done. That's like a car thief telling the cops "What's the big deal, I put "Stolen from John Doe" on the back bumper!".

Righthaven has been making noises about going after individual posters when they can't get any money out of the website...maybe I should quit my own shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the info!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I concur that the above picture shows a reactor that was lifted and set ascue in an explosion.
I also think that the floor/bed rock has been compromised.

edit on 31-3-2011 by rbrtj because: forgot to put in the 'think"

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Lol you beat me, I've been sat here trying to work it out because it's a sub drain but I can't make any sense of it!

If it matches anything we might be on to something.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So, if they had 5000 at Dai-Ichi then they must have had 5000 at Dai-ini which was a whole 10 kilometers away?
Is anyone outside Tepco and the JapGuv believing any of this bullcrap?

Well at least NHK brought it up and made TEPCo 'apologize' publicly and state they will fix it. Will be hard to go back on that one. I have also seen NHK reporters on the verge of tears after an update. They report all along the government line that everything is okay, situation getting better, then suddenly get a report that things are worse... you can feel their disbelief... because they are the ones passing it on to the public...

I just wish they would wake up and ask the hard questions

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

March 31st Tepco Press Release

On March 28th 2011, we received advice from Nuclear Safety Commission of
Japan to conduct sampling survey of the water on the first basement of
turbine building of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station as well as to
reinforce the sampling survey of seawater in order to secure safety and to
monitor the leakage of the water on the basement into underground and/ or
sea.

Interpretation anyone?
Question: Why are we seeing this from Unit #5 & #6???

My previous post;

Originally posted by SDoradus
Basement Water samples turbine buildings

Released today these samples from the turbine buildings. Missing seems to be a sample from #4, which may be because it is not fueled (and there is no water) or because it is to hot to get near. I don't know but from the images it looks like the 'poolium' is coming from building 4 (un-fueled) and it may be the most dangerous reactor out there because the pool was full with 1,331 fuel assemblies in swimming.

Soo, 'poolium' and missing sample.

Bq/cc
1 - 1651.82 - really bad
2 - 83.521 - bad
3 - 56.553 - also bad, highest Cs-137 contamination from 4 that fell through the roof?
4 - no-data - possibly catastrophic - poolium -
5 - 2.227 - high but no problem
6 - 113.511 - yea, got to keep that spent fuel cool guys or this could get out of hand also.

I read spent fuel assemblies and other stats here

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So, if they had 5000 at Dai-Ichi then they must have had 5000 at Dai-ini which was a whole 10 kilometers away?
Is anyone outside Tepco and the JapGuv believing any of this bullcrap?

Well at least NHK brought it up and made TEPCo 'apologize' publicly and state they will fix it. Will be hard to go back on that one. I have also seen NHK reporters on the verge of tears after an update. They report all along the government line that everything is okay, situation getting better, then suddenly get a report that things are worse... you can feel their disbelief... because they are the ones passing it on to the public...

I just wish they would wake up and ask the hard questions

I'm surprised more societies don't have a judicial system where if the perp apologizes and cries it makes premeditated murder or manslaughter forgiveable.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If they were knowingly sending workers, unmonitored, into known or posted radiation areas, there is no end to what they might consider doing if left unwatched.

What a horrible thing to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I was trying to match it up to these but they are air and water
NHK

Can anyone see any matches??

Probably not as there would now be a higher build up in the sea now and they keep flushing out the building if it was coming from the sub.

edit on 31/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

And the ripples continue...

An aerial photo, taken by small unmanned drone, showing the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. From bottom to top, Reactors 4 through 1. Photo: Aflo/Air Photo Service / Rex Features
By Danielle Demetriou in Tokyo 9:00PM BST 31 Mar 2011

The so-called Fukushima 50, the group of around 300 technicians, soldiers and firemen who work in shifts of 50, have been exposed repeatedly to dangerously high radioactive levels as they attempt to avert a nuclear disaster.

The mother of one of the men has admitted that the group have discussed their situation and have accepted that death is a strong possibility.

“My son and his colleagues have discussed it at length and they have committed themselves to die if necessary in the long-term.”

Nicolas Sarkozy, the French president, said the world needed international safety standards on nuclear power by the end of the year as fears surrounding the extent of radiation leaks in Japan continued to grow.

Mr Sarkozy, on the first trip by a foreign leader to Japan since the devastating earthquake and tsunami on March 11, said he would call a meeting of the G20's nuclear power watchdogs to discuss safety regulations. "We must address this anomaly that there are no international safety norms for nuclear matters ... We need international safety standards before the end of the year."

www.indiaeveryday.in...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Thank you everyone who has already commented on this post. The speed at which this thread moves guarantees that many haven't nor will see this, so I ask for the indulgence of those who has already seen this.

Would live to have SFA give his thoughts on this and anyone else who has not yet done so.

Edit to add: i personally think this is from unit 4 considering the state of unit 3, though I suppose it could be.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Added thought

Looking at the time stamp tells me it is unit 4 (10:12:11) for the picture referenced above and (10:12:00) from another picture in the series Zorgon posted that clearly shows the yellow containment dome. Unless there were two separate drones flying at the same time.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Added reasoning for earlier added thought.

I'm not sure we can narrow it down by the presence of the yellow reactor lid. All of the reactors have a lid. We suspect (and pictorial evidence confirms) that the reactor lid in #4 was likely already off to the side before the explosion. It likely hasn't moved significantly.

Whatever reactor that picture is from (I'm still betting it's #3), the explosion was enough to totally dislodge a significant portion of the reactor itself. Blowing the reactor lid around wouldn't be an issue if it had enough force to damage the RPV. Maybe the reactor lid is what has punched the nice big hole in the turbine building roof.

I think what this picture (regardless of which reactor the picture is from) confirms the following:

- Not simply a hydrogen explosion in the secondary containment / building. The explosion originated deep with in the reactor. Perhaps from corium hitting water below the reactor.
- May indicated a meltdown + lower reactor breach going back as far as March 14 (date of the explosion) if it's #3. Do we know when #4 blew up? I haven't seen any video of #4 blowing either.
- Confirms total BS on the part of TPTB; no way hooking power back up / cooling pumps / turning the lights on / spraying water / attempting to get instrumentation back on line is going to do anything. Moreover, it would confirm that the pressure readings they are giving are a total lie. I suspected this all along as their instrumentation is not functioning, but this confirms it. A "blown" RPV isn't going to hold any pressure.

Vince

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
As a saying from antiquity has it, in a city besieged by famine, a lump of horseflesh is worth more than a pound of gold. In a city overshadowed by the prospect of a radiological Götterdämmerung, a single Geiger counter is certainly more precious than any amount of the finest, most beautifully marbled basashi.

I have acquired the Geiger below and will post occasional readings from Tokyo in this thread on the days I am in Japan, as long as this thread stays active. I'll be coming and going from Tokyo, so there will be interruptions.

Note: I'm no expert so any advice would be appreciated I can't vouch for the accuracy 100% but I'm hoping to get an academic to confirm calibration and accuracy. In the meantime, any advice, suggestions etc to a layman such as myself would be appreciated, although I cant read everything or even most things in this thread.

Tokyo radiation as of this writing: A nice low 0.15 μSv/h

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

Sorry, didn't see your post.
Good job.

Perhaps I can add a bit more details from here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Sorry, guys, I'm just not seeing this as the reactor flange. Although I don't know what exactly it is. If you compare the photos, the construction of both objects are completely different , and appear to have a greatly differing radius if you assume the man is a typical Japanese, and the blue barrels in the photo are typical 55 gal. drums.

I also, don't think it is a round as the picture appears, there is a large round shadow inside that seems to be playing tricks on my eyes. When I cover it up, that item looks more saggy than round. My first guess, is that it could be part of the skeleton of that cylindrical object in the background of the Fukushima fueling scene I posted. Judging from the color and the grease/rust trail, I would be inclined to think it is part of one of the cranes. As an outside chance, it could be the device that was referenced way earlier in the thread, that was added to the top of the reactors to compress and re-enforce the cracks they had discovered. It kinda fit around there the rings and tensioners on a snare drum. Most likely it is just some structural member that was thrown up and jammed that way in the explosion.. Who knows for sure.

top topics

<< 458  459  460    462  463  464 >>

join