Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Funny ... CNN just showed a map with the locations and names of the four nuclear plants that we've discussed (at various times) on this thread.

I don't know who this guy is they have on CNN right now, but he's not a very effective communicator. He come's off as over-bearing. I guess we've swung the other way from Bill Nye now.

I'm trying to see if that map they showed is on their web-page. I see a map there, but it's not the same one. If I can find it, I'll post it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Ha! Sorry.....didn't mean to sound so....errrr....uhhhh...passionate. But a lot of what's been posted here is a bit of an over reaction. My apologies if I came off in a bad manner.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

do you mean like the ash plume coming from the volcano eruption there? or the plume of some from the refinery fires?

Actually yes....not saying it couldn't happen, but those plumes were HUGE.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hugues de Payens because: Edit to clarify

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Some might be worried about the people of Japan, thank you.
More may be worried about the environment, or even whales that live in the ocean that will catch almost all of the fallout.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

multiple reactors in alarming state being cooled with seawater
no way someone should be worried about that at all

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

More may be worried about the environment, or even whales that live in the ocean that will catch almost all of the fallout.

As am I. But can you do anything about it?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
bet people will be worried if the one in newyork that sets on faults there
is hit with a quake !! there is 20 million people around that plan that evac !!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

multiple reactors in alarming state being cooled with seawater
no way someone should be worried about that at all

Obviously you miss my point.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Obviously

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
bet people will be worried if the one in newyork that sets on faults there
is hit with a quake !! there is 20 million people around that plan that evac !!

No doubt.....all I am trying to say is that this alarmist stuff does no one any good. That is all.

Bash me if you like. I could really care less. But some of these posts are exactly that....alarmist. All that is going on here, in some cases, is speculation. Speculation breeds fear, and fear breeds panic.

One motto of this site is to " deny ignorance". Hmmmmmmmm........

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Are you suggesting we stop paying attention or something? That we should just check CNN once a day and go about our business? I don't get what you're aiming at. Just be out with it already.

ETA: ah, I see you got to your point. Okay, you think we're alarmist. Great, like I said, thanks for your opinion. Later, dude.
edit on 13-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article NHK regarding specifically the Tsumami impacts on the Fukushima plants ...

TEPCO: Unforeseeable tsunami caused plant trouble

Tokyo Electric Power Company says unexpectedly powerful tsunami caused cooling system failures at its nuclear power plants in quake-stricken Fukushima prefecture.

The reactors have not been cooling properly at the Fukushima N0. 1 and No. 2 nuclear power stations ever since the cooling systems failed after they were hit by tsunami. It is unknown whether they can be restored.

TEPCO says the water-drenched equipment and machinery short-circuited after the power plants were submerged in sea water on Friday.

Based on the government's guidelines, the Fukushima No. 1 plant was designed to withstand tsunami waves of up to 5.7 meters and the No. 2 plant, up to 5.2 meters.

TEPCO says the tsunami waves that hit the plants were higher than 10 meters.
Monday, March 14, 2011 09:53 +0900 (JST)

Note: Emphasis added to quotes by poster (i.e. me).

I think that's what's known in several industries as "root cause".
edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens

Originally posted by butcherguy

About they same thing that you can do about people "overreacting".
Eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Are you suggesting we stop paying attention or something? That we should just check CNN once a day and go about our business? I don't get what you're aiming at. Just be out with it already.

ETA: ah, I see you got to your point. Okay, you think we're alarmist. Great, like I said, thanks for your opinion. Later, dude.
edit on 13-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

Didn't say that. I said some of it is alarmist. You, however, asked some very good questions. My opinion by the way is based on years of training and experience.

Good night and best wishes to you all.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
NYT NEWS ALERT: Experts Say Radioactive Releases From Japanese Plants Could Last Weeks or Months

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
YOU ARE RIGHT HMMMMMMMM that is what my goal was, if you are not worried about this very serious situation then leave , to stay and downplay this is suspicious makes me go hmmmm and want to deny your ignorance
edit on 13-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I'm just another very grateful ATS member who wants to thank you, TheRedNeck, for all that you contribute to this thread. Your knowledge and insight has gone a long way in helping me sort through the conflicting info/disinfo while keeping things in perspective at this time. Kudos.

link   

Actually I am doing what I can to help my friends I have living in Japan at the moment...by spending hours digging thru news stories, press releases, ATS posts, etc and trying to put together the real story the best I can to forward them...IN case they are being told something different etc..

In everyone's rush to try and post the latest news, sometimes crap shows up, sometimes gems..so please don't say we are all being alarmist..I can't speak for everyone..But I am trying my best not to be a alarmist..but ALOT of the news is ALARMING wouldn't you agree?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Meant to reply to Hugues but not smart enough to change it now

Don't worry, you aren't alone. There is a very alarmist mentality here. I'm sure that's just because everybody is on full alert though. I live in western Oregon, if SHTF like everybody likes to say, I could be one of the first screwed. I'm sure the info comes across alarming because we are being left in the dark on a lot of issues, and the rest of the issues have major conflicting reports. My genuine belief is that if a small amount of radiation with long lasting effects was to reach us, we would just be left in the dark. If a large amount of radiation was going to reach us, the kind with tons of scientific data used in lawsuits, then we will be warned at the last possible second to keep people from panicking. I honestly am not sure which thread I am in(The nuclear one or the earthquake one) so earthquakes suck. (Now it's relevant right?)

edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: Wrong reply
edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
read this and tell me no reason to be alarmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexU.S. helicopters detect radiation 60 miles from damaged Japanese plant, suggesting wider contamination - nytimes nyti.ms...

new topics
top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join