It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 449.htm
<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
For our ATS photo analysts.

Cryptome has released Hi-Res photos of Fukushima.
I think these photos are posted in this thread, but not Hi-Res.
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant Hi-Res Photos

The mouth of the beast? Reactor #3?

A small cuttout of one of the Hi-Res images from my crappy pc

edit on 3/31/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Adding some photos to the discussion

March 27 - Police surround body found 5 km from plant.

March 24 - Unit 3 from unmanned drone

March 27 Japanese Ground Defense Video pic - no reactor number

Link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Interesting New Twist

Japan Nuclear Agency: Truck Runs Into Daini Nuclear Plant

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said Thursday that a truck had run through the gate of a nuclear power plant in Fukushima prefecture earlier today.

The driver has been detained by the police, a spokesman at the agency said at a press conference. The truck, which appeared to belong to right-wing groups, had loudspeakers that would normally be used for political slogans and songs.

The agency, known as NISA, said the truck showed up at 0321 GMT in front of the main gate of the quake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, demanding entrance to the site. It was turned away.

The truck then moved to the Fukushima Daini plant located about 10 kilometer south of the Daiichi plant. It ran through the west gate of the Daini plant at 0408 GMT.

Source

This is not what is needed during this crisis!!

BlackSheep

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

You only get the familiar blue glow if the nuclear fuel rods are immersed in water and they have been operating long enough to have become significantly radioactive. It actually comes from the beta decay of the fission fragments, not the neutrons.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Interesting...TY. High res leaves less to the imagination.

Found this at the very bottom of an article from your link...[url]http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/03/radiation_slows_recovery_of_de.html[url]

THowever, radiation levels are rising. Seawater some 360 yards from the shore south of the plant measured 4,385 times the legal limit, up from 3,355 times the allowed amount the previous day, officials from plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

Experts say the radioactive particles are unlikely to build up significantly in fish, and in any case is expected to dissipate quickly in the vast Pacific Ocean.

How much radiation do you think, will eventually make the Pacific Ocean...less vast.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: content

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

reduce seems to be the wrong word here, the cesium is still there it is not reduced, and uptake will just take 2-14% longer.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

No that truck should have been prepped with yard arms and shown up at tepco headquarters.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
For our ATS photo analysts.

Cryptome has released Hi-Res photos of Fukushima.
I think these photos are posted in this thread, but not Hi-Res.
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant Hi-Res Photos

The mouth of the beast? Reactor #3?

A small cuttout of one of the Hi-Res images from my crappy pc

edit on 3/31/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

That looks defenitively blue in there. In the zoom out it looks like the position of the spend fuel pool, which would be good news, at least there is some water in there. That is consistent with the smokey lips.
edit on 31-3-2011 by mendel101 because: get my analogies straight

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Appologies if this has been mentioned, but these are the highest res quality images I have seen of the reactor complex, taken recently by a small commercial UAV.
Aerial Photos of Reactors

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

That last pic appears to be reactor 1, as the more intact #2 is right next to it (you can see some of the wall, and number 3's swath of destruction is nowhere in sight).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Up to 1,000 bodies left untouched near troubled nuke plant

Radiation fears have prevented authorities from collecting as many as 1,000 bodies of victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami from within the 20-kilometer-radius evacuation zone around the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant, police sources said Thursday.

One of the sources said bodies had been ''exposed to high levels of radiation after death.'' The view was supported by the detection Sunday of elevated levels of radiation on a body found in Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, about 5 km from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.

The authorities are now considering how to collect the bodies, given fears that police officers, doctors and bereaved families may be exposed to radiation in retrieving the radiation-exposed bodies or at morgues, according to the sources.

Even after the bodies are handed over to the victims' families, cremating them could spread plumes containing radioactive materials, while burying the victims could contaminate the soil around them, according to the sources.

This is terrible, but what is there to do with the bodies now?
edit on 31-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

They could send over some of those FEMA coffins. They made a huge amount of them. The coffins where made extra spacious, so more than one person can fit in it. How cosy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

Excuse me....but, I think this is exactly what is needed in this crisis. It's clear to me, some people, are doing the only thing they can do, in light of the outright untruths being spoon fed to them by TPTB. If I knew there was a nation wide campaign of disinformation, that could seriously harm, or kill, my friends and neighbors, you bet I'd try to find a way to get that information to them.

Desperate times, call for desperate measures. It's part of human nature. It's otherwise referred to as. SELF PRESERVATION.

Des

PS, Don't be surprised of Tepco tries to dump all that nasty stuff into the Pacific Ocean, in the Japan Trench, off the coast of Sendai...out of sight, out of mind, plenty of cold water, in a subduction zone.

The Japan Trench is an oceanic trench, a part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, in the floor of the northern Pacific Ocean off northeast Japan. It extends from the Kuril Islands to the Bonin Islands and is 9,000 metres (29,500 ft) at its deepest.[citation needed] It is an extension of the Kuril-Kamchatka Trench to the north and the Izu-Ogasawara Trench to its south with a length of 800 km (500 mi).[1] This trench is created when the oceanic Pacific plate subducts beneath the continental Okhotsk Plate. The subduction process causes bending of the downgoing plate, creating a deep-sea trench. Continuing movement on the subduction zone associated with the Japan Trench is one of the main causes of tsunamis and earthquakes in northern Japan, including the megathrust Tōhoku earthquake and resulting tsunami that occurred on 11 March 2011.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gr82m8okdok

Originally posted by buni11687
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Up to 1,000 bodies left untouched near troubled nuke plant

Radiation fears have prevented authorities from collecting as many as 1,000 bodies of victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami from within the 20-kilometer-radius evacuation zone around the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant, police sources said Thursday.

One of the sources said bodies had been ''exposed to high levels of radiation after death.'' The view was supported by the detection Sunday of elevated levels of radiation on a body found in Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, about 5 km from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.

The authorities are now considering how to collect the bodies, given fears that police officers, doctors and bereaved families may be exposed to radiation in retrieving the radiation-exposed bodies or at morgues, according to the sources.

Even after the bodies are handed over to the victims' families, cremating them could spread plumes containing radioactive materials, while burying the victims could contaminate the soil around them, according to the sources.

This is terrible, but what is there to do with the bodies now?
edit on 31-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

They could send over some of those FEMA coffins. They made a huge amount of them. The coffins where made extra spacious, so more than one person can fit in it. How cosy.

They could pay some of the people who say it's nothing to worry about to remove them!

The police in radiation protective suits can watch from a distance,.........................with binoculars and give directions by walkie talkie!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gr82m8okdok

Originally posted by gr82m8okdok

That way they can keep one another company in their permanent state of non-decay. Creepiness in the extreme!

Unfortunately they will have to be placed in the coffins by unmanned machinery since nobody can even touch them.

Ergh.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

NHK has learned that Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, has not provided every worker at the damaged Fukushima nuclear plant with radiation monitors, breaking government rules. TEPCO says the quake destroyed many radiation monitors, so in some work groups only leaders have them, leaving others struggling to manage exposure.  

NHK Ticker

Excuses, excuses! If a plant is going to get damaged during a disaster, then the safety equipment will probably get damaged if it is in the same location. They have over 20 nuclear plants in Japan - they should have had this covered.

Again, it's the workers who have to pay the price for this. No doubt it is a direct result of this...

Kan looks at separating nuclear safety agency from industry ministry

Greed and cutting costs... again?

Is this honestly the best we can do? We humans with all our intelligence, creativity and compassion, seem to be stuck in a rut when it comes to handling big business and governments.

Kyodo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeams771

this is what we get till we smarten up and deal with the rotten people that claim to be our smart leaders that know what is best for us all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's human nature.

Example....

Boss "You. Go over there an pick up that debris."

Worker "Can I borrow your counter to see if it's OK over there?"

Boss. " I can see on the counter it's fine. Besides it'll only take you an hour or so. Wave to me when you have done it. I have the only radios as well and the other Boss needs one."

Worker thinks to himself. "Well he is in charge. He must know it's OK. He said so. He would never put me in danger and he is superior to me. I'd better do it and see if he praises me afterwards.""

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

Some people need to win their darwin awards now and leave this world a smarter place. Then it won't be human nature anymore.
edit on 31-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted this AM.

4385 times the legal limit in the seawater now.

Radioactive iodine in seawater near the stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant in northeastern Japan has reached 4,385 the legal limit. The International Atomic Energy Agency has also found potentially unsafe levels of radiation outside of the 12-mile evacuation radius put in place by the Japanese government, raising questions about whether the current evacuation zone is sufficient.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Kyodo ticker...10,000 times limit found in groundwater

new topics

top topics

<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join