It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 448.htm
<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceH

Originally posted by zorgon
More closeups of damage

zorgon: do we know which reactor this pic if from? I'm wondering if it is #3.

Does anyone else think that the large green object in this picture might be the reactor top (obviously not where it belongs)

Vince

It's not #4. Reactor 4 had a yellow dome which was opened in the middle section during removing the core before the disaster.

Whichever reactor it is the outer dome is missing. The whole structure has leaned to one side. The three concrete slabs above it have gone.

I cannot see any part of the crane fuel loading devices that are circular in design.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
URGENT: Kan, Sarkozy agree to craft new int'l nuclear safety standards

TOKYO, March 31, Kyodo

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan and French President Nicolas Sarkozy agreed Thursday that the two countries will cooperate in crafting new international nuclear safety standards by the end of this year following the ongoing crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The two leaders told a joint news conference after their meeting in Tokyo that nuclear issues will top the agenda at the Group of Eight summit in late May, when leaders also from Britain, Canada, Germany, Italy, Russia and the United States will gather in the northwestern French resort city of Deauville.

Sarkozy, who is G-8 chair this year, said he will try to release a communique on nuclear safety issues at the forthcoming summit.

==Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp...

More talk

:shk:
edit on 31-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by VinceH
zorgon: do we know which reactor this pic if from? I'm wondering if it is #3.

I think that one is #1 and that is the spent fuel tank. The reactor tops are yellow. #3 doesn't have that much left. Been trying to find the link to the film I clipped those from but it's temporarily lost in the pile of rubble in my computer

Isn't the spent fuel tank rectangular?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

thank you mate.

So it was a press conference about nothing major really?
Sounds like they could have jsut released a statement... but I guess the pink panther wanted to show his ugly mug on the telly to show he cares and that France will help rebuild /cash in

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
Isn't the spent fuel tank rectangular?

Yeah it is... I need to find that video again... I will hunt for it in the morning. Seems NHK is on reruns for the night so its Sayonara for me....

>

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
SwissNuclear HQ offices bombed in Olten, Switzerland

Olten Bombing

Seems somebody is taking the desire to shut down reactors quite seriously. For this to happen in Switzerland... kind of jaw agape here.

Going back to earlier the photo of the containment head breach- it is most likely on #1. Original vid is kind of misplaced on my comp at the moment.

edit on 31-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Additional info

The yellow part is on the outside and was surrounded by loads of concrete.

At 2:27 they confirm the yellow dome is reactor No4....

www.youtube.com...=11

Also you can see the green tiles from the SFP of reactor no3 in the rubble at 2:04.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Procharmo because: Re hosting image.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Night spot is gone tonight:

I pinpointed the exact spot it radiates from, the red dot in the zoom below:

Can anybody guess where exactly that is?

Raw data:

Note: in last two images camera was tilted. Spots is in exact same location every night, when it's there.

If this is Cerenkov radiation and it's not blocked off for any trivial reason this could mean that at this spot tonight the water is gone, which would be consistent with reduced water input because of the "feed and bleed" situation. Or just less water vapor in the air?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Some Useful Links

I just wanted to post a few links which I find very useful.

The first link has a map with 240 frequently updated geiger counter readings from around Japan. Of interest for anyone located inside or outside Japan. I have noticed the radiation level readings listed on the site do go up or down depending on current wind directions.

The second link shows a map with up-to-date wind forecasts for Japan. I hope these are helpful.

Japan Geiger Counter link

Japan Wind Forecast link
edit on 31-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mendel101

Really good observation. I only just managed to post images but the info you have given has gone beyond that. I'm sure this will be repeated around the net in the near future.

Someone should let Alex Jones know about and read this thread......It'll get a slightly larger audience...

Perhaps someone could confirm whether Cerenkov light occurs with neutrons being present without water.

This seems to be a be a good layman's explanation, so yes water is needed.

hep.bu.edu...

Super-Kamiokande is a water Cherenkov detector. In water, light travels about 25% slower than it does in a vacuum and it is possible for an energetic particle to travel faster than light. (This is not possible in the vacuum where light is the fastest things there is!). When a particle travels faster than the speed of light in water, it produces a shock wave that is the equivalent of a sonic boom made by a jet travelling faster than the speed of sound in air. This shock wave takes the form of blue light called Cherenkov light, after the Russian physicist Pavel Cherenkov,wall of the detector. This light is detected by an array of light sensitive photomultipliers, as illustrated below. The image is in the form of a ring (red tubes). By measuring the brightness, shape, and direction of the ring we can figure out how much energy the particle had, whether it is a muon or electron, and which way it was going.

Regarding a guess......I reckon it's the spent fuel pool No7 that was at ground level........!

edit on 31-3-2011 by Procharmo because: Additional info

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
already posted a page back, but adds to it(missed, opened last page).

another relevant news...

www.france24.com/en/20110331-letter-bomb-blast-swiss-nuclear-industry-group-0?quicktabs_1=0

31 March 2011 - 12H56

Letter bomb blast at Swiss nuclear industry group

AFP - A letter bomb exploded at the offices of the Swiss nuclear energy association Thursday, injuring two people, police said.

The letter exploded at the offices of Swissnuclear in the northern town of Olten, a police spokesman said. Both victims suffered superficial wounds.

"At about 8.15 am, while opening the letter, it exploded," injuring two people, a spokesman for police in the canton of Solothurn told AFP.

"One person was hurt in the arm," he said, without giving details about the identities of the victims.

No-one has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Swissnuclear is the nuclear energy offshoot of the Swiss power industry association. It groups major power generating firms in Switzerland, according to the association's website. Swissnuclear was not immediately available for comment.

(...)

edit on 31-3-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Wow! Could it be that more people will be harmed from protests than the accident it self! The French Swiss are not messing around. Hope there was no radiative dust in the parcel!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I found a tonne of links and docs here Google Docs

Useful Daiichi Links ( Daiichi Links )

Disaster/ Relief
FIA Emergency Info page
Doctors without Borders
ShelterBox
ShelterBox Japan
Unicef
SaveTheChildren
ReliefWeb
ICRC Family Links (find missing/ dead)
US Aid Efforts (US Pacific Command)
Latest News/ Updates
Kyodo News
Reuters
BBC News
NYT (New York Times)
NHK World News
Agency Updates
JAIF (Japan Atomic Industrial Forum)
IAEA (Intl. Atomic Energy Agency)
NISA (Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency)
Radiation Monitoring
TEPCO monitoring
RadiationNetwork
JapanStatus
Rdtn.org
ZAMG
MEXT
TargetMap
Eurad Plume map
Japanese Ministry of Education Monitoring
Radiation Exposure Info video
Radiation calculator/ unit converter
Geiger counters (US)
EPA radiation monitoring (US)
West Coast (US) Monitoring (Oregon Public Health Authority)
Recent Quakes (worldwide)
USGS recent quakes
Geofon Recent Quakes
Earthquake 3D
Shindo scale
Plant / Facilities Information
NIRS
BBC graphic
NYT Spent Fuel Storage Interactive
Thermal Image
Thermal Image 2
Reactor / Cooling System Diagram (detailed)
DOE document~ BWR Reactor Vessel Bottom Head Failure modes (technical)
China's Alternative Reactor Design
Thorium Reactors
TEPCO press
Leadership
Admission Statement
Health Info
CDC Center for Disease Control
CDC (KI) Potassium Iodide info
IEER Plutonium-239 health information
US NRC Nuclear Regulatory Commission Info
Health Affects Q&A
WSJ rad info
Radiation Chart
INES scale
Weather / Wind / Cams / Misc.
Fukushima Weather
Tokyo +surrounding weather
Daiichi web cam
Tokyo web cam
Daiichi / Chernobyl comparison
Institue for Energy and Environmental Research
OPINION: Information controlled when atomic power out of control (Kyodo)
edit on 31-3-2011 by mrrad because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Look what you guys have done!

Fukushima fearmongers are stealing our Jetsons future

Hysteria now completely disconnected from reality

By Lewis Page
Posted in Physics, 31st March 2011 11:35 GMT

As the situation at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear powerplant slowly winds down, the salient facts remain the same as they have been throughout: nobody has suffered or will suffer any radiological health consequences. Economic damage and inconvenience resulting from the quake's effects on nuclear power have been significant, but tiny in comparison to all other human activities – the nuclear power plants in the stricken region have suffered less damage and caused less trouble to local residents than anything else that was there.

Despite this background, the details of which are now largely uncontested, hysteria continues to grip large sections of the news media and the internet.

Can you believe this guy?

edit on 3/31/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here is a bunch of hires pics of various places around japan post EQ.

Post Japan Pics

Very shocking and amazing images here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
For some reason...this says it all to me...

In the meantime, the disaster claimed another life. A 64-year-old Fukushima farmer hanged himself last week after saying “our vegetables are no good anymore.”

Plus:

CEO Carlos Ghosn toured the earthquake-damaged Nissan engine plant in Iwaki. Iwaki is some 35 miles from the stricken Fukushima power plant. Right away, Carlos Ghosn had to deny rumors that Nissan would abandon their engine plant. Instead, Ghosn “vowed to use every possible means to rebuild it,” says The Nikkei

hmmmm....I don't think so.

www.thetruthaboutcars.com...

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Look what you guys have done!

Fukushima fearmongers are stealing our Jetsons future

Hysteria now completely disconnected from reality

By Lewis Page
Posted in Physics, 31st March 2011 11:35 GMT

As the situation at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear powerplant slowly winds down, the salient facts remain the same as they have been throughout: nobody has suffered or will suffer any radiological health consequences. Economic damage and inconvenience resulting from the quake's effects on nuclear power have been significant, but tiny in comparison to all other human activities – the nuclear power plants in the stricken region have suffered less damage and caused less trouble to local residents than anything else that was there.

Despite this background, the details of which are now largely uncontested, hysteria continues to grip large sections of the news media and the internet.

Can you believe this guy?

edit on 3/31/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

Amazing...I didn't know ostriches could talk...

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

At this point, I firmly believe anyone attempting to make such a claim must be lying. Denial can only go so far. It's like saying no one has been injured in a car accident. Anyone who tried to say that we would know was either insane or so devoted to an agenda they didn't mind telling obvious lies. We literally have stories of piles of corpses too hot to be buried and we still have to go back to square one and convince people something is really going on? That ostrich looks a lot like a vulture to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

That article is nuts!

Hysteria?!?!

It is amazing to me how many people in my area know about the Japan EQ, but have zero interest in the reactors. Everyone in my family except for me and my Uncle are very worried about Japan...but Hysterical?

What a crock!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

LOl ok I got that visual thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Don't be roadkill. Be a human and don't panic.

TheRedneck

That's great stuff!
Some backwoods spirituality.

You should make that last bit your signature!!

I keep thinking of this quote these days from General Douglas MacArthur that seems to apply to our situation -

"It must be of the spirit if we are to save the flesh."

top topics

<< 445  446  447    449  450  451 >>

join