It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 444.htm
<< 441  442  443    445  446  447 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Okay caught the ticker on the ocean level INCREASE

4,385 times higher 330 meters from the plant

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Procharmo

OK this is a VERY preliminary look at the overhead but here is what I see (photo is enlarged and uncropped- lot of things going on in this one):

Red arrows = application of force.
Circles = area of interest

OK let's start with the green circle. Within this area you can see an upwards and outwards application of force. Something went up & out in a hurry- whether it was explosive venting, hydrogen explosion or something else... it left FAST.

The blue circle shows a lot of what appears to be charred material, most likely concrete and roofing materials. Whatever was under there was VERY hot.

Just to the "south" of that is a large scorch mark which is consistent with an explosion "next door". Pay attention to the red arrow showing a large AC unit being shoved to the left. This is consistent with a blast coming from out of frame to the "south".

The red arrow on the far left shows a large diameter pipe or duct bent back onto itself, again showing a high order explosion somewhere "south" and out of frame. The same applies to the toppled stack at top right and general movement of the roof structure and wall damage near scorch mark.

The building at the bottom of the photo has holes in it as well but this is from airborne objects punching DOWN through the roof. You can see the curve of what appears to be rebar at the edges.

Welcome to ATS.
I'm sceptical about what anyone says about themselves, but your analyses of the photos shows you have genuine ability in that area.

In the picture above, the blue circle is over the reactor, and the green circle is over the spent fuel pool.
- I'm sure you'd already guessed as much.

The troubling bits are the white marks on top of the reactor. I suspect these are holes in the lid.
- If there is still a lid there at all.
Otherwise, gaps in the debris, and we are looking straight down onto the open core.
I wouldn't put it past TEPCO to quickly remove the evidence and not tell anyone.
With their doomed slaves, I mean brave workforce, being locked up at night, they are hardly likely to tell anyone what they've seen and done.
The large glowy things in the smoke of the blast may have been the pool, but what would create the pressure under the pool to blow it out?
The reactor lid is a yellow half-sphere which opens in the middle, so it could easily break in two, and there appeared to be to similar roundish objects in that smoke.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think Japan in the affected areas may be very much out of the loop

has anyone checked our wonderful EPA in a while ?

you might want to close your eyes Redneck

To-date, levels recorded at this monitor have been thousands of times below any conservative level of concern.

It says that right on top of every page.

Sacramento we can get numbers from a German source but our own EPA :

And for Hawaiithe page for Beta is an empty graph . No data.

Redneck, I am not being alarmist but I think that pragmatically one must assay the possibility that fukushima is like an aerosol can that is still running , it would be interesting to film the air above the plant at night with a hi-def infra red camera.

look at what teh EPA has to say about plutonium:

How does plutonium change in the environment?

All isotopes of plutonium undergo radioactive decay. As plutonium decays, it releases radiation and forms other radioactive isotopes. For example, Pu-238 emits an alpha particle and becomes uranium-234; Pu-239 emits an alpha particle and becomes uranium-235.

This process happens slowly since the half-lives of plutonium isotopes tend to be relatively long: Pu-238 has a half-life of 87.7 years; Pu-239 has a half-life is 24,100 years, and Pu-240 has a half-life of 6,560 years. The decay process continues until a stable, non-radioactive element is formed.

Top of page How do people come in contact with plutonium? Residual plutonium from atmospheric nuclear weapons testing is dispersed widely in the environment. As a result, virtually everyone comes into contact with extremely small amounts of plutonium.

People who live near nuclear weapons production or testing sites may have increased exposure to plutonium, primarily through particles in the air, but possibly from water as well. Plants growing in contaminated soil can absorb small amounts of plutonium.

As if it's as common as dandruff. Trust is a hard thing to come by but that description of plutonium borders on criminal, but this takes the cake:

What can I do to protect myself and my family from plutonium? Since plutonium levels in the environment are very low, they pose little risk to most people. However, people who live near government weapons production or testing sites may have higher exposure. Plutonium particles in dust are the greatest concern, because they pose the greatest health risk. People living near government weapons facilities can track radiation monitoring data made available by site personnel. If radiation levels rise, they should follow the radiation protection instructions given by site personnel.

How do I know if I'm near plutonium? You must have special equipment to detect the presence of plutonium.

so you should monitor your environment for plutonium , but , er, you need special equipment for that , nice

edit on 31-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
For figuring out exact blast forces I'd need a lot of info on hand as far as structural materials used, exact dimensions, concrete mix (approximation) as well as a lot of other things.

Based on a SWAG (after a few beers) IMO you're looking at no less than 15 psi in overpressure.

10 psi kills in an enclosed structure and will blow walls out of normal concrete buildings. 4 psi will blow a typical wood frame house.

This was min 15 psi UNENCLOSED. That is huge. Like really, really big. MOAB big.

Exactly what I said in an earlier post. Larger than an atomic gun, larger than the MOAB and FOAB but smaller than the atomic cannon.

You can find all those explosions in youtube....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I ain't eating those fish!

I honestly can't understand why they are even taking the boat out... is there no information reaching Japan?

Sure there is... "no immediate health risks"

So get out that frying pan... after all they don't have a lot of other food right now

I think this is from one of the most northern towns... I will check that next cycle.

Do we have any info on ocean currents? I would assume that would make a big difference on dispersal

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm on page 437 and trying to catch up after work as quickly as I can, but I have to ask a question real quick that I do not recall coming up, and I've followed this one since the beginning.

What about all of the goods that are in transit through the plume?!

I know for the most part they are in shipping containers, boxed, etc. but those things aren't air tight and if the "saving grace" is that the heavier particles will rain out over the pacific (which, I personally think a small enough particle will stay aloft, but will be more than happy to be wrong on this) then every cargo ship in the pacific has had fallout on it or will soon have fallout on it.

Is this a baseless fear?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

I ain't eating those fish!

I honestly can't understand why they are even taking the boat out... is there no information reaching Japan?

TheRedneck

Wait till they look like this!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

That wouldn't be from around the #3 reactor would it?

yeah #6 is from Plant #3 #5,7 and 8 (with the yellow dome and green crane) are #4

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

they are measuring some iodine as far away as the east coast so I think it's safe to say that at least some of the stuff transiting the pacific will be a bit dustier than one might like

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I know several cargo ships leaving japan heading to other countries have been turned around and sent back to japan
I am not sure what the U.S is doing with inbound ships..

No it's not a baseless concern

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
I am not sure what the U.S is doing with inbound ships..

Countries Begin Radiation Checks on Ships That Have Visited Japan

As the concerns mount over radiation leaking from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Japan, governments around the globe have announced various steps to monitor or screen ships and aircraft arriving from the quake-stricken country. So far, few ships or planes appear to have registered unusual radiation levels or suffered holdups because of contamination fears.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Where's this elliot lake?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

One of China’s largest ports, Yantian port in Shenzhen, next to Hong Kong, announced Friday that it had begun screening all arriving vessels and containers for radiation if they had been to Japan in the preceding 28 days and if Yantian was their first port of call in China. These vessels will not be allowed to unload until after all screening has taken place.

NYTIMES

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks very much for clearing that up. It looks like a few others were curious also.

About time we saw the theory discussed wider somewhere in the mass media. Because it isn't just suggests to me it isn't only TEPCO knowingly choosing the data to cover their rears for a while, but that foreign governments are complicit in also in keeping the charade going for whatever are their reasons. It also underlines how world governments and the nuclear power industry are acting as one.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by TheRedneck

How is iodine getting everywhere in the US, is the half life not only 8 days? If it is getting that far does that mean it's in the jet stream or are we just getting the second "half", as in half has already decayed? Also is the half life the same when it is in stuff like milk? As in if it is older than 8 days it is half as radioactive?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions buddy, I blame you though because you know too much.

Pred...

I think you are correct. When someone ways something measures 10 units and cannot say how old it is. Then it could have been 100 units at source if the source occurred 30 days ago or 10,000 units at source if it occurred 300 days ago. ( Don't quote me on the maths. But you get the idea).

Obviously this will make no difference to 30 year and 24,000 year half lives.....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
Where's this elliot lake?

Madawaska mine (Faraday mine), Bancroft, Ontario. Lots of rare minerals in that area Grenville Mineral province..

Betafite crystals... famous location, hard to find the spot (overgrown) and hard to find the crystals without a geiger counter . Silver Crater Mine of Bancroft, Ontario, Canada

4.5x4x3.5 cm crystal group of Betafite crystals with a little bit of matrix from the Silver Crater Mine, Bancroft, Ontario Going for $300.00 (not mine)

www.stefanmineralstore.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by zorgon because: Charlie Sheen did it
I KNOW NOTHING

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Oops. My bad. Yes. It's 3300%, not 3300 times.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's kind of a shame that radiation is odorless and invisible. It allows people in denial to completely ignore it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
hey Zorgon
2 questions for ya
1 did you see my post the other day about how the bay area has already had more iodine-131 fallout than was released total from 3 mile island?

and in that vast brain of yours do you have any data about 40 km from Chernobyl that we can compare that 2000000 becquerel per meter to?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I subscribe to dutchsinse's YouTube channel. He put up a video today saying that the EPA found 3300 times the maximum acceptable level of Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania and Massachusettes tap water.

The back of my neck has been feeling a little swollen. Anyone else feel this way?
edit on 30-3-2011 by windwaker because: Fact correction

This was news to me. I was standing out in the rain today without my umbrella. And I am not allowed to have any iodine. I think they should have let us known, so we can decide what is best for ourselves. So a big thank you! No standing in the rain for me.

Likely unrelated but yesterday I had my worst asthma attack in over 8 years. And today I am medicated like crazy and still having problems. My last severe problem with asthma was when I grew massive, multiple fist sized ectopic thyroid tissue in my chest. And my trachea was deviated. (Thus, good reason it was worse back then.) So this is unusual now without the deviation exacerbating things...
edit on 31-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 441  442  443    445  446  447 >>

join