It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 439.htm
<< 436  437  438    440  441  442 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by windwaker
Low levels of radiation found in US milk

Just imaging what that milk will look like under UV Light

DANG IT... that messes up cheese ice cream butter chocolate etc etc etc etc ARGGGGGGG

those things have always been fattening now they will be just a bit more on the indulgent side , and DIEt might take on a bit more meaning
edit on 30-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I wonder if it would be possible to determine the Force of some of the explosive events by analyzing the displacement of various structures and/or items seen in those photos?

Then, if the force of the blast could be computed, given what we know of the substances present at the time of the blast, we might be able to estimate the quanties of materials possibly remaining to cause another blast.

For example: If we could determine by the degree to which a particular pipe was deformed, knowing the force needed to deform said pipe at a given distance from a likely source of hydrogen, we could maybe deduce how much hydrogen was detonated to produce the blast?

Would that even be useful information at this stage of the disaster?

One thing (amoung many) that I still don't understand is this:

As has been mentioned many times, we have not yet seen any "Up Close" images of the damage inside the reactor buildings.

It would seem to me that such information would be of paramount importance to the experts and officials on site, and in the government, in order to determine not only best course of action, but also best estimates of likely outcomes. "How bad is it? How much Worse is it likely to get?"

Given the destruction, and assumedly high radiation levels present in those wrecks, I would not expect a human camera crew to risk their lives for those pictures. And the extent of the damage may be an insurmountable obstacle to wheeled or tracked robot cameras.

BUT there are a plethora of small, aerial camera-drones available to law enforcement, military, and even commercial operators, which have seemingly been ignored to date.

For heaven's sake, how long would it have taken to rigg up an video camera on a small, "hobby" blimp and fly it at least through the upper, now blown out, levels of the reactor buildings?

It makes me very uneasy when an ignorant peon like me can recognize so incongruous a situation as this.

I just figure, I'm not that smart, "They" can't be that stupid...Can they?

Or, is there some Other reason...?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12
I was wondering on the subject of the #3 explosion. I just found this video and it appears to have sound. I know one of the quotes says it seems to be added after the fact,but I would like another opinion. If it was not added, there would appear to be 3 distinct reports. Or are these echos?

The NHK helicopter taking the image was according to them at the time, 30 km away.. so the sound doesn't seem to match

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
I'd also like to add that should anyone wish to reuse any of the photos I have posted, please feel free to do so.

Thanks Been saving things chronologically to put on my website in order of events, but the news and this thread moves so fats I haven't had time yet. I guess it will be a history page after things 'settle' a bit

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens there would still have to be a breach in the condenser tube sheet for the tide to draw a vacuum on the system and contaminate the sea water. Guess that would definitely be possible after the quake and tsunami.

or a crack in the very foundation of the basement/trench system... no way to tell... but they keep saying they don't know how the water is getting into the ocean...

That means either they are lying or they can't see an underground breach. Either way it is obvious the water IS getting into the ocean in large contaminated volumes

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Stray dogs, abandoned cows... and the rice farmers who refuse to go: The only living things left in Japan's nuclear no-man's land

really? What... no mention of the plant workers? just dogs, cows and rice farmers in the area? Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
And a lovely shade of cobalt blue it is.

I have an old Art Deco 'Depression Glass" statue... about 1 foot tall... its bright uranium green and glows like crazy under UV light. I know it's 'hot' but can't part with it...

Looks like this...

Kinda puts out this...

Its also called Uranium Glass because of the Uranium Oxide that gives the glass its unique color...

I wouldn't want to keep a large collection

But then I have some very HOT betafites in the garage (in a lead box)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

3300%=33 times, not 3300 times.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Here is a VERY clear shot of a large hotspot. Identical to the Chernobyl one- bright orange with no smoking.

It is around 0:30 into the video in the upper right of the shot.

Fukushima Hotspot Video

I'd do screenshots and whatnot but the missus wants some lovin'. I like you guys here- just not THAT much

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It looks like a creamer from a tea set. LOL. Would you like cream in your coffee?

If you have guests you don't like you can serve them coffee in a pewter mug and ask them if they want any milk in there...
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
For figuring out exact blast forces I'd need a lot of info on hand as far as structural materials used, exact dimensions, concrete mix (approximation) as well as a lot of other things.

Based on a SWAG (after a few beers) IMO you're looking at no less than 15 psi in overpressure.

10 psi kills in an enclosed structure and will blow walls out of normal concrete buildings. 4 psi will blow a typical wood frame house.

This was min 15 psi UNENCLOSED. That is huge. Like really, really big. MOAB big.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

3300%, not 3300 times. That's would make it 33 times.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Here is a VERY clear shot of a large hotspot. Identical to the Chernobyl one- bright orange with no smoking.

Fukushima Hotspot Video

I'd do screenshots and whatnot but the missus wants some lovin'. I like you guys here- just not THAT much
Good catch; Zorgon, you definitely need to do a screenshot of that vid at the :30 mark; I would but Can't; it does look exactly like the Cherynobyl hotspot.

seeker

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

reply to post by zorgon

Fukushima Hotspot Video

Good catch; Zorgon, you definitely need to do a screenshot of that vid at the :30 mark; I would but Can't; it does look exactly like the Cherynobyl hotspot.

seeker

It's here somewhere...but prolly like 100 or so pages back now, lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Screenshot cropped and highlighted for comparison.

Got to hit the rack now but I'll be continuing to go through all available video and photos looking for anomalies tomorrow.

Thanks again for this great site and amazing thread!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good news for all you Milk drinkers

looks like milk from the Bay area in CA. is about 23.6 times more radioactive than milk from WA.

Iodine-131 in milk in bay area 18.9 pCi/L (0.70 Bq/L) source

Iodine-131 in milk from Spokane WA. 0.8 pCi/L (0.0296 Bq/L) source

edit on 30-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: fixed links

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Awesome, and in my curiosity, I found where it was posted and discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back on page 303. 7 days ago

edit on 30-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

omfg! That is crazy! I'm not drinking milk for a while I guess. I'm in bc but if it was found in washington, and in california, then it is definitely here. I do think this area of bc will get off real easy compared to other areas, and there is probably less danger considering the distance between here and spokane.... but... wow! 660 times normal levels in milk in california! How the heck can the media ignore the fallout issue now?! I'm seriously considering sealing my windows and doors right now....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am an antique dealer and have been collecting and selling what is sometimes called Vaseline glass for 35 plus years. I think some pieces have more uranium than others as I have detected different amounts of glow. My personal collection is smaller now but I love the glass - btw way your piece is beautiful - heavy glow.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey guys, I posted this on Facebook for my family and friends, but wanted to place it here as well for all of you who are wondering about what you can do. I'm not even going to put it in the "how to protect from radiation" thread because that turned into insults and off-topic flaming real quick. Y'all will actually appreciate it or just skip it and STFU about it, LOL. ETA: I can't link to the source because I wrote it and I'm not linking to my Facebook account.

Let me first say: Do not take potassium iodide (KI) pills unless instructed by the authorities or your doctor.

That said, there are many supplements that can help you reduce your intake of, detoxify from and reduce the damage of radioactive fallout not only from Fukushima, but also from lingering fallout from nuclear tests (China still does them), nuclear accidents, and the everyday toxins around you.

1) Kelp
By taking kelp every day, you can support your thyroid's healthy function, beyond radiation concerns. Long-term dosages should be carefully considered, as too much can have negative effects on thyroid health, but higher-than-normal doses for a few weeks or months is generally not going to be an issue. There is no real "limit" on iodine intake for everyone, because everyone deals with it differently, but there are "upper level limits" set forth that you should review in your long-term plans: lpi.oregonstate.edu...

Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) for Iodine:
Age Group UL (mcg/day): Infants 0-12 months Not possible to establish*; Children 1-3 years 200 mcg/day; Children 4-8 years 300 mcg/day; Children 9-13 years 600 mcg/day; Adolescents 14-18 years 900 mcg/day; Adults 19 years and older 1,100 mcg/day (1.1 mg/day)

The iodine content will depend on what type of kelp you buy; most pills or loose granules of generically-marked "kelp" are the brown kelp that is highest in iodine, so you can safely assume that 500 mg of powdered kelp will contain somewhere around 500 mcg (micrograms) of iodine, unless otherwise marked. If you plan to continue a kelp supplement for more than a few months, you will want to verify the iodine levels in your kelp source so you can be sure of your dosage.

When taking KI pills, you get iodine in the levels of milligrams, not micrograms (around 30 mg for adults, I believe?). 1,000 mcg equals 1mg. For this reason, KI pills are very effective at flooding your body with so much iodide that it can't take in any more, but this is also what makes it dangerous to take unless needed. Stay under 1 mg a day for an adult, and you should be fine while also supplying enough iodine to reduce the levels of I-131 your thyroid absorbs significantly.

2)Chlorella
This is the single-celled green algae, and was once hailed as the superfood of the future (until Monsanto "solved" the food shortages with chemicals and genetic modification). It is packed with protein and nutrients, and should be part of everyone's diet anyways. It is also very effective in detoxifying from dioxins, healing from radiation exposure and damage, and boosting immune systems among myriad other things. en.wikipedia.org...

Start with the recommended dosage on your particular brand, and move up if you feel the fallout situation is getting more worrisome. It's pretty hard to eat too much chlorella; you will most likely just vomit or get the runs before any negative effects take place.

3)Blue-green algae
Very similar to chlorella in all of its benefits, except it's not *actually* an algae. It's excellent for preventing mutations to cells and retarding tumor growth, in addition to its general antioxidant qualities. Wiki info

4)Apple pectin
This was used with children after Chernobyl to reduce the radiation loads in their bodies, and it showed amazing results.
www.irsn.fr...
www.science-connections.com...

Pectin (apple was used, but it appears any citrus pectin is effective as well) reduces the intake load and increases excretion of cesium 137 and strontium 85 in the body (and possibly other radioactive particles associated with fission fallout); a safe & effective dose is around 500-1,000 mg/day for lower levels of radiation and fallout, and up to 4-6 grams/day (4,000-6,000 mg) for severe contamination (kids in Japan should be taking a tablespoon at every meal right now). Studies found it was most effective when taken in conjunction with vitamins b1, b2, c and two other concoctions I can't even begin to speculate about (vitamins P and PP?!?)

None of what I have written applies to children, even the studies about the Chernobyl kids, because I will not be legally liable for anything that happens to your kids. What you put in them is always up to you and you alone. None of what I have recommended is dangerous in and of itself, and is pretty dang hard to overdose on, with the exception of kelp (but you'd have a sick stomach before you ate too much of it at one time---it's long-term thyroid issues that might develop because of high daily dosages, and even this is a crapshoot---some people in Japan get 85 mg of iodine a day from their diet and are fine). If you want to give these supplements to your kids, please do your own research as to what dosages are safe for your child's age and weight, and take the full responsibility for your actions. Once again, I HAVE NOT ADVISED YOU TO GIVE YOUR KIDS ANYTHING.

edit on 30-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 436  437  438    440  441  442 >>

join