It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 437.htm
<< 434  435  436    438  439  440 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Neologism time: POOLIUM...

Yep, definately POOLIUM now!
I guess we can think this industry for having to create another term, that we never want to hear again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

OK this is a VERY preliminary look at the overhead but here is what I see (photo is enlarged and uncropped- lot of things going on in this one):

Red arrows = application of force.
Circles = area of interest

OK let's start with the green circle. Within this area you can see an upwards and outwards application of force. Something went up & out in a hurry- whether it was explosive venting, hydrogen explosion or something else... it left FAST.

The blue circle shows a lot of what appears to be charred material, most likely concrete and roofing materials. Whatever was under there was VERY hot.

Just to the "south" of that is a large scorch mark which is consistent with an explosion "next door". Pay attention to the red arrow showing a large AC unit being shoved to the left. This is consistent with a blast coming from out of frame to the "south".

The red arrow on the far left shows a large diameter pipe or duct bent back onto itself, again showing a high order explosion somewhere "south" and out of frame. The same applies to the toppled stack at top right and general movement of the roof structure and wall damage near scorch mark.

The building at the bottom of the photo has holes in it as well but this is from airborne objects punching DOWN through the roof. You can see the curve of what appears to be rebar at the edges.
edit on 30-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Added details

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

The question that comes to mind is, how will Poolium differ from Corium?

I believe Poolium, although made up of so-called "spent fuel" will be "hotter" than Corium- because the moderator rods melted into Corium will be absent. Hence, the frantic attempts to get Boron (a moderator, or neutron poison) into what remained of the pools.

Like Corium, the Poolium will melt and incorporate the materials is comes into contact with, forming a larger and "cooler" puddle of radioactive lava over time, until finally "freezing" into place at some point.

Chernobyl Corium formed the Elephant's Foot. Hopefully, this Fukushima Poolium will form some similar whimsical shape, and then be... entombed... somewhere... for the next "intelligent" species to find.

link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

not necessarily if enough oxygen is present hydrogen will auto ignite at a high enough volumne per meter

link   
NHK reporting now that they plan to encase them with a waterproof resin to stop it getting airborn or spread to the sea. This just gets wakier

edit on 30-3-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SDoradus

... "intelligent" species to find.
Or be created by

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Interesting , it brings up another point, we haven't seen lots of stuff on fire , so I am wondering if perhaps there wasn't maybe a dirth of control rods to begin with , ( I know I am talking about cores and not pools) mox does take more ...

and it's not exactly a pool..
but it does sound better than runium

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Like i said before, from witnessing structures exploding due to natural gas, a hydrogen explosion is no different. It blows everything in every direction. The explosion at #3 was concentrated straight up, in a somewhat perfect column.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

How does water in a pool behave if a large explosion takes place in a confined space like the factory?
Did the blow empty the pool?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Also interesting is that boron plus salt plus cement and sand is the formula for:

Borosilicate Glass

And that tells me some REALLY smart, forward looking nuclear scientists KNEW meltdown was happening and took the exact steps necessary to form nice civilized blobs of Corium and Poolium lava (volcanic glass) as the end product of a losing-hand game.

So they knew by the 16th that meltdown was in progress.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Comparing this photo to other reactor photos I have seen, this possible radioactive molten blob is as large as one of those fire trucks!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All these pictures and videos floating around of the exterior of the reactors, some qiute close to the buildings, but I haven't yet seen ONE image from inside anywhere[OK there was a control room*], not even the 'safe' 5 & 6 buildings...?

You'd think TEPCO and the government would be desperate to provide such reassurances to the world media, markets, domestic population?
edit on 30-3-2011 by curioustype because: Correction added*

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de PayensGuess I'm confused now. Are you saying that water in the condenser is radioactively contaminated? I thought the condenser was on the secondary side of the system.....meaning it's not part of the contaminated primary loop.
They don't HAVE a secondary system... the radioactive water goes direct from the reactor to the turbines... The image below shows the setup

You can see that any water that drains into the basement fills the trench outside. The other pipes are the cooling system direct to the ocean
edit on 30-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Apologies if its been posted before, but:
Japan: Greenpeace Finds High Levels of Radiation Outside of Exclusion Zone

Radiology experts from Greenpeace urged the government Wednesday to expand the evacuation zone around the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant after they found high levels of radiation outside the 20-km mandatory no-go zone.

Jan van de Putte, the radioactivity safety adviser of the NGO, said the survey, taken on a road between the villages of Iitate and Tsushima in Fukushima Prefecture, saw a radiation level of 100 microsieverts per hour, despite being outside of the evacuation area.

One would reach the annual legal limit of 1,000 microsieverts — or 1 millisievert — of radiation in about 10 hours in such an environment, van de Putte said, adding that it is likely the people living in Iitate, about 9 km outside the no-go zone, “have surpassed that level” of exposure already.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
All these pictures and videos floating around of the exterior of the reactors, some qiute close to the buildings, but I haven't yet seen ONE image from inside anywhere[OK there was a control room*], not even the 'safe' 5 & 6 buildings...?

As I said many times, I don't think ANYONE is minding the store beyond those early images of spraying and the control room. All subsequent pictures the equipment is there but it looks deserted

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I finally found ONE newspaper that seems to carry the true story about what is happening now, even though I am fairly sceptical of the guy who wrote the article's solution, and that is a nuclear bomb in every reactor is required, but it seems to be the most reliable newspaper article I've read :

hawaiinewsdaily.com...

He sounds like he has been reading this thread...

edit on 30-3-2011 by setione because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was wondering on the subject of the #3 explosion. I just found this video and it appears to have sound. I know one of the quotes says it seems to be added after the fact,but I would like another opinion. If it was not added, there would appear to be 3 distinct reports. Or are these echos?
www.youtube.com...
If its modified I appolgize in advance.
Great info here!
Thanks

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that should anyone wish to reuse any of the photos I have posted, please feel free to do so.

I think it's important to get as factual an account as possible of what is going on inside the Fuku complex. If nothing else at least it helps us point out blatant TEPCO lies and BS.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Hence, the frantic attempts to get Boron (a moderator, or neutron poison) into what remained of the pools.

AH!! yeah now it makes sense... get as much boron in as they can then run for the hills. That explains the lack of visual evidence of continued pumping
Missed that

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

From flash to sound is 3 secs.

That indicates a distance of around 1km (3300 ft +/-)

new topics

top topics

<< 434  435  436    438  439  440 >>

join