It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 418.htm
<< 415  416  417    419  420  421 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by OneisOne

Link to a post by EnhancedInterrogator in this thread with a summary of two partial and one full "suspected" meltdowns.

The level was updated a day or so ago on RSOE to a 7.

Malfunctioning at the cooling system (Susp. Level of INES 7- Chernobyl like - accident)

Not good.

edit on 29-3-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

Thank You for that!!!!

It was just on the "breaking news" banner, I think it included the word 'official', which to me would indicate someone from TEPCO or the Japanese government making a statement. I hate those "breaking news" banners!!! Most of the time they are just overblown with no information to back them up.

I did find this on the CNN website:

Japanese officials and international experts have said they believe there has been a partial meltdown at three of the six reactors at Fukushima.
Source

My thing is who is the "Japanese officials"?? Not that I trust TEPCO or the government, but if they are the ones releasing that info then it has gotten really REALLY bad!

That's why I'm trying to figure out, the 'offical' source for the 3 reactors are in melt-down.

As for the rating, it is still just officially a 5 because they are rating each reactor separately. Many have called for the rating to be upped to a 7 because of the number of reactors involved. I just think this is wrong! They need to officially rate it a 7 and they need to quit trying to cover for TEPCO.

sorry..... I ranted again.....

And again thank you DancedWithWolves for the links!!! I really do appreciate your response!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Won't let me copy it but on the ticker on NHK they are saying........

France are sending in 3 more nuclear experts to help clear radioactive water

NHK

Haven't seen anything on UK news about Japan. Infact I spoke to someone today who thought it was all over, very sad..................they are now otherwise informed. So are about 10 other people!

Have also seen a few sites with comment options with people thinking it has all been sorted out!

edit on 29/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BKGump
To all ATS members. Don’t tell me why this can’t be done. Add your input until we have workable ideas and then email them to those who can make them a reality. We need someone to put up a workgroup website and invite all concerned scientist, engineers, etc. What about the Union of Concerned Scientists? I challenge them to set it up and DO something. We no longer need concerned scientists we need working scientists.

I think it can be done...www.groupe-intra.com...
most of them have "Integration of harsh environment- resistant electronics and computer (integrated dose up to 10 4 Gy)," even one says "Max integrated dose : 10 000 Gy"
and I had no idea whta Gy was but I wiki'd is (sorry I know I could have found a better source but anyways) wiki says "By definition, 1 Gy = 100 rad and 1 Sv = 100 rem."

so 10000Gy x 100rad so it could withstand 1,000,000rad? Wouldn't that be able to stand up somewhat to what's going on now? I know I haven't read the readings in a bit but these would be helpful. Even though France was goign to load them onto a plane and send them to Japan but Japan told them they didn't need them
well it was more like this "Japan declared "they don't need INTRA robots in the current situation"" but that was back on 3/23...maybe they've requested them?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On the bright side, all of this is an excellent excuse to just drink orange juice, coca cola and beer exclusively for the next couple of months.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BKGump
To all ATS members. Don’t tell me why this can’t be done. Add your input until we have workable ideas and then email them to those who can make them a reality.

Send in 500,000 Japanese people to remove the stuff by hand... it worked in Russia... they were called "Liquidators"

Robots succumbed to the radiation... but the Liquidators had only one plant and did not have to swim through 1.5 meters of radioactive water first.. and they didn't have to dig the fuel out of the wreckage, it was exploded onto the roof

So maybe double it to 1 million "Liquidators" surely that should be easy to find in Japan...

OH BTW the Russians used Red Army soldiers... they were NOT given a choice
edit on 29-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
This thread is devolving into navel gazing.

Mostly because we have not been getting any new data to report at this point.... and I see there are really only a handful of people here who are even concerned

Now we are getting threads like this..

OMG! Radioactive Contamination Levels Drop in Japan!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

France says it will send 3 more nuclear experts to Japan to help with efforts to remove highly radioactive water from the troubled Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Two other French experts are already in Japan and holding talks with the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company. The 5 are from French-based AREVA, one of the world's biggest nuclear energy firms.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy will visit Japan as chair of the Group of 20 nations on Thursday. He will meet Prime Minister Naoto Kan to talk about the possibility of extending further technical assistance to resolve the nuclear crisis.

NHK

They must think they have all the time in the world!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mrbillshow
This thread is devolving into navel gazing.

Mostly because we have not been getting any new data to report at this point.... and I see there are really only a handful of people here who are even concerned

Now we are getting threads like this..

OMG! Radioactive Contamination Levels Drop in Japan!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have noticed the lack of data as well? I thought I just didn't know where to look. The TEPCO news releases have been absent concerning new samples from the 'puddle' in turbine building for reactor 2. This may be because it is to hot for anyone to get in there. I understand the `puddle' was a meter or more deep anyway (rumor).

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Yeah, everybody except Japan is calling this at least at Level-6 event, if not a Level-7.
Unfortunately, it's really up to the local regulating authority in each participating host county to declare the incident level. That's very handy.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Kinda like the FED printing money. What do you think will get us first:

1. The trillions of dollars the Fed is printing, or
2. The trillions of rads being created in Japan, or
3. The pending food shortage: or
4. Whatever else you can think of ( Niburu, West Coast EQ, Superbugs-bird flu)

The question isn"t, what do you think will get us first, or who is lying to us the best.

The question is; What have you done to prepare ?

" If ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

That statement holds true weather you are religious or not. ATS is one of the best sources of information on anywhere. Some of us have used this information to prepare for what we have seen coming for a long time.
Others want to be the smartest or fastest or firstest.

You still have time. There is still hope. How many more pages of this thread will be written before you finally get it. You have learned something now do something.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I believe the Japanese news cycle has ended and them folk are trying to get some sleep.
Are not they like 8 hours ahead of West coast time ?
So take a break, get something to eat and drink.....
Pet the cat or something

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kittendaydreamer "Japan declared "they don't need INTRA robots in the current situation"" but that was back on 3/23...maybe they've requested them?

That has been the biggest issue. TEPCO refused all help when it could have made a difference. Now to even get at the MOX fuel rods you need to get the crane out of the tank after you remove the caved in(exploded) roof

Sure would love to get one or two of those robots in there with camera and detection devices so we can see what is going on at least. You cannot make a plan without seeing what you are up against. NHK just now announced that little progress has been made to remove the water that is stopping all work from progressing at the present time

They keep repeating that they need to remove the water, they CANNOT do any restoration work at all... and so far they are merely studying what to do with that water

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

THE US government is sending a squad of robots to Japan to help regain control of the tsunami-damaged nuclear plant. A top Energy Department official says a shipment of "radiation hardened robotics" will be sent to Japan to assist in the crisis.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Better late than never?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well the U.S. of A. has clearly arrived on the scene. I will remember this man's name. And his words. Praying he is right. Sadly, though, believing we are seeing the cover-up plan now.

Plutonium detected near nuke plant 'not significant': U.S. official

''Certainly it would be a concern if it were in significant levels...It was not significant at this point,'' Peter Lyons, acting assistant secretary of the department's Office of Nuclear Energy, said in a hearing of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the stricken reactors, said Monday that plutonium has been detected in soil at five locations at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. In the Senate panel, Lyons said, ''Current information suggests that the plants are in a slow recovery from the accident.''

Kyodo

So a slow recovery is what this is? O...M...G.

Here's how you could make us all feel a lot better Mr. Peter Lyons. YOU walk up in the little paper suit and take the reading yourself at Fukushima Daiichi. Now...THAT would be something we might believe. We will stand by for your report and wish you well.

edit to add:

From 2003 to 2005, Dr. Lyons served as Science Advisor on the staff of U.S. Senator Pete Domenici and the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, where he focused on military and civilian uses of nuclear technology, national science policy, and nuclear non-proliferation. As readers of this blog know, Sen. Domenici was a strong advocate in the Senate for the resurgence of nuclear energy in the U.S. Senate. The Committee is now chaired by New Mexico Democrat Sen. Jeff Bingaman.

Source

edit on 29-3-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: had to understand this man's AGENDA

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator

Yeah, everybody except Japan is calling this at least at Level-6 event, if not a Level-7.
Unfortunately, it's really up to the local regulating authority in each participating host county to declare the incident level. That's very handy.

More specifically, from the IAEA Web-Site ...

INES User's Manual, 2008 Edition (5588 kb)

From page #10 (21st page of the PDF file) ...

Events are posted in the system by the INES national officers, who are officially designated by the Member States.

Note:Emphasis in quote added by poster (i.e. me)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
I believe the Japanese news cycle has ended and them folk are trying to get some sleep.
Are not they like 8 hours ahead of West coast time ?
So take a break, get something to eat and drink.....
Pet the cat or something

Most new reports come out around 4pm to 5pm Japanese time...

Right now it is 9 am in Japan so they are up

They just announced there has been progress the lights have been turned on again and up till now they have been working in the dark... This may just be light, but psychologically TEPCO thinks this will give the workers a boost

:shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
On the off chance that someone in Japanese authority is reading and responding to events in this thread:

A moment, please, for recognition of heroic sacrifice.

The Japanese government should immediately designate the workers at the Daiichi plant national heroes while they are still alive and aware enough to appreciate it.

They should be given free health care for life (as short as that might turn out to be).

Their dependents should be subsidized for life.

A day of respect for their sacrifices should be observed.

Any survivors should be paid a handsome retirement and not required to work for the rest of their lives if they so choose.

Are you listening?

Do the right thing for once, and do it while it still counts.
edit on 29-3-2011 by apacheman because: grammar

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Link to a post by EnhancedInterrogator in this thread with a summary of two partial and one full "suspected" meltdowns.

Please keep in mind the "Poster's Notes" (aka "Disclaimer's) at the bottom of my post. In particular, the description of the "My Summary" entry for each Unit.

The "My Summary" entry is my own personal opinion, based on my own layman's (unprofessional and uneducated) "analysis" of the situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK thanks, so at midnight my time it the end of the news cycle for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 415  416  417    419  420  421 >>

join