It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 411.htm
<< 408  409  410    412  413  414 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The Tokyo Electric Company confirmed that AREVA-manufactured fuel assemblies containing plutonium have at least partially melted down when they said that plutonium was found on five separate sites on the reactor grounds, and they had matched the plutonium signature of fuel produced at AREVA’s La Hague facility. The fuel assemblies were first loaded in the reactor at Fukushima last September and were in Reactor 3 when the 14 meter tsunami overwhelmed the nuclear plant

So... does that means that the hydrogen explosion in reactor 3 blew up parts of the reactor and made the plutonium fly outside the plant?

Because I doubt only the core on fire can bring the plutonium in ``five spots``...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkmeout
I just saw this on RT and thought WTF.. rt.com...
"The Japanese government has raised the state of alert level at the Fukushima-1 nuclear plant to the maximum"
I've been on maximum alert for over 2 weeks now - what have they been doing -having a holiday??

Actually, all the official written Japanese sources I've been looking at are still classifying it as a Level-5.

I'm not saying I agree with that classification. That's just what I'm still seeing in writing from them (JAIF, NISA, TEPCO, etc.)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hi all 10:32 am here in Washington State nothing on local news at all about radiation in the rain.
I confirm RT report of Japan now on highest level and begrudging beginning to evacuate elderly from the 35 km radius.
The birds are chirping here so we are OK LOL

link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit
I am now in Aten, .. I would love to get back in (or just start doing it again), but age and life have me busy these last 20 years.

Anyway just wanted to acknowledge that.

Well a little off topic is good to refresh the brain...but I will get back to you on this via u2u

link   
one thing that I fail to see in the schematics of the plant, is the storage area for the water that they have been spraying in for the last 2+ weeks. That must've been thousands of tonnes by now, so where is all that water, if not in the sea? Or have all the water evaporated?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

I dont know, I worked in the film industry for years and think I can spot an acting job when I see one, something in my gut tells me that this guy is for real, at least from his perspective. Now there were things like the air circulation inside his flat which means that it has not been an announced evacuation, but perhaps as he said in the video many of the big players are bailing now. I also think that the spots on his head and face make sense, I mean he was out in the toxic rains.

His alcohol consumption takes away some validity and once he sobered up may have had a totally different take on matters, so who knows? I do think Tokyo is going to have to be abandoned in the near future as sad as that can possibly be.

IMHO I think the guy is buzzed, broken hearted and traumatized. He is looking at worst case scenario from a buzzed state and we have all been there.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the IRSN in paris has just published today's update.

as for previous updates, I will just translate things that we did not fully know before:

www.irsn.fr...

-the control room for n1, n2 and n3 have all been connected to electricity

-important volumes of water were found in the turbine buildings . In particular at n2 and n3 (around one meter high)

-at n1 the water is being drained and will be stored in a reservoir

-for n.2 and n3 , the plan is to drain the highly contaminated water, store it in a reservoir and then put it in the suppression pool. However this had to be stopped as there was not enough room in the "reservoir"

-water was also found in water wells outside reactors n.1 , n2 and n3

-Tepco has also put in place some blocks of concrete and sand to prevent water flowing to the sea. The trenches are more than 15 meters deep, however the water in the trench outside n.1 is at 10 centimeters from the top. The same for n.2 and n.3

-for reactor n.1 they are still trying to find a balance between rising temperature and rising pressure following water injections

edit on 29-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Mabye from both the core, and the rod pools adjacent to all six reactors.

"Thirty-two of the 548 fuel elements in reactor No. 3 use the mixed plutonium and uranium oxide fuel, according to Tepco."

Either way, its from the MOX fuel, as the signatures match.

That jellyfish like explosion...we all knew.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
... and we complain the press covers up. Here is completely the opposite, accusing the press of scaremongering. Read the article and weep.

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
one thing that I fail to see in the schematics of the plant, is the storage area for the water that they have been spraying in for the last 2+ weeks. That must've been thousands of tonnes by now, so where is all that water, if not in the sea? Or have all the water evaporated?

I would say evaporation and into the sea... We have seen high levels in the ocean as far as 30knm out. Where the heck do they think that radiation is coming from?

And they showed this a few days ago

They have already stated that the storage tanks are full, that the condensor room tanks are full, they have no place to store anymore water. Its going into the ocean. Even the fisherman interviewed had said there is no point rebuilding the fishing town due to radiation in the fishing areas

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Well that makes sense if he was pretty intoxicated at the time he made it, Could be embarrassing the morning after. Still stand by my post above.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Back to "Operation Yashima"

TEPCO is talking there may be a major blackout hence the name "Operation Yashima". The animation that it came from was an effort to conserve electricity to power a weapon to 'save the day' in the story. They are now using it to save power to attempt to avert a major blackout.

Social network (ie Twitter, etc) is being more useful now to spread info than the government and a group of volunteers are giving info on where to get help food etc...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if TEPCO been reading ATS, and responding to it now?

[Kyodo News] TEPCO to improve tough working conditions at Fukushima nuclear plant

I won't qoute the whole thing here (go read it), but here's a piece ..

Kaieda, who serves as a deputy head of the nuclear disaster task force jointly set up by the government and plant operator Tokyo Electric, said around 500 to 600 people were at one point lodging in a building on the plant's premises and that was ''not a situation in which minimum sleep and food could be ensured.''

His remarks came after an official of the government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency reported on the actual working environment at the radiation-leaking plant, saying that workers were only eating two meals per day, such as crackers and dried rice, and sleeping in conference rooms and hallways in the building.

The official stayed at the nuclear power plant crippled by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami for five days through Saturday to check on progress in the ongoing operations.

Kaieda said that he had also heard that not all of the workers had been equipped with lead sheeting to shield themselves from the possibly radiation-contaminated floors while sleeping, and some were leaning against walls as they were unable to lie down on floors.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is this going to destroy the entire ocean? If not the entire, worst case scenario how much of it guys? I need to know.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well that makes sense if he was pretty intoxicated at the time he made it, Could be embarrassing the morning after. Still stand by my post above.

Actually, going back and reading that article now, they are talking about generic terms like "Alert Level". It doesn't specifically mention INES "Event" or "Incident" Level - which is what I am talking about. So, maybe I got confused on that.

On the other hand, what they mean by "raised the state of alert level at the Fukushima-1 nuclear plant to the maximum" is certainly in question.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm not sure anyone here is qualified, and has enough information available on the current situation to give an accurate response.

I would suggest using the BP oil spill for reference. It was another mega-disaster that polluted the oceans. Many on these boards were talking about how the oceans would die out because of the disaster. Well, that didn't happen, at least not yet!

Generally speaking, the truth seems to lie more in the middle of the extremes that are often presented. In this case: EOTWAWKI, and nothing to see, all is well. My amateur assumption is that this will be one, of many factors that will lead to an unnatural, and accelerated rate of breakdown of ocean ecosystems.

We already had but a few years to a few decades before systemic breakdowns of marine life started to greatly affect life on land, but now with this... the time-frame is potentially less. To what extent?? I haven't a clue.
edit on 29-3-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Just in case anyone missed it....

LOTS of debris flying all over the place, it dropped the crane into the spent fuel tank and a professor said they would have to be damaged

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Is this going to destroy the entire ocean? If not the entire, worst case scenario how much of it guys? I need to know.

No it won't. Don't forget the HUNDREDS of tests the military of many countries did in the Pacific, don't forget the Russians dumped radioactive stuff into the sea.... and don't forget that we dropped two nukes on Japan and they recovered from that too...

But its not a good thing...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by burntheships

Just in case anyone missed it....

LOTS of debris flying all over the place, it dropped the crane into the spent fuel tank and a professor said they would have to be damaged

Could it be the lid of the reactor on the left, just a little above the left tower? It looks like something large falling down.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What a load of CRAP from these 'experts' The guy on NHK saying that they believe the core is melting says that the fact they found plutonium in the area proves that... but no comment on HOW that plutonium got from the core to that soil in the area.

I just find it hard to believe that no one is questioning this

new topics

top topics

<< 408  409  410    412  413  414 >>

join