Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by steve_montana

Bill Nye is a very talented mechanical engineer with a great understanding of the mechanics of aviation. He is by no means a nuclear expert.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
Bill Nye is a very talented mechanical engineer with a great understanding of the mechanics of aviation. He is by no means a nuclear expert.

That's exactly why CNN should not have put him on the air, instead of someone who is a nuclear expert.

Just jumped back on, trying to catch-up on the thread, I'll be doing another round of Tepco press release quotes - which based what I've seen so far (here on the thread) should now include yet another site.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
UN nuclear agency told radioactivity levels at Onagawa nuclear plant have returned to normal - BBC bbc.in...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
they just said if all of these cores meltdown that it will be bad for the
westcoast of the united states

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I do not care if this gets deleted, I feel it is relevant. I started an event on Facebook and invited everybody I could but I just would like to have a moment of silence for our brothers and sisters in Japan. The event is scheduled for 12pm pst and 3pm est. (March, 14th 2011) No need to jump on Facebook or anything. I would just love to see the people of the world bow our heads and send our thoughts/prayers/love to our brothers and sisters. Please join me.
edit on 13-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: date

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
did this thread die ? i hope not this is still ongoing and a major threat to the world!! especially for japan and the westcoast of the u.s.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I don't think this thread is dead. I just think we have basically had two days of the same info filtering through and people are just waiting now...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well it was looking better Radiation level again exceed legal limit at Fukushima No. 1 plant - Kyodo News http://(link tracking not allowed)/h0yUYE

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

That's a pretty big 'if', IMHO. It is actually looking like they have contained the worst of it. If I am right, we should hear reports soon that they are planning to encase some of these reactors in solid concrete.

That's after the internal temp/pressure is stabilized, of course. The concrete cocoon will contain any residual long-term radiation. I just didn't want anyone to panic if/when that is announced. It's SOP for a damaged, dead reactor after an event.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
you know someone posted something about these nwo trading cards that seem to predict the future the one about the nuecluar busisness
sure seems to fit , since this has happend they are talking about stoping ones in america , which would go along with obama's green
plan for america not saying , just saying.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

did you see my earlier post radiation levels are above limit again

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here's the latest available "official" / PTB information from Tepco's English press-release page (which seems really unstable lately - probably due to web site is getting too many hits) ...

I could find no "official" statments regarding the rumor of nuclear issues at the Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant. However, Onagawa is the plant that had a fire on the first day of the diaster, which was put out that day. At that time, people were confusing the fire with events at the Fukushima plants. I did find a link from Onagawa's Wikipedia Page implying that Tepco claimied that hightened radiation readings outside the Onagawa plant were actually caused by radiation coming from the Fukushima accident's. I'm still trying to pin-down something authoritative on that (a Tepco statement or a government statement, a qoute of either by a good news source, etc.). If I find one, I'll come back here and append an update.

Here's the last available update regarding the Fukushima Daiichi (aka Fukushima I) plant:

Plant Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (as of 9pm March 13th, local/Tokyo time)

Regarding Reactor #1: (which had the previous "explosion")

We have been injecting sea water and boric acid which absorbs neutron into the reactor pressure vessel.
- basically no change in status for #1.

Regarding Reactor #2: (previously identified as having cooling issues)

We have been injecting sea water and boric acid which absorbs neutron into the reactor pressure vessel.
- basically no change in status for #2.

Regarding Reactor #3: (previously identified as having cooling issues)

safety relief valve has been opened manually, lowering the pressure level of the reactor, which was immediately followed by injection of boric acid water which absorbs neutron, into the reactor pressure vessel.
- basically no change in status for #3.

Here's the last available update regarding the Fukushima Daini (aka Fukushima II) plant:

Plant Status of Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station (as of 8pm March 13th, local/Tokyo time)

Regarding Reactor #1: (previously identified as having pressure issues)

Restoration work in reactor cooling function is in progress to achieve reactor cold shutdown.
- basically no change in status for #1.

Regarding Reactor #2: (previously identified as having pressure issues)

Restoration work in reactor cooling function is in progress to achieve reactor cold shutdown.
- basically no change in status for #2.

So basically, over-all doesn't look like any major change in status since my last posts before logging-off last night. Still "20% F___ed" with the potential to grow to "60% F___ed" if they can't get these "coolant" and "pressure" issues resolved.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
I don't think this thread is dead. I just think we have basically had two days of the same info filtering through and people are just waiting now...

Absolutely correct. Pretty-much no big changes in the last 12-13 hours. I just posted another summary. I'm also looking for something to confirm/deny the rumors of nuclear issues at the Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant. That's a more modern plant, with 3 reactors of it's own.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

i find it hard to believe we are in the same status , i mean how long untill something changes ? seems lioke we should have known
either this is bad and not containable or its contained and no problem
they say we will know within 12 to 24 hours from now on the radio so
we shall see i think they know more than they telling us

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

so now we have 9 reactors in the mix

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Latest Update from NISA - Japan

As of 16:30 March 13, 2011)
Nuclear and Industrial

[Preparedness (Fukushima Dai-ichi, Units 1, 2 and 3)
For Unit 1: Sea water is being injected to containment via fire extinguishing
system line (11:55 March 13)

For Unit 2: Electric Power Source secured, Water Injection Function has
been maintained. (14:00 March 13)

For Unit 3: Fresh water is being injected to containment via fire
extinguishing system line (11:55 March 13)

For Unit 3:Sea water is being injected to containment via fire extinguishing
system line (13:12 March 13)

Readings at monitoring post

The measurement of radioactive materials in the environmental monitoring
area near the site boundary by a monitoring car confirmed the increase in
the radioactivity compared to the radioactivity at 04:00, March 12 now.
MP1 (Monitoring at North End of site boundary) :

5.2microSv/h( 05:50 March 13)
-> 17microSv/h(11:40 March 13)

(*Measurement Point changed from MP8 to MP1 at 07:40 March 13 )
MP4 (Monitoring Car at North West Site Boundary for Unit 1)
40microSv/h(03:08 March 13)
->47.1microSv/h(12:20 March 13)
MP6 (Monitoring at the Main Gate)
3.2microSv/h(05:50 March 13)
->26microSv/h(09:30 March 13)

www.nisa.meti.go.jp...

Read all the reports here:
www.nisa.meti.go.jp...
edit on 13-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
they just said if all of these cores meltdown that it will be bad for the west-coast of the united states

My guess is that won't be the case. Just because the core "melt's-down", doesn't necessarily mean it melts/burns it's way out the containment efforts (although theoretically possible). In 2 of 6 problem reactors so far, they seem to be resorting to point-of-no-return measures to shut them down at all costs - effectively junking them. Assuming those efforts are successful, no likely impact outside the immediate plant.

I suspect we're looking at an end-result similar to the TMI accident - basically leaving Japan with several (2 to 6?) "junked" reactors.

Of course, maybe I'm an "optimist" (but I doubt it).

link   
Just saw this update...

2227: Radiation levels at Fukushima 1 nuclear plant have again topped legal limits, Kyodo News network says.

Source
www.bbc.co.uk...

Ektar

Thank you Redneck & I found a table for the exposure breakdown...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks for staying on this everyone----easier to come back from the store and catch up here than MSM! Thanks for your reply Redneck----I didn't even think about the heat issues and the cameras. Dang, that makes it even scarier that we're totally in the dark in some ways. Sensors can say one thing, but seeing with the eyes can add so much more. Eek.

Loving the updates, Enhanced, and I'm enjoying your posts and updates a lot more lately, Gullible! Glad to have you guys on board. I'm in for the night shift now, will try to add my piece and stay on top.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

never hurts to be an optimist !! with this crap going down we need one !! i just wish something would happen either way so we could stop
hanging in worry limbo

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join