It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 406.htm
<< 403  404  405    407  408  409 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I dont mean to get off topic but I have done much research into what you ask and a major cause to the rise in cancers can be traces to the amount of non organics in our daily food. partially hydrogenated corn syrup and the like. all are almost force fed to the masses on a daily basis. unless you have a garden or a little extra money to buy organic, chances are you are poisoning yourself with these supposed harmless doses of oil and synthetic crap.... anything wrapped in plastic and even in most cans. you cant escape oil and synthetics.

thanks again for the lessons being given in this thread I have learned a wealth of good info! keep it up its good to see people coming together.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by TheRedneck

I have a nice collection of sharp pointy things

One in particular that would be appropriate is a WWII Japanese officers sword

Hmmm.... this isn't going to turn into another thread about who's got what guns, knives and the like at home - and what their "names" are, is it? I seem to recall another infamous thread, with a guy who named is favorite blade "The Good News".

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomjones69
reply to post by Wertwog

Thanks Wert. It seems noone is taking this serious enough. Is it wrong to be prepared in the event of a worst case scenario. I just heard that radiation has shown up in our rain water. We use rain water as drinking water here. Lets stay in touch as this progresses.

This is weird that you say this because I know I'm not supposed to taste anything radioactive or whatnot, but our water here is usually awesome! It tastes way better than bottled water, apparently it's some of the best in Canada, but the last few days has tasted like... metal...kinda dusty and acidic. Makes my teeth feel kindof.. numb.. weird feeling. I've been thinking that I've been imagining things.. have you noticed anything? I don't even want to drink it, it tastes off. I've never had a bad experience with the water here. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.. ATS is making me go kooky.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

We can test for tritium and deuterium though can we not? I know we tested our sea water to find out if it matched asteroids to see if they are responsible for our planets water. And of course they were not the same percentage.

I also heard that if we could harness the natural tritium and deuterium in our seawater (which is one in 6500) we could have enough power for the full planets needs while having no by products but water. Sounds like the direction we should be heading.

good explanation though buddy, I see you know your stuff!!

Pred...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Exactly. Radioactive water would be the worst type of radiation that could be encountered... it can't be removed from the water by any normal means, and water is needed for all life on the planet.

And with that, I'm out for the night (school tomorrow so may not be on until late).

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Well, good thing we've established (finally) that the fallout particles can be distilled out, eh? LOL. And we don't even have to know exactly what's in it, so long as it's not ninja-neutron-water!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Zorgon I watched those documentaries you recommended and thank you, they were awesome.

I also watched another by horizon called "nuclear nightmares" that goes through radiation itself. They talk in it about anything under 100 mSv/h as potentially being beneficial. What are your thoughts on it?

I have to study it more in depth to form my own opinion, but I thought I would ask those more informed about their opinions.

Thanks again.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Wertwog

Well, good thing we've established (finally) that the fallout particles can be distilled out, eh? LOL. And we don't even have to know exactly what's in it, so long as it's not ninja-neutron-water!

Cool! Why don't they do that with the water they are dumping back into the ocean I wonder? Or is it too hard to distill that much water? How do you distill your own water?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

See, I think that is the problem, once this water flows past the fuel rods (or corium at this stage?) then it becomes radioactive water...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by Wertwog

See, I think that is the problem, once this water flows past the fuel rods (or corium at this stage?) then it becomes radioactive water...

They should stop doing that then. It's pointless anyway right, once it turns to corium you're just creating radioactive steam anyhow? You're not going to cool the corium down with water at that point.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Oh man, that would have to be the biggest.still.evar. I sincerely hope they figure out a large-capacity solution for all that water, but we both know it's probably just getting dumped back in as we speak.

But at least there's a worst-case solution for us all on small-scales should nuclear apocalypse [minus a flash-steam explosion from a reactor] happen, you know? I always wondered about that.

ETA; oh, about personal distillation: you can do it really simply any way you can boil water and catch the steam for it to condense, even using the sun as the evaporation method, but they make stills that use beakers and glass tubing and whatnot so you can do it quicker, like a gallon every few hours for smaller ones.
edit on 29-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
See...we're not the only ones who think things are going to be strange for a long long time...

www.geigercounters.com...

Update 3/17/11, 5.03 A.M. We are no longer accepting orders for Geiger Counters of any sort. If you have already placed an order, it will eventually get filled, in weeks or months, depending on when you placed the order. If not yet filled, your credit card has not been charged, and will not be charged until your order is ready to ship, and you may cancel your order at anytime up until then, but we do not have time to confirm any order cancellation. We are not answering emails, and if you must contact us, make sure it is urgent, and call us by phone, but please be advised that the time we spend on the phone takes away from order fulfillment. Thanks.

Order Update: Dateline 3/15/11 Due to the disaster in Japan, orders for Geiger Counters have out-stripped supply. Initial orders were filled immediately from stock on the shelves at our location and the warehouses of our suppliers. But at this point, there are simply not enough detectors available to meet the overwhelming demand. At least one of our suppliers has adopted a "triage" method of doling out the limited supply of detectors remaining until more can come off the factory line. Please be patient during this period. We are sorry for the delay. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

But at least there's a worst-case solution for us all on small-scales should nuclear apocalypse [minus a flash-steam explosion from a reactor] happen, you know? I always wondered about that.

How would you go about distilling your water?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

So many ways! It's one of the most important survival skills to know, as it turns death into life. You could even distill the water out of your own urine and drink it with no issues (although who wants to do that, LOL?)

ETA: and solar stills are really cool!
edit on 29-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by Wertwog

Not necessarily, just because you create tritium doesn't mean you get tritium di-oxide. The hydrogen can (and will) bond with almost anything. All of organic chemistry is open to it.

Distilling water will still remove the Iodine, Cesium, cobalt, chlorine, etc.
--
That should be di-trititum oxide .. T20
edit on 29-3-2011 by SDoradus because: Chemisty is a problem late at night

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

reply to post by okiecowboy

So many ways! It's one of the most important survival skills to know, as it turns death into life. You could even distill the water out of your own urine and drink it with no issues (although who wants to do that, LOL?)

Maybe you can start a thread for distilling radioactive particles out of water? Wouldn't the containers etc become contaminated? How would you deal with that? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Wertwog

Oh man, that would have to be the biggest.still.ever. I sincerely hope they figure out a large-capacity solution for all that water, but we both know it's probably just getting dumped back in as we speak.

You are right, it would have to be huge. Obviously what they need to do is rig up a giant nuclear powered distiller, maybe more, six or even eight of them. That should be enough to fix everything.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Yes, the initial container you use to boil the water in would be radioactive so long as it had the solids/particulates in it, and you would have to find a way to dispose/contain those leftovers so they don't continue to pose a risk. I have no clue about that yet, I haven't gotten that far down the plan, LOL! Maybe we can get some help from someone else on that one.

But from what Redneck's saying, the container itself shouldn't be radioactive after you wash the offending particulates out of it, if it's glass I guess? I know metals can absorb some radiation, so that would be a bad medium for the initial boiling, but I'm not sure how much glass absorbs, if any at all? Anyone?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

LOL, exactly! Fight fire with fire, right?

Nope, I think Neptune's just gonna get some killer heartburn this week. And next. In fact, he might want to clear his calendar for a while.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

you wash the offending particulates out of it

with what would you wash it with? your fresh distilled water?

top topics

<< 403  404  405    407  408  409 >>

join