It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 403.htm
<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjones69
reply to post by Wertwog

I too am in Vancouver. Considering a raging full-scale meltdown in 3 reactors, when do we here in Vancouver need to start preparing to move? There is no end in sight and the powerplant is going to be abandoned. The dead bodies of plankton are washing ashore on our beaches already.

Well given I was so panicked last week I almost bolted and then Redneck talked me out of it using his scientific knowledge, so I'm going to bolt when he says RUN. That will probably be if we see a large (high) steam explosion that puts emissions into the upper troposphere (from what I understand from him). In a post a few pages back he ranks this probably as 8/10. I have a bag packed and lots of water stored. I figure we'll have a day or so ahead of the traffic out

edit on 28-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Trace radiation from Japanese plant detected in NC

Duke Energy believes that the damaged nuclear plant in Japan is responsible for trace amounts of radiation that have been detected in the Charlotte area. Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...

This level of radiation poses no health risk to the public, so people should carry on as they normally would," said Christine Pulley, a spokesperson for Duke Energy. Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...

Source

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This may help some people. If find this chart useful.
edit on 29-3-2011 by SDoradus because: Better image

edit on 29-3-2011 by SDoradus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
have you guys seen this video yet? I do not know if it is real or not, this man is at his wits end, but I believe him, he later in the video goes into the symptoms he is experiencing, and from the beginning claims japan, Tokyo is preparing to evacuate. What do you think?

freethoughtnation.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I should like to add the carbon fires at Chernobyl
had a huge impact on lifting radio nucleotides into the atmosphere, though the heat production from fukushima exceeds what fire could do ...
edit on 28-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Rats and sinking ships:

Amid rumors that Shimizu had fled the country, checked into a hospital or committed suicide, company officials said Monday that their boss had suffered an unspecified “small illness” because of overwork after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake sent a tsunami crashing onto his company’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

more

Still, company officials are vague about whether they have actually seen their boss: “I’ll have to check on that,” said spokesman Ryo Shimitsu. Another staffer, Hiro Hasegawa, said he’d seen the president regularly but couldn’t provide details.

sou rce of ARGH!

It may be torch and pitchfork time.

Silverlok, you got an extra pair of goon boots?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

yes oddly I do you size ten?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just got in haven't caught up yet but thought I would post this before I do. May already be here but hey... been busy

NHK report:

Tanks (pools) over flowing now
Underground trench is full of radioactive water (between the plant and the ocean) and that "might" be overflowing

They are now in a very difficult stage of the "restoration"

Plutonium found in soil now and NHK talked about MOX fuel but repeated "No immediate danger to health"(Edamo) but NHK talked about the danger

Trying to say the plutonium came from old nuke tests

Science guy now saying they need to tell people the truth...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So the plutonium is showing up in the news

edit on 28-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
some one clue me in please

after days and days of spraying and pumping TONS of water...we are worried about it getting in the the ocean now???

why??

isn't this kinda like shutting the barn door after the horse is already out?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger
Did you see them speak over him so we couldn't hear what other questions were being asked and then they cut off from it?? They have never done that before

Yeah, not real "meat" in that press conference (or potatoes for that matter), just garnishing like ...
"yeah, plutonium traces found ... we're looking into it."

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Still having internet issues cutting in and out and won't be able to fix it till tomorrow...

Waiting for that report to come back through the cycle to capture more frames...

So what's this? Boss of TEPCO vanished?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm betting he's relaxing on a beach in Brazil right now... other side of the planet, southern hemisphere, and all the luxuries you could ask for since he probably arrived with a freakin' bank in his briefcase...

Size 12 here.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

He is missing in action.

And about the Plutonium...

They can say whatever they want, its a match.

The plutonium signatures match; the plutonium found is from the fuel rods.

The Tokyo Electric Company confirmed that AREVA-manufactured fuel assemblies containing plutonium have at least partially melted down when they said that plutonium was found on five separate sites on the reactor grounds, and they had matched the plutonium signature of fuel produced at AREVA’s La Hague facility. The fuel assemblies were first loaded in the reactor at Fukushima last September and were in Reactor 3 when the 14 meter tsunami overwhelmed the nuclear plant dcbureau.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Prime Minister Naoto Kan has also voiced frustration at Tepco’s bunker mentality. Japanese newspapers reported that Kan visited Shimizu before dawn at the start of the crisis and later, upon learning that the company might withdraw its last workers from the smoldering nuclear plant, shouted, “What the hell is going on?”

the nice thing none of these bastards a hide anywhere on the planet, they ARE the system if they try to live outside it they will leak , fail and die, not like a HUGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR THAT OR ANYTHING

link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You sound worried, but I'm not sure even the knowledge you are trying to equip yourself with will be helpful - although I give you A for effort. Everyone on this thread is speculating based on their educational backgrounds and knowledge with very little real evidence of what's going on in Japan. That's the unfortunate part, whether it's cover up for nefarious reasons or pure incompetence, the lack of real info is distressing.

I don't think there is any immediate danger to anyone in the US - high levels of radiation can cause cancer, birth defects, etc, but at low doses - usually takes years to manifest, if at all. If you have young children or are pregnant, maybe you need to worry a little more, but I'm really not sure there is much you can do about it unless you want to walk around wearing lead clothing and a respirator. Our bodies are kind of amazing at repairing themselves - think of all the people/kids with cancer subjected to super high doses of radiation.

Again - there isn't a whole hell you can do about it - so try to be calm. In this case ignorance might not be worth denying..so maybe you should take a little break from ATS for a while and worry about some tangible problems like ...... food costs, gas costs, taxes, healthcare...........

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by 00nunya00

The singular thing that concerns me about a steam explosion is the water itself, not the isotopes it may carry. These isotopes can be dangerous, yes, but there is also a probability that they can be guarded against to at least some extent. Water itself cannot be guarded against.

Okay, this is one of the places I'm getting really confused----you're worried about water/steam itself, and not "radioactive water/steam"? I'm confused about why *just* steam would be bad if it's not the isotopes it would carry-----obviously there's something bad about the steam that I'm missing. I have a feeling it has to do with those neutrons being taken up by hydrogen like you were saying earlier, but I guess my question on that one got lost too, because now we're back to it: you're worried about steam coming over to the US (if it ever made it, for whatever reason) and you're saying it's not because of radioactive isotopes that it may carry. So what is it that the steam has in it that's bad? If it's the neutrons, we're back to my other question: are these just neutrons attached to absolutely nothing but the hydrogen in the water, or are they bound up with something else in the water? If so, is that something detectable?

link   

Originally posted by antar
have you guys seen this video yet? I do not know if it is real or not, this man is at his wits end, but I believe him, he later in the video goes into the symptoms he is experiencing, and from the beginning claims japan, Tokyo is preparing to evacuate. What do you think?

This channel is no longer available because the user closed their account.

PS: There are several re-uploads and "mirror's", but the original guys account is apparently (self-) closed.

edit on 2011-3-28 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added post-script.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

A little big, but I can make em work. Tear the shirts of a Tepco exec and stuff them to make up the difference. I don't mind some blisters doing this kind of work.

I wonder if there's a way to see if he posted any sell transactions recently?

Tokyo Electric Power Co., the operator of the stricken nuclear plant, was set to fall for a fifth day, as sell orders outnumbered buys. Kandenko Co., the engineering company affiliated with Tokyo Electric, dropped 7.1 percent. Potentially fatal levels of radiation were detected near the Fukushima Dai- Ichi power station crippled by the tsunami.
"The situation at the nuclear plant isn't getting better," said Yoshinori Nagano, a senior strategist in Tokyo at Daiwa Asset Management Co., which oversees about $104 billion. "We still don't know how much of a negative effect it'll have on the economy. The uncertainty is very negative for stocks."

source

Ripples are spreading even further

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

That's awesome, thanks----but do each one of those radionuclides or whatever in that PDF emit neutron radiation AND can also be present in water contaminated from a fallout? And can't be distilled out of it?

That's the list I'm after----not an Everything That May Come Out Of This Reactor list, but an Everything That Could Be In The Fallout From Fukushima AND Can't Be Distilled Out Of Contaminated Water list. It's obviously not the same thing, because I-131 and cesium are coming out of Fukushima fallout, and CAN be distilled out of water leaving no neutron radiation behind.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

admn Man don't intimidate the rest of us ...and should I buy you some goon boots?, just asking

top topics

<< 400  401  402    404  405  406 >>

join