It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 401.htm
<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Karkala - A rare phenomenon of yellow rainfall has occurred in and around Hebri here on Sunday, March 27 at about 6-15 in the evening.

It was concentrated in Ikkodlu, Bandimath and Jatkal villages near Hebri, said the residents, adding that it happened only within an extent of five kilometres, which included two kilometres of forest area. They also said it had a foul smell. Drops landing on vehicles and foliage have left yellow patches. It created not only curiosity but caution among the public, who wondered if it was not acid rain.

A farm belonging to Praveen Shetty of Sitanadi village provided clear evidence of the yellow rainfall. A car parked in front of his house and plants and trees around bear yellow patches.

Perhaps because it was an unexpected and brief happening, no one could make an attempt to collect any sample for analysis. Some experts say such colour in rain is caused by contamination by nitrates from sources like fertilizers. It could have been sourced from either atmosphere or some heavy industry. It is difficult to arrive at a firm conclusion without a proper laboratory analysis, they further say.

Karkala tahsildar Jagannath Rao has confirmed the incident. Hebri police and panchayat officials too have visited the spot and made a study.

www.sott.net... ellow-Rain-in-Hebri-Causes-Curiosity-and-Concern

Just ran across this. It's likely not connected, at least the spread maps I've looked at wouldn't indicate so, but they are only simulations, after all.

It might be significant, might not, but another data point and puzzle piece at least.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I have heard that guy's opinions blow with the wind...He is a great entertainer. there is more info on this page than he just expressed

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

well yeah but he got to say alot of what we have been hammering to thousands of ears

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I don't know , the only thing more rare than truth is co-incidence

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not sure if this one has been posted yet...
It is a few days old now but puts it in perspective

Austrian researchers have used a worldwide network of radiation detectors – designed to spot clandestine nuclear bomb tests – to show that iodine-131 is being released at daily levels 73 per cent of those seen after the 1986 disaster. The daily amount of caesium-137 released from Fukushima Daiichi is around 60 per cent of the amount released from Chernobyl.

source

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Could also be pollen, and I know everyone thinks that's bunk, but it better not be because my car (and everyone else's here in SC) is covered in yellow and is every spring!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Could also be pollen, and I know everyone thinks that's bunk, but it better not be because my car (and everyone else's here in SC) is covered in yellow and is every spring!

Happens here in the gulf coast as well.

But then it might be BP, they have a refinery here as does Sterling Chemical, Monsanto(who hD a hydrogen sulfide release last night), Valero, Amoco, and I think DuPont. So take your pick.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Nice... IF fallout is linear with cancer rates, then that means about 6% more cancer over the next ten years (at least) for places that can measure the cloud

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Nice... IF fallout is linear with cancer rates, then that means about 6% more cancer over the next ten years (at least) for places that can measure the cloud

Question. Does this mean a 6% increased risk of cancer per person, or 6% more cancer rates in a cohort overall?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

wow wasn't it india where BP they had that toxic release a hand full of years ago, that was another wonderful side-stepping from mass murder

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
uranyl chloride is yellow. I've never heard any colors associated with these compounds - except that one, which I thought was strange. Could there be any connection to the yellow rain?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjones69
Watch this.

He sounded so much more optimistic in his previous television appearances.

Coming from this man, who will always try to be optimistic, this is really alarming.

He is right, this is worse than the others, in fact nothing like this has happened, there is no equivalent.

I'm not sure a level 7 would be high enough.

He said there was one spent fuel pool exposed, that is correct at #4, about 135 tons of spent fuel, but he didn't even mention the 88 tons of MOX spent fuel exposed also in #3 which also has a blown off roof.

Minor discrepancy I suppose.

If it all gets out of control, what is a 100 tons here or there in the big picture?

edit on 28-3-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You're close.

The deuterium/tritium in radioactive water does not absorb a neutron from other nuclei as much as it absorbs free neutrons in the presence of nuclear fission. It is contaminated from that moment on, whether or not it contains other dissolved radioactive sources. The gamma radiation length depends on how energetic the neutron was to start with... it is somewhat analogous to asking how long a hot object will stay hot, as it depends on how hot it was to start with. Half-lives generally are for particle emissions; we're now talking about gamma ray emissions, which operate somewhat differently.

Tritium is also radioactive by itself, with a halftime of a little more than 12 years (beta decay into He-3). I don't think you want to let your water sit for that long.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

If we're lucky:

This young woman, Jennifer Rexford, BP-hired oil cleanup worker, is documenting her illness from the toxins in the gulf with her video camera. If you think it's just headaches or something like that, watch this. Severe neurological damage. Doctors and hospitals refuse to acknowledge this with anyone there who's sick. And there are apparently tens of thousands now.

Paul Doomm is mentioned twice in this video. He is a 22 year old who swam in and ate from the Gulf all summer, against his grandmother's advice. He has been hospitalized after seeing 94 doctors who don't know what to do for him. His blood had the highest amount of PAH's ever documented.

www.sott.net... f-Gulf-Oil-Spill-clean-up-crew-are-dying

I'm really beginning to worry about the synergistic effects of multiple mutagens accumulating in the environment.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

what does 'co-hort over-all" mean?

the concept is a general rate applied based on information (from almost thirty years of data) from Chernobyl and the places it effected; a linear assumption is placed based on simple statisticall analysis (more radiation in the environment means more chances for cancer) and does not take into account bio-accumulation but the rates for areas know to have been dusted from chernobyl were about an 11% rise in cancers as a per person sample...er does this answer the question?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

next ten years (at least) for places that can measure the cloud

regarding that ten year thing...they just released a study on the 17th of march

Nearly 25 years after the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine, exposure to radioactive iodine-131(I-131, a radioactive isotope) from fallout may be responsible for thyroid cancers that are still occurring among people who lived in the Chernobyl area and were children or adolescents at the time of the accident, researchers say.

The study included over 12,500 participants who were under 18 years of age at the time of the Chernobyl accident on April 26, 1986, and lived in one of three Ukrainian oblasts, or provinces, near the accident site:

In total, 65 of the study participants were diagnosed with thyroid cancer.

The researchers found no evidence, during the study time period, to indicate that the increased cancer risk to those who lived in the area at the time of the accident is decreasing over time.

source

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by TheRedneck

...? To go back to the water distillation issue: if the water has all of the foreign materials distilled out of it, are you saying the energetic neutrons that were in those contaminants will bind with (or do something to) the hydrogen in the H2O to where they cannot be separated? How long does the radiation from that last-----is there any reasonable amount of time one could set the water aside and expect most of the radiation to be gone (or done or whatever)?

Yes the half life of deuterium is infinite (its stable no radiation issue though it is toxic in quantity) and the half life of tritium is 12.4 years. Sooo don't drink or eat anything with H2O in it for 13 years :-) or more.

Obviously that's silly. I advise you not drink distilled water from a reactor. Everything else you don't actually control so there isn't any point in worrying about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

These effects are almost certainly from the the 'oil eating chemical' that bp employed. it is a newer , "super version" of an earlier oil dis integrator and IS EXTREMELY TOXIC TO HUMAN BEINGS, so technically it's a poison , it's only a mutagen if you live

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by Wertwog

what does 'co-hort over-all" mean?

the concept is a general rate applied based on information (from almost thirty years of data) from Chernobyl and the places it effected; a linear assumption is placed based on simple statisticall analysis (more radiation in the environment means more chances for cancer) and does not take into account bio-accumulation but the rates for areas know to have been dusted from chernobyl were about an 11% rise in cancers as a per person sample...er does this answer the question?

Yes, this answers it thank you. An 11% or even 6% rise per person is huge, and by cohort I should have specified "exposed sample group".

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Excellent find , but don't worry apparently American media is a little like Peter Pan: the power of positive thinking will shield us ( and having watched america for a while: screw someone else ), come to think of it this is a good example of HOW bio-accumulation will effect AMERICA
edit on 28-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 398  399  400    402  403  404 >>

join