It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 360.htm
<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Oops, sorry about that. Some of your previous posts gave me the impression you were currently in Tokyo. Guess I misread.

Yes, I am still in Japan. Not sure how much longer we will be safe here. Will leave only as a last resort.

edit on 26-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

well you can tell for sure the blow out panels are gone in the second pic
as for why....who knows at this point..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I tend to think they would all be related, and the main steam lines do run from reactor to turbine to ocean and back.

Main steam line runs from the reactor into the turbine building and back. In a BWR the water that runs through the core does go through the turbines in the reactor building, but in an accident or when the plant is shut down it should be cut off with an isolation valve. In the turbine building excess heat is transferred to sea-water which is then pumped far out to sea as to not cause thermal pollution.
edit on 26/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Oops, sorry about that. Some of your previous posts gave me the impression you were currently in Tokyo. Guess I misread.

Yes, I am still in Japan. Not sure how much longer we will be safe up here. Will leave only as a last resort.

Just my opinion based on what Redneck has said, you should leave. Leave now buddy. This isn't going to get better and is only going to get worse I'm afraid. Seems humans haven't been able to change the laws of physics yet and if you can get to somewhere safer go before you can't.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

I agree with the other posters about you getting out....

like was posted before...now you need a certificate to get into a shelter...how long before one is needed to travel out of the country???

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Yes, I am still in Japan. Not sure how much longer we will be safe up here. Will leave only as a last resort.

Just my opinion based on what Redneck has said, you should leave. Leave now buddy. This isn't going to get better and is only going to get worse I'm afraid. Seems humans haven't been able to change the laws of physics yet and if you can get to somewhere safer go before you can't.

Thanks. I am considering it. I do have a place to go in the States if need be. Don't really want to leave, but looks like I may eventually have no choice.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Oh, this makes sense...
    "Hey, boss! We've just irradiated the northern half of the country. What do we do?"

"How badly?"

"They might be getting 20 times the limit."

"Raise the limit to 20 times normal."

Am I the only one picking my jaw up off the floor after reading this?

TheRedneck

That was exactly the reaction I had to the news that they had highered the 'normal' level at the plant so that they could send the workers in last week ... surely they realize that's not how it works ?

I think it's fair to say that there's been a lot of 'jaw-dropping' since this all started ... they must know that people are not that stupid as to fall for such lame explanations ?

It has been said numerous times on this thread alone that the Japanese are a proud race (and that is admirable) ... but these guys are making themselves look beyond stupid at every turn ... and all pride has evaporated like so much radioactive steam.

Woody

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by MissTiger

Before you lock the chains in place, I suggest that you check to see if that is a BWR (Boiling Water Reactor) or PWR (Pressure Water Reactor) design. I still maintain that the PWR design is safe, while the BWR like in Fukushima is definitely dangerous. If it is BWR, I might be there with you (once I get some attention to the ones in Alabama and Georgia).

TheRedneck

Please start in Georgia...I'll provide the chains for all volunteers. I like it nice and green up here on top of my little mountain in N. Ga. Would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately, it's the GE Mark I BWRs up here.

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Thanks. I am considering it. I do have a place to go in the States if need be. Don't really want to leave, but looks like I may eventually have no choice.

I would leave before it is too difficult to leave. That choice is being made for you right now. ATM you can bet they are finalizing their evac plans for Tokyo and the rest of the world are activating their "refugee" plans as well. These will be deployed very soon, if not in the next few days. I wouldn't wait until you and 37 million other people know 'for sure'. That's just my 2c.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by MissTiger

That is exactly the potential problem I am thinking about. The main steam lines run from the reactor itself, through the heat exchanger (which looking at some of the drawings may be what is being called the "suppression chamber"), then directly to the turbines themselves (where the highly radioactive water was pooling), then to the cooling coils in the sea (where the high radiation levels are being reported now). And those are some seriously HUGE pipes, probably the largest in the plants.

TheRedneck

Suppression pool/wetwell/torus is designed to quench hot & high-pressure steam. It forms part of the primary containment, and in one of the reactors it is damaged. I suppose it is possible that the cracked torus is draining water (the same water that they pumped in) everywhere.

edit on 27/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Radioactive levels 10 million times above normal detected at reactor 2

High levels of radioactive materials, 10 million times the normal level, were detected in the water of the turbine building next to reactor No. 2. It is likely levels in the turbine building connected to reactor No. 1 has similar levels.

“It is highly likely the fuel rods have been damaged and high levels of radioactive materials leaked in the water,” said Naoto Sekimura, professor of atomic energy at Tokyo University. “I believe the leak is coming from the pipes and valves.”

link

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I don't think so as I don't think they will have got anywhere near that site, they are probably stored somewhere. We will know when people sent by the UN get there because they will be wearing them!

With regards to the other control room pictures with the clock in them I kept thinking they might have a training control room somewhere like Sizewell has but judging by the state of everything, I don't think they bother with that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

thats not looking good are there any accurate reading of current temps.?

why is it not possible to get at least an estimate of situation and temps from a satellite or High alt plane?
surely we can look into a diff spectrum this way?

one thing that saddens me is we go through all this risk to produce boiling water when not and hour from me there is Boiling water coming out of the ground.
I designed a concept in High school - power plant built onto a volcano and using its>???? HEAT??? boiling water,,, I dunno i could go into it but you get the idea.

surely there are better ways to boil water.

its like the big guys with the money just want to go out of their way to make things harder on the earth.??

its just sad.
edit on 3/27/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

With what I know now about the design of those reactors, and considering that they were using MOX fuel in a system designed with no safety margin... yes, I have changed my mind. Tokyo needs to evacuate NOW. Things are only going to get worse as the radiation makes its way through the various leaks to the atmosphere and groundwater.

It may get worse than that. But for the moment, Tokyo needs to be cleared ASAP.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Japan workers pulled out of reactor, as radiation soars

Workers trying to cool the reactor core to avoid a meltdown have been evacuated, Reuters news agency says.

link

Sounds like no one is currently at the plant. Levels of 10 million above normal is too high to get close to.

This is grave news indeed.
edit on 27-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Pity Bellefonte was never started up. TVA wants to start reactor #1 up in 2017.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I think TEPCO and the government are keeping quiet about this because they know they have lost control of the situation and there is nothing they can do about it. Where will 42+ million panicking people suddenly go? No where.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I can't really tell from the pic which building it is, but the top of one of them does seem to have disappeared (left side next to the central crane upright). Did something happen that we missed? It almost looks like the panels were removed but the structure left intact.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Bro, you should be packing your go bag as I write this. Just get your family and quietly leave without making a scene...but leave NOW. You don't realize how bad this is. You can be overcome by lethal doses in a matter of hours.

If there was any time in human history to be an alarmist, now is the freaking time!!!
edit on 27-3-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Radioactive levels 10 million times above normal detected at reactor 2

High levels of radioactive materials, 10 million times the normal level, were detected in the water of the turbine building next to reactor No. 2. It is likely levels in the turbine building connected to reactor No. 1 has similar levels.

“It is highly likely the fuel rods have been damaged and high levels of radioactive materials leaked in the water,” said Naoto Sekimura, professor of atomic energy at Tokyo University. “I believe the leak is coming from the pipes and valves.”

link

TY for the link...it's looking like a "depends" moment there....

new topics

top topics

<< 357  358  359    361  362  363 >>

join