It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 36.htm
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

NEWS ADVISORY: Edano tells ministries, embassies to provide quake info for foreigners (17:01)

Hopefully this will mean a faster stream of info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

good god...

Good God is right! That sliding before/after picture labeled "Fukushima nuclear plant" is pretty fricken scary!

It looks to me that everything on those concrete areas along the coast side was taken out!

And, that looked like important stuff! maybe the diesel generator's they were talking about?
Also, if it was able to wash-away that stuff, I don't see how it didn't get into the buildings?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
judge jeanine on fox news right now is asking very good questions
to someone about the meltdowns and this guy is finding it hard to
continue downplaying this lol he sounded like he was getting mad
she was bringing up good questions he didnt have answers for she
kept pressuring him finially they call out these downplayers and stress how bad this can get.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
lol. Just spotted this, nothing new but ...
The possibility of nuclear explosion at Unit 3 = Fukushima, no worries stressed containment - Chief Cabinet Secretary

I just thought it was wierd that Google-Translate used the term "No worries.".
I wonder if it had an Austrailian programmer or something?

]"No worries mate!"

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Japanese Scramble to Avert Meltdowns as Nuclear Crisis Deepens After Quake nyti.ms...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Actually, it can end up being TMI X6. Oh, BTW, did we forget to mention the sixth reactor with slight difficulties?
Yup it is six now. RSOE Nuc Reactor

Also stated on RSOE and then disappeared... (Unless it is still there and I missed it.) Japan has a long history of lying about incidents with their reactors. (Just ask their neighbors.)

edit on 13-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Thanks, that's actually a pretty-good "bring somebody up to the latest info" type of summary.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
They even asked Russia for help. Russia has a lot of experience in the meltdown..
It does not look good.

Worst case scenario may be on the way

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Actually, it can end up being TMI X6. Oh, BTW, did we forget to mention the sixth reactor with slight difficulties?
Yup it is six now. RSOE Nuc Reactor

I totally missed that one. Must have been when I stepped-out to get something to eat for dinner (ironically, at a Japanese Sushi place).

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Wow this is just getting worse! How is the first one that had the hydrogen explosion.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Hawk777th because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by Hawk777th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
im hearing its getting better...Less radiation, Lower then you get from a normal x-ray, and contained plants. Source is here - www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
People urged to go to higher ground in Sendai. #Tsunami advisories from local officials prompted by aftershocks. on.cnn.com...

cant be good for the reactors!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Here's that latest available English press-release from Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) ..
.. it's their periodic "summary" one covering impact's to all their effected facilities ...

Impact to TEPCO's Facilities due to Miyagiken-Oki Earthquake (as of 1:00PM, local/Tokyo time)

Here's basically where things stand (based on the "official" stories), for the 10 total reactors at both "Fukushima" nuclear plants ...

Fukushima Daiichi (aka Fukushima I):
6 Reactors at this site.
  • Reactor #1: TEPCO is trying to kill it with Seawater and Boric Acid.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I just saw this break on the news.

More than 10,000 feared dead in Japan

Japan fought today to avert a disastrous meltdown at two earthquake-crippled nuclear reactors as estimates of the death toll from the tsunami that charged across its northeast rose to more than 10,000.

Officials worked desperately to prevent the fuel rods in the damaged plants from overheating after radiation leaked into the air. The government said a building housing a second reactor was at risk of exploding after a blast blew the roof off a different plant the day before.

The nuclear accident, the worst since the Chernobyl disaster in 1986, sparked stinging criticism that authorities were ill-prepared for such a massive quake and the threat that could pose to the country's nuclear power industry.

"The use of seawater means they have run out of options," said David Lochbaum, director of the Union of Concerned Scientists Nuclear Safety Project.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
another reactor in problems?
daini reactor 11km south of the other2 in problem..acc to cnn...

Authorities have downplayerd such a scenario, insisting the situation appears under control and that radiation levels in the air are dangerous. Still, as what they described as "a precuation," more than 200,000 people who live within 20 kilometers (12 miles) of the plant have been ordered to leave the area. A similar evacuation order has been issued for those with 10 kilometers of the Fukashima Daini nuclear facility, a separate plant also in Fukashima prefecture.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Yep, based just on the most conservative reporting (Tepco's own press-releases), 3 out of 4 reactors at the "other" Fukushima plant ("Daini") are having "pressure" issues.

Check-out my (recent) post just above (probably wasn't there while you were typing). Basically, they're "20% F__ed" right now as far as Fukushima goes. Of course, that's not a valid technical analysis, just my way of putting it.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: formatting.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Im watching CNN live right now and the ticker at the bottom of the tv just said "Official: Third Reactor Fails". I do not know any more information about this. I would guess the cooling system has failed in the 3rd one yet again.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Im watching CNN live right now and the ticker at the bottom of the tv just said "Official: Third Reactor Fails". I do not know any more information about this. I would guess the cooling system has failed in the 3rd one yet again.

Yeah, I hate when they don't give specific information. They might be talking about reactor #2 at Daiichi, or reactor #3 at Daiichi (again), or one of the 3 with pressure issues at the "Daini" site.

Update: Just heard CNN talk more about it. Sounds like they are talking about Reactor #3 at Daiichi possibly having an explosion like what happened with Reactor #1 at Daiichi - and that both #1 and #3 are experiencing "potential melt-downs" (their words).

So, status-quo, still "20% F__ed" for now.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok, I'm just realizing it's like after 3:00 AM at my location (Los Angeles area). So, I'm out for now. It's been very educational lurking/participating here. Thanks everybody for the updates. That will be it from me for today. Hopefully, others lurking here will update with any new news (like if Reactor #3 at Daiichi blows, etc.).

Here are my thoughts as I go to bed for the day:
  • When I wake-up and check the "news" server on ATS, will everything be resolved (i.e. will Tepco have succeeded in killing all the problematic reactor's - even if that means junking them with Seawater, etc.?
  • When I wake-up, will I find that it's still status-quo ("20% F__ed") like it was before I went to bed?
  • When I wake-up, will a large part of Fukushima Prefect be irradiated?

Needless to say, I hope/dream for the first scenario.
Best wishes and hopes for everyone in Japan.

PS: Remember, Twitter feeds and "re-tweet's" by themselves are not sources. Please post links to news sources, etc. if at all possible. Otherwise, we're likely just spreading more inaccuracy or deliberate hoaxing.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Agreed, I have no idea which reactor they were talking about. They were interviewing some guy a few minutes ago about the threat of meltdowns and asked if it was Chernobyl possibility, and the guy kind of avoided a straight answer. He said they have "safety measures" in place if something happens, but didnt say how well/if they worked, plus he also said there are conflicting reports about what is happening.

Im beginning to think almost nobody knows what exactly is going on.

Now they are saying (CNN) it is the 3rd worst nuclear event in history, but we dont really even have all the facts yet.

2 "possible" reactor meltdowns within 24 hours. (and "possibly" a 3rd if the CNN news ticker is saying a "failure" means possible meltdown)

Edit: Now that I think about it, the CNN news ticker might of meant Reactor No.3, other than 3rd reactor.
edit on 13-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join