It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 359.htm
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I wouldn't use the word "phony"; more like "unproven". If you are involved in this, please keep me updated. I will gladly accept that this technology is feasible as soon as the first controlled, documented watt comes out of it.

I would dance for joy as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Oh, the predictability of these human animals!

Just watch... black market 'fake' certificates will soon be the biggest business in the area.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Those boxes with red tape on them, numerous of them, in the photographs of the control rooms. Could those possibly be radiation suits in them by any chance? I mean the box size looks about right for a demron body suit. $1700 a piece for those. Maybe they were considering suiting up when they had to flee without warning....

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Now add some MOX to one of those and about 600,000 spent fuel rods....

OK, a Yugo with no body shell, no brakes, loose steering, a spark plug in the gas tank, and a nitrous oxide injection system that's stuck in the 'on' position...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by TheLastStand

I wouldn't use the word "phony"; more like "unproven". If you are involved in this, please keep me updated. I will gladly accept that this technology is feasible as soon as the first controlled, documented watt comes out of it.

I would dance for joy as well.

TheRedneck

Well people have been making fusion reactions take place for years HOWEVER, these are not over-unity devices and are therefore only useful in examining the concept and experimenting. The Rossi and Foccardi device goes one step further and has a documented example of providing over-unity and now it seems the community is bantering about labelling it as a chemical reaction rather than nuclear fusion because of the stigma with the title of fusion -- These guys have to walk the tight rope because the scientific community has a staunch reputation of pointing the finger at any fusion device and instantly calling it a fraud even before results are verified. Mr. Rossi isn't very far out when he says it's success or death, he's staked his reputation and fortune on it and demonstrated something the university of balogne has verified as he has claimed, they just don't know the exact specifics of the reactions taking place and what "safety" issues are concerned regarding the device.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Wertwog

OK, a Yugo with no body shell, no brakes, loose steering, a spark plug in the gas tank, and a nitrous oxide injection system that's stuck in the 'on' position...

TheRedneck

OMG, seriously seriously seriously fugged! What I don't get is HOW ON EARTH did these designs get past the various safety commissions and review panels, plus the fact we have 23 of these Yugo's in the US! As serious case of wishful thinking plus a taste for the good life. "Nothing will go wrong because we don't want it to". The "hasn't happened yet" defense is blown I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

reply to post by Wertwog

TheRedneck

OMG, seriously seriously seriously fugged! What I don't get is HOW ON EARTH did these designs get past the various safety commissions and review panels, plus the fact we have 23 of these Yugo's in the US! As serious case of wishful thinking plus a taste for the good life. "Nothing will go wrong because we don't want it to". The "hasn't happened yet" defense is blown I'm afraid.
One word - dinero

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I check this map a few times a day - it appears to me the numbers or increasing. Was this expected or
unexpected? I know we're in the normal range but its concerning me because its creeping up.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Uh oh!

NEWS ADVISORY: 10 million times normal level of radioactivity in water at No. 2 reactor (13:12)

Kyodo News

Screen shot to prove I am not imagining this:

10 million times above normal! Is reactor 2 going into serious meltdown?
edit on 26-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

now that people start seeing the problem..think about this...

think of all the reactors in use..not just in the U.S.

but above us as well...there are enough reactors in space right now above us...to make us all glow in the dark..should one fail and come crashing down..(it has happened btw..and we got lucky.) and many more in the works to go up..

lighthouses have been powered by nuke reactors...warships...submarines..schools have had reactors( of all places to put one)
Sad to say but I doubt if we learn alot from this...more money will be thrown to the nuke industry to build safer ones sure...but the waste will always be a concern..

I think the money issue is the main reason Tepco is in the problem we have now..as far as releasing info..It's not for fear of panic..they could care less about the people...Thats why they have had such a history of using homeless day workers (subcontracted)
But they have alot to lose ...just look at the plans in the works Japan has going...they risk losing the contracts to build the new nuke plants in the U.S. and elsewhere..like the one planned in texas..

edit on 26-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think this is it.

I feel sick to my stomach.
edit on 26-3-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

I think this is it.

I feel sick to my stomach.

I know how you feel.
edit on 26-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Redneck thanks for all your contributions on the thread!

I was wondering if you have an opinion on Tokyo? Do you believe they should be evacuating now? I understand there are approximately 37 million people living in the greater Tokyo region. I am sure there are substantial economic pressures that would only permit an evacuation as a very last option. No doubt an evacuation would be devastating to the Japanese economy. However if there was an orderly evacuation done now would it save lives? As compared to a panic stricken population trying to leave if suddenly the situation at the reactor deteriorated quickly and unexpectedly. How dangerous is Fukushima to Tokyo with the info we have right now?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Dang..That means they have to raise those safe levels yet again....!

But Hey at least they have the lights on!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Extremely small amounts of the radioactive isotopes iodine-131 and zenon-133 reached a monitoring station by the city's Atomic Testing Museum this week, said Ted Hartwell, manager of the Desert Research Institute's Community Environmental Monitoring Program.

news.yahoo.com...

Is there any significance be it positive or negative to having zenon-133 being detected even if in a miniscule amount? This seems like a newcomer in the litany of different chemicals I've seen discussed in this thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

The reactor is not a pressurized water reactor, it is a boiling water reactor where the primary loop does go through the turbine buildings and does contain mildly radioactive water. In normal operations, the water only gets mildly contaminated with extremely short-lived isotopes that last minutes. Of course, in an accident situation the pipe should be cut-off by isolation valves.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm not in Japan. I live in New York City.

I have co-workers in Tokyo though. I think they will be dead soon...or on there way to "dead".

Why are you still in Japan? Please leave as soon as possible.
edit on 26-3-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I know that was for Redneck...but I think they have wasted at least a week that they should have been doing that very thing..

this ATS thread has been the greatest think tank ever about this problem...we were all saying over a week ago that it was alot worse than they were saying.....

In my opinion..the whole north of japan should be evacuated (yesterday)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

so maybe there is something to this karma # - wouldn't it be nice if they got bit in the ass by their own selfish narrowmindedness. Unfortunately it comes at too great a cost to the poor people of Japan - and perhaps elsewhere. How do we reprogram the masses to care about the masses?

Sorry for the rant - but sometimes it does take a catastrophe to wake people up.
edit on 26-3-2011 by mizd18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm porting this post over, (with minor edits,) from a smaller Fukushima thread, because of the importance of the pictures.

Something drastic has happened at reactor 2.

Originally posted by voorbereid
It looks like the roof of number 2 reactor is also gone

I was looking at the webcam from the Fukushima plant
to see if it was still venting
but to my amazement
it looks like the roof of number two reactor gone
look at the pictures from 2 o'clock and compare with three o clock of sat 26 march

lets hope it is my imagination, you tell me

picture from 2 o'clock

picture 3 o'clock

source: woweather.com

I guess this is linked to the sudden rise in sea-water radioactivity.

I'm hoping theRedneck can explain it.

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join