It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 348.htm
<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I want only bad news, and not good news.

Seriously, I'm just trying to get the truth like everyone else here. If you only want official news and analysis, may I suggest cnn.com? ATS is probably the last place you want to be visiting for discussion if all you want is to downplay the situation.

ETA: and please show me one post where I have made any predictions about what will happen, or said anything alarmist like "we're all going to die"? I have only asked questions, pointed out information we have established in this thread, and posted updates from OFFICIAL news sources when they have not yet been posted. I have not speculated at all about anything. Perhaps what's truly "alarming" as you say is your tendency to paint us all with the same prejudiced brush?
edit on 26-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Ah, you are correct. I missed that. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by OneisOne

That is an amazing graphic, if it is accurate then the only real worry is the #3 MOX fueled reactor.

1 and 2 seems to be stable, and crews are going to begin fresh water injection in unit 2 today.

Also, number three vessel may not be "cracked" ... Reports are showing that the leakage came from piping in the turbine housing not from the vessel itself... But that is still unconfirmed.

So, IF they can get unit three cooled down and supply constant cooling ... The worst will be over.

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, i think the worst is over.
Apparently, fresh water is critical. The U.S. Navy is sending over a barge with fresh water.
A small reverse osmosis system on the back of a flat bed truck could also do the trick.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

STAR!!!!!!!!!

You said it. You WILL get information regarding this disaster here. No one wants doom and gloom. Unfortunately,you get the total opposite from TEPCO!!!!!!! If only they would tell the truth. Also,you have personally been on this thread,for awhile,so for anyone to say your spreading an agenda is wrong...........

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Any information and revelations (ouch, I hate to use THAT word) coming out are composed of some or all of the following elements, spin, diversions, falsehoods and facts. Spin is used to downplay critical events, diversions are to take attention away from critical events, falsehoods are used to keep people confused about the true extent of the crisis and occasional facts are put out acclimate the public to small but incremental levels of the crisis.

Every report from Tepco, the nuclear industry and to a lesser extent the gubmint (and the media in general since this is where they get their info) , needs to be filtered with these points in mind if we are to find the true status quo of the situation. For example, I think the disclosures of the radiated seawater at this point in time were a diversion. True and critical in themselves but used to take some attention off the more important issue of radiated seawater in the buildings. Notice how after 2-3 days of ocean dislosures the "experts" are now saying "nothing to see here, move along". This may also have been a move to set the public up for the draining of the buildings into the sea. They first had to establish the dubious fact that a radiated ocean did not have a long term consequence for the sea life.

BTW - I know people here know these things, but sometimes it seems like people are concentrating too much on the spin and diversions and not enough on what is actually being subtly revealed.

edit on 26-3-2011 by mrbillshow because: ooops

edit on 26-3-2011 by mrbillshow because: disclaimer added

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Japan’s nuclear emergency

Please visit the link for more!
Japan’s nuclear emergency
edit on 26-3-2011 by OneisOne because: add link twice

The above is not sourced alone from TEPCO, a good team has done a great deal of research to create this graphic. At the Washington Post.

Did anyone read the credits at the bottom?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So the Washington Post went in to the reactor buildings and verified this info for themselves?

Oh yeah......they didn't. All of the info this graphic is based on is from TEPCO, who has been lying and withholding information from even the Japanese government, as per today and yesterday's news.

One more thing: it looks like everything's great from this graphic-----until you look at the REAL photos of the reactor buildings. They can no more verify if these reactors are nice and clean and peachy-keen as they are representing them in the graphic than you can. We're all working from the same information-----all from TEPCO. The WP is no more qualified to assess the situation than anyone in this thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

These:

SOURCES FOR "JAPAN'S NUCLEAR EMERGENCY": Tokyo Electric Power Company; Mitch Singer, Biff Bradley, Rod McCullum and Alex Marion, Nuclear Energy Institute; IAEA; The National Academies Press; "Power Plant Engineering;" "Nuclear Reactor Engineering: Reactor Systems Engineering;" Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists; Japan Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport; Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency of Japan; Nuclear Regulatory Commission; U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Kenneth D. Bergeron, Training Centre for Nuclear Technology; International Nuclear Safety Center; Argonne National Laboratory; U.S. Dept of Energy; Global Seismic Hazard Assessment Program; United Nations Population Division; World Health Organization, World Nuclear Association; NOAA Hysplit Model; U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission; Environmental Protection Agency; Japan Nuclear Energy Safety Organization; CDC; Health Physics Society; Physicians for Social Responsibility; Thomas McKone, senior staff scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; General Electric.

?

You don't think any of those groups that have a vested interest in nuclear energy would put any spin out ever?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Okay, I concede, the Washington Post obviously have an agenda to put out extreme disinformation.

It is obviously time to completely bug out, evacuate Japan and take Iodide pills in the USA.

You all win.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

And those sources are for the entire slideshow-----NOT just the "reactor status" graphic. The status of the reactors is based solely on TEPCO information, as NO ONE has been allowed within 30km of the plant except TEPCO and their associated people.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That's really insulting to all of the people who have tried to get good information in this thread. I suggest that if you want the discussion to be only "You're right, FF, everything's great because the Washington Post said so!" then you start an "Everything's Fine, No Need To Worry" thread. This thread has a mix of professionals and concerned people who are trying to separate spin from truth. Your insistence that it must be "OMG we're all gonna die" or "oh yes, the worst is over, everyone go back to their daily BS" is ridiculous. You can't stand the fact that people are worried? Then find an optimist thread. We're worried, and for good reason. TheRedneck is worried, and for good reason. People who actually know ANYTHING about nuclear power are worried, and for good reason. But I suppose since we don't agree with you, we're all effing crazy, right?

ETA: and perhaps you should flip through that slideshow you cherry-picked this graphic from, because it goes on to list the VERY REAL concerns with the situation that are nowhere near under control. But then again, that might support our "crazy conspiracy" worries and go against your narrative that we're all alarmists, eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Star

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by buskey

If it was from a non-biased non political organization, with actual verifiable data and proof I'd believe it.

The French have been claiming this is a level 6 for several days now, and they should know, they manufactured and sold the MOX fuel to TEPCO.

And they want to keep manufacturing and selling MOX fuel, which means they have reason to underplay the situation. You can hardly call a country making money from a situation a "non-biased non political organization".

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I am concerned, I have been following this thread and involved for quite some time.. But when there is reason for cautious, pragmatic optimism that should not be dismissed or attacked.

Part of getting to the truth should never fail to consider the positive.

I'd trust any report from WP, over any Japanese source.. They have insiders in the intelligence community and they through their surveillance capabilities are likely far more aware of the actual status at these reactors than other Japanese sources including reports from TEPCO.

It is all a matter of what you are willing to believe or trust I suppose...

This is an ugly situation, with severe potential impact, no one is minimizing that, but when it comes to how bad it is, or how much worse it can get you need to take in all available sources.. This team at WP has done that and created that graphic.

I believe there is reason to be optimistic from this report, you don't... we can agree to disagree and move on, that is the beauty of ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

TEPCO is now rushing to inject the reactors with fresh water instead, and to begin extracting the radioactive water, Nishiyama said.

And just WHERE are they going to put the irradiated water, I wonder?

The situation at the crippled complex remains unpredictable, Edano said Saturday, adding that it would be “a long time” until the crisis ends. “We seem to be keeping the situation from turning worse,” he said. “But we still cannot be optimistic.”

Seem to be?

cannot be optimistic=can be pessimistic

I want this over, the right way. But as there isn't going to be a good conclusion to this, we will have to do the best we can.

Not sure how to make lemonade out of this one...

source for above quotes

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Okay, I concede, the Washington Post obviously have an agenda to put out extreme disinformation.

It is obviously time to completely bug out, evacuate Japan and take Iodide pills in the USA.

You all win.

-------------------------------------
It has been 2 weeks. The only big problem appears to be reactor 3.
This nuclear accident seems to be winding down.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
TEPCO has "agenda" flowing out their azz...

NRG CEO Says Tepco Exit Would Hurt Texas Nuclear Project -Nikkei

NEW YORK (Nikkei)--It would be a significant blow if Tokyo Electric Power Co. (9501.TO) pulls out of a planned investment in a nuclear power project spearheaded by U.S. firm NRG Energy Inc. (NRG) and Toshiba Corp. (6502.TO) in the state of Texas, CEO of the U.S. utility David Crane told the Nikkei in an interview published on Friday.

Tepco, which is battling a major accident at its earthquake-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, said in May 2010 it would spend up to $250 million Y(20 billion) to acquire a stake in the project to build units 3 and 4 at the South Texas Project nuclear plant if the U.S. government provides loan guarantees. The Japanese utility already has a technological tie-up with NRG Energy.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Utility company NRG has put the brakes on a plan to build two new nuclear reactors at its South Texas plant, CEO David Crane said Wednesday.
money.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'd trust any report from WP, over any Japanese source.. They have insiders in the intelligence community and they through their surveillance capabilities are likely far more aware of the actual status at these reactors than other Japanese sources including reports from TEPCO.

ROTFLMAO! Okay, then that sheds a lot of light on your assessment that the worst is over. 'Nuff said.

Maybe since the WP has all of this amazing intelligence from inside sources that's better than any Japanese source, you should start a thread based solely on WP information, because it's the best out there right? Go ahead and do that, and we'll see how many people buy into it. I dare you.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Note that TEPCO is listed as the FIRST SOURCE in the list of credits.

Not sure how this works in the newspaper industry, but on food labeling, the first ingredient listed is the one in most abundance.

You're telling me that the Washington Post has sources that are getting closer to the plants than the Tepco people?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

You all win.

-------------------------------------
It has been 2 weeks. The only big problem appears to be reactor 3.
This nuclear accident seems to be winding down.

Be-careful, that kind of assessment is dangerous in this thread... Stick with the gloom and doom and you'll get more stars, and everyone will agree with you.

top topics

<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join