It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 342.htm
<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Here are my total laymen worries...
I think that possibly the Japanese Gov & the rest of the World leaders may have known
the worst case scenario had already occured from the beginning or close to...

Yes I believe you are right; my worries are the same yet not totally layman.
I posted this ATS thread after Fukushima no. 3 blew sky high on 03-13-11, late 10:30 CDT.
The thread was assimilated quickly into all the breaking news, but here it is. I had fears at the time that the core was blown due to the brown mushroom-like cloud and all the huge pieces flying 1 km into the air.

edit on 25-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

UPDATE, 11:00 am, Friday, March 25, 2011. Greenpeace Germany has released a statement that, according to an analysis of radiation releases by consultant Dr. Helmut Hirsch, Fukushima is now a Level 7 accident on the international scale (currently it is officially ranked as a Level 5, comparable to the Three Mile Island accident of 1979; Level 7 would make it comparable to Chernobyl).

Source w/link to Greepeace press release (.pdf):

www.nirs.org...

Anyone disagree at this point??

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Look at his legs !!! Left is much larger than right...
could be due to angle but I don't think so...

Ektar

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buskey

UPDATE, 11:00 am, Friday, March 25, 2011. Greenpeace Germany has released a statement that, according to an analysis of radiation releases by consultant Dr. Helmut Hirsch, Fukushima is now a Level 7 accident on the international scale (currently it is officially ranked as a Level 5, comparable to the Three Mile Island accident of 1979; Level 7 would make it comparable to Chernobyl).

www.nirs.org...

Right on target. All the naysayers fall silent. The s%#t just got serious.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

If it was from a non-biased non political organization, with actual verifiable data and proof I'd believe it.

The French have been claiming this is a level 6 for several days now, and they should know, they manufactured and sold the MOX fuel to TEPCO.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I have said the same thing since #3 went off. This accident will exceed Chernobyl. I just hope we don't have to add a level 8.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I've watched that counter for days and it barely moves. Something doesn't seems right with that stream. I don't believe it at all. I mean, how could there be iodine in the tap water and the CPM reading still be at 24?

I understand what you mean about the calibration, but there is another site with a Geiger counter in California and the reading on it is 24. The site states that as being "normal". I think there is some major lying going on here! Even as far as the government setting up fake ustream feeds!

Maybe I'm paranoid.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

they look like the legs of a very old man!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12

Originally posted by buskey

www.nirs.org...

Right on target. All the naysayers fall silent. The s%#t just got serious.

I have this mental picture of the Japanese PM being interviewed and channeling the dude from Spinal Tap as they finally raise the severity to the proper level....11!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So now seeing this is NOT going well, when do you think we should be concerned in the US,
what precautionary actions should we be taking, & for how long? Do I need to switch to
a survivalist forum? This thread has been SO incredibly informative & trust answers here as I have no TV & all the scientific information presented here is unbelievable!! You are ALL so appreciated!

Ektar

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

That is the problem with CPM. The two meters could be showing dramatically different readings using the exact same numbers. If you are watching a Geiger counter and see the reading double, that means the amount of radiation has doubled, but if you look at two meters and one says double the other, that does not mean anything. They could be showing the same amount of radiation.

Ignore CPM unless you know all the variables, including what readings are normal in that area for that meter. Otherwise it is useless information. Instead, look for standardized measurements in R/h, Sv/h, Gy/hr, etc.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

At this time, there is no cause for worry in the US. None. I would avoid food from Japan, or from anywhere in the north Pacific for that matter, but no other actions are needed.

Believe me, if things change I will be the first to scream "Get away!".

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This just in. Levels of radiation off the coast of Japan tested at 1200 times the legal limit. Wow, with no end anywhere in sight and with things possibly getting far far worse who knows what to expect here on the west coast of America down the road..
edit on 25-3-2011 by tomjones69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The man behind the tarp definitely has no burns on his feet or ankles. If you look very closely you might
see some red mark on the right leg. I am a nurse and I have treated cancer patients that have received
high doses of radiation for Leukemia. The patient will be very red, at least the 1st and second layer of skin will be burned and sometimes 3rd layer of skin in places. It is very painful and treated with an ointment and other
IV medications. After a week or so it begins to blister (yea just like a sunburn). Hair will fall out and nails will
fall off (rather slowly). Patient loses energy, appetite and has to be watched closely for any other complications. If treatment goes well the patient recovers and grows back to skin, hair and nails.
Keep in mind this could be much worse in an uncontrolled situation such as a nuclear plant.

BTW if their feet were burned, they wouldn't be walking at all. I just don't get the photo at all - it looked as if
perhaps this person had on a hospital gown and slippers. Why would that be if he hadn't been to the
hospital yet.

I have no idea why my sentences are skipping lines and such? That's the second time this has happened
lately - mods?
edit on 25-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So,this is how it's gonna be.
Seems to be no news coming out of Japan anymore.
NHK has shutdown their ustream link.
We don't know the radiation levels heading to the US.
Must be pretty bad if no one is talking about it.
Accept here.
Just hope ATS isn't next.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I was worried about the time line between Japan & US as I'm not prepared.
Thank you! I'm in N VA & I REALLY appreciate you being on t
his thread as well as many others!!

Ektar

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hi Daisy I did not zoom in on the photo but from just looking at the
photo the left leg appeared larger...sorry I haven't had a chance to zoom
in & take a closer observation...but I definitely agree with your post re symptoms,
blisters, & walking... I too am in medical field but for animals. Thank you for your info.

Ektar

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
I'm just wondering, has anyone posted this picture yet?

Take a look at the person's legs behind that tarp. The lower parts are visible, and to me they look pale white, very odd looking.

edit on 3/25/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

Standard field emergency medicine protocol for burn treatment is to wrap the wound/burn with a dry, sterile dressing. White and pale would be white dressings (bandages).

My assessment of the image is the tarp is a privacy screen for a person who has had contaminated clothing removed and wounds are treated or in the process of being treated. The image does not show blistering from burns as the injury is dressed.

Treatment of burns is one of the worst imaginable injuries for field medical personnel to deal with. Add radiation - it is beyond imaginable.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

You should always be prepared, at least to some degree. If there is any lesson in this disaster, it is to be prepared.

What would you do if you lost power? If there was a tornado? If there was an earthquake? If a bomb went off in DC? Katrina taught us, as Fukushima is teaching us now, to never rely completely on other humans, regardless of their positions of power. No one cares about you as much as you do.

Get prepared, but don't do it because of some imagined threat from Japan. Just do it because you should.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
For those having trouble with NHK, this NHK LINK does not seem to go down like usenet site does.

top topics

<< 339  340  341    343  344  345 >>

join