It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 341.htm
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

More likely they are working with the experts and USAID (CIA) and rolled out the standard IAEA disinfo kit (developed during Chernobyl) while buying time putting on a "water show" they knew would jeopardize lives in the countryside until they can get the evac plans ready for Toyko. Standard issue media deflection tactics and the whole playbook, only they haven't adapted to the speed of social media and info tech yet so you're seeing gaps.

There are about 127,560,000 souls on the island of Japan, mass evacuations would be a logistical nightmare.

In other countries faced with such a disaster, you could evacuate people far enough away from the danger of radiation relatively easily compared to Japan.

Not only would this be a logistical nightmare, the process would cause mass panic, and people would die in the chaos. There really is no where for them to go if this gets much worse.

A lot of the misinformation, disinformation and utter lack of information and data is likely done with this in mind... Panic and chaos could be more dangerous than the radiation exposure.

Where will these millions of people evacuate to?

How will it be done?

Does anyone have a plan that could do this in days or weeks?

It is also just as likely that the Japanese believe they can eventually stabilize the situation, control it and contain it without any need for mass evacuation. Based on information from the IAEA and TEPCO.

So the Japanese gvt. and media try to prevent panic, while trusting the information they are getting from TEPCO, is also a possibility.

Lets hope there is no urgent need for a mass evacuation of Japan... ever.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

try this linkaGE , and just click on todays update

On a back of the envelope calculation , depending on exactly how much sea-water got dumped , the Japanese ended up adding between 50 and 100Kg of Iodine to those reactors

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

edit on 25-3-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomjones69 Its time for the lies to stop.
edit on 25-3-2011 by tomjones69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavis
Connect the dot's.

So sorry, nothing showing in the clip.
edit on Fri Mar 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix video

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

Click the link in the vid box, you get this:

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

Maybe the monkeys are connecting the dots for us?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Are you saying TEPCO is in charge of YouTube now?

(s/he copied the 'v=' part of the ID number, but even without it, the ID number isn't recognized.)

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

There are about 127,560,000 souls on the island of Japan, mass evacuations would be a logistical nightmare.
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Aren't there 34 million in Tokyo alone? Even relocating a fraction of those in a country already struggling to deal with those displaced by the Tsunami, it doesn't bear thinking about. Not only that, but they have the additional misfortune of being the third largest economy in the world, the primary global source for semi-conductors, and a manufacturing/knowledge based economy, so I would imagine that either domestic or overseas relocation on a large scale would be something that not many other governments would wish to see happening for economic reasons?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
NEWS ADVISORY: Radioactive iodine 1,250.8 times above legal limit in sea near plant.

english.kyodonews.jp

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Challenge to remove water from reactors
www3.nhk.or.jp...

After the incident, TEPCO examined the reactors and found that not only Number 3, but also the Number one reactor has highly radiated water in its basement.

TEPCO says the fuel rods inside reactors may be breached, causing radioactive material to leak.

edit on 25-3-2011 by leisas4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The hiroshi_shinji UStream live video feed of his Tokyo geiger counter has a steady reading of 24 cpm:

UStream Live Tokyo Geiger Counter

Is this a normal background radiation reading? If so, then there aren't any high levels of radiation in Tokyo. But this can't be, can it?

Is it possible that this is a fake geiger counter reading to throw off the public to the truth? Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
NEWS ADVISORY: Radioactive iodine 1,250.8 times above legal limit in sea near plant.

english.kyodonews.jp

And that stuff is coming our way and will pollute the entire Pacific. Best believe.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

CPM is a useless reading unless you know the tube calibration.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hplovecraft2000

Hey that is a great site and more like the japan we have come to know and expect robots and anime from

for anyone interested they are crowd sourcing information, and have helpful info like Hacking a Geiger counter in Nuclear Tokyo

And if the info is real , and 'realtime' something at Fukushima is spiking how much radiation it's putting off almost as you watch. perhaps it's just me...anyone else care to give it a look and reload it a couple of times to see if a spike is coming off one of those reactors ( and in any event everything around that plant is 'glowing'

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here are my total laymen worries...
I think that possibly the Japanese Gov & the rest of the World leaders may have known
the worst case scenario had already occured from the beginning or close to...
No reason for radiation not being monitored period...whether human, land , air , or sea!
Maybe we keep seeing unprotected workers, no Rad monitoring, & people in unprotected clothing (like no head covering, no gloves, no boots & etc) because THEY (ones in charge) already know all (anyone near the situation) those guys are going to die & cannot allow any reports due to panic.
Yes I know we have been talking about it, but what hit me was when they set the "Big Meeting with ALL
the Big Hats on Tuesday 29 March 2011 with invites to Media & the public with Q&A seemed odd to me.
We are in a crisis & we have to wait 6 Bloody Days to get answers!!! (meaning since they made the announcement) Well I think ALL those Big Hats have been meeting all along & prolonging mass hysteria
while they have been setting everything in place for themselves as well as making the announcement to the public of how bad it REALLY is....

Ektar

Wonder how those of us older than 40 with non-functional thyroid (150mcg/day) & Asthma can cope?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I heard that myself 10 mins ago on NHK

I wrote the number down down and said to myself, self WTF was that? I love the oceans, I've already been devastated by the disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. I wake up at night and think WTF???? It makes me ill. This is not cool at all. I am not a doomer, I just think this is not cool at all. Period.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, has anyone posted this picture yet?

Take a look at the person's legs behind that tarp. The lower parts are visible, and to me they look pale white, very odd looking.

edit on 3/25/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

NEWS ADVISORY:Work under way to inject fresh water into Fukushima No. 2 reacotr(11.09)[/ex
english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
I'm just wondering, has anyone posted this picture yet?

Take a look at the person's legs behind that tarp. The lower parts are visible, and my monitor is color calibrated, to me they look very pale white and just very odd looking.

Blistered...large blisters containing fluid ???

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

That's what I imagine my feet look like if I ever took my socks off ( ahahahahahaaa, cough ) , serious though , yes. Even given the fact that all that blue light bouncing off the tarp probably makes them look paler, would "a deathly pallor " be an incorrect description?

That's either a very indoors sort of fellow or he is in some serious shock (shouldn't the radiation burns have red swelling after the what 45 minutes they were suppose to be in there?)

honestly it looks like a corpse that someone just put in the upright position ( a fresh corpse gets that sickly whiteish yellow on top and kind of pink on the bottom because the blood drains there, ), but Anaphylactic shock can look like that:
Skin eruptions and large bumps, along with dead whit skin

edit on 25-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join