It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 338.htm
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
Just to check, having seen how quickly the West have managed to share surveillance and aviation footage from Libya, has anyone either seen any such aerial imagery from the USA or anyone else with the capabilities do do so for Fukishima?

Also, what became of that Global Hawk surveillance flight back in week one?

That tape was sent to the Japanese government for them to decide to make public or not... We are not at war with Japan... so we have to ask

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAlive

My best guess? The water came from wherever the corium is. Now whether that was inside the core, flowing around underneath the core, or en route to the mantle, we really don't know.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

Here is the photo I saved from several, several pages back. I cannot postt the link because I no longer have it. It is in the monster thread somewhere.

I could not figure out how to resize it.

Here is the link to my photo album for the full picture.
media.abovetopsecret.com/profile_gallery/liejunkie01/&action=view&id= 169778

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo

I would love if someone could explain how to post the diagram on the thread or do it for me. I think it's important for you all to know how it was lashed back together instead of buying a new vessel.

Now where did I put my ducktape!!!!!

Duct taped worked on the Apollo 13 mission

Yeah I can see why they wouldn't want to post this info

edit on 25-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

Thanks, I'd like to post some of that in the thread here as I think it warrants direct exposure:

Japan reluctant to disclose footage of power plant taken by U.S. drone

The Japanese government has in its possession video footage of the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant taken by a U.S. military reconnaissance drone, but has yet to release the footage to the public, sources have revealed.

the Global Hawk has been filming the area around the clock. Footage is transmitted via satellite to a U.S. Air Force base in California, and is also supplied to the Japanese government. The Japanese government, however, has yet to disclose the footage, which is being analyzed by nuclear power experts and others at the California base.

Source: The Mainichi Daily News

Hmmm, so whatever happened to the "full transparency" that the Japanese PM was talking about applying to this incident in the past two days? And for that matter, why aren't the USA declassifying this?

Yeah, I know WE know the answer, but spread the word and perhaps the MSN may begin asking that too?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think you would have found the heat signatures from the reactors would have created mass panic. Also No pictures of Fukishima reactors at night in case of blue lights coming from the reactors... (Cherknov effect).

Also no pictures showing any workers for several days now

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

See my above link to my photo album for the Global Hawk thermal picture I got several days and many pages ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86

and a couple of incidents involving Excessive Insertion of the Control Rods resulting in leakage from the valve seat area at our own favourite n.3

www2.jnes.go.jp...
edit on 25-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Ya. "Excessive Insertion" has happened to me and it's usually pretty painful.

link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAlive
Did it leak/spill out of the used fuel pool?

They claim that they have been dumping and pumping TONS of seawater... yet they announced that they have no idea of the water level in the tanks...

Does no one else wonder if they might be over flowing by now? As I understand they don't have a top... otherwise they couldn't fill them...

Just a thought

link   

The Japanese government has in its possession video footage of the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant taken by a U.S. military reconnaissance drone

"No. 1" - why no mention of the other buildings #2-6 - and the main storage tank building?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by monica86

and a couple of incidents involving Excessive Insertion of the Control Rods resulting in leakage from the valve seat area at our own favourite n.3

www2.jnes.go.jp...
edit on 25-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Ya. "Excessive Insertion" has happened to me and it's usually pretty painful.

I can tell you a bent control rod is no laughing matter either!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So much for an enlightened society, when they censor info that can directly effect citizen's health and welfare.

Looks like the Japanese government feels the average citizen is an idiot and prone to panic.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

MONEY BABY, MONEY, if you look at the the number of plants ramping up for this: turning 'surplus' waste plutonium ( that is extremely expensive to dispose of properly) into a much more marketable product it is a burgeoning industry just waiting to explode (ha cough ha ) on the world, I am sure billions of dollars would be changing hands ...

...for instance GE (the manufacturer of some of these reactors and one of the biggest U.S.military contractors) made(reported anyway) over 14 billion world wide last year and over 5 billion in the U.S. but PAYED NO TAXES, and actually earned 3.2 billion in tax credits..I'm not saying governments are in bed with the military / nuclear suppliers , but a company that make billions off of killing machine may have decide to tighten it's belt by merging some of it's product lines

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Whilst love that you guys have technically commented on the repaired Reactor No3 and the fact that the UAV thermal images were not shown.

I'd like to also add from a political view point that the French were the first to say "all French subjects get the "!£$ out of Japan." One possible reason is they via Areva are the foremost manufacturers and designers of MOX. Only a few days after the tsunami (the French head of state) Nicholas Sarkozy called the Areva CEO Anne Lauvergeon for an emergency meeting.

They know that breathing in the MOX dust particles will cause problems. They created and implemented all MOX plant safety guidelines. (That is the biggest cover up!)

So whilst TEPCO have blood on their hands Areva and the French government have more. They along with the UK are the prime pushers of MOX into the Japanese nuclear industry.

Hence no UK media coverage, at least half of Japan's MOX comes from Sizewell storage pools(UK)

On a lighter note here's the Areva "FunkyTown" Promotional video.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Here is the link.
www2.jnes.go.jp...

Wow.

I think link explains, so much right now.
I am picturing cracked component(s) sliding out of place or falling-off inside the RPV and f__cking things up.

edit on 2011-3-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: added more.

edit on 2011-3-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: formatting.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

A nuclear reactor is not a shade tree mechanic DIY project!!!!

And if your auto was like a reactor can you imagine how many life sentences you'd get when it blew up in the street of your town,, killed teh first 50 or so first responders( police/fire/emt's, pedestrians) and polluted and irradiated a couple of thousand square kilometers, and left poisons around in the environment for hundreds of miles in every direction that would last for the next thirty years...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Hi, thanks for highlighting those images you found, I did a quick search and found them listed as stills from NHK footage at:

www.physicsforums.com...

On that same page there was also some interesting discussion there about what the images may show, and a detailed cutaway drawing of the reactor showing the structures (such as the missile-proof roof) which I thought may be of interest:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

U.N. agencies hold meeting to discuss Japan's nuclear crisis

Ban encouraged U.N. member states to ''consider lessons learned'' from the recent disasters in Japan, urging them in his statement to adopt ''appropriate measures in an innovative way to strengthen the nuclear safety regime.''

Source

If Japan had wanted to "consider lessons learned", they would have done so a long time ago.

Japan's nuclear industry has suffered a litany of scandals and accidents.

-- 1995: Sodium leaked in a cooling system at the Monju prototype fast-breeder reactor in western Japan. No one was injured and no radioactivity escaped. But state-run operator Donen was found to have concealed videotape footage that showed extensive damage to the reactor.

-- 1997: At least 37 workers were exposed to low doses of radiation in a fire and explosion at the Tokaimura nuclear reprocessing plant, northeast of Tokyo. Donen later acknowledged it had initially suppressed information about the fire.

-- 1999: Fuel-reprocessing workers were reported to be using stainless steel buckets to hand-mix uranium in flagrant violation of safety standards at the Tokaimura plant. Hundreds of people were exposed to radiation. Two workers later died in what was the deadliest accident in the Japanese industry's history.

-- 2000: Three Tokyo Electric Power Co. executives forced to quit after revelations the company in 1989 ordered an employee to edit out footage showing cracks in nuclear plant steam pipes in video being submitted to regulators.

-- 2002: Two workers were exposed to a small amount of radiation and suffered minor burns when they accidentally punctured a spray can, igniting a plastic sheet during an inspection at Onagawa Nuclear Power Station in northern Japan.

-- 2004: Eight workers were exposed to low-level radiation at another power plant in Tsuruga, western Japan, when they were accidentally sprayed with contaminated water. The doses were not considered dangerous.

-- 2004: A cooling pipe at a power plant in Mihama burst, killing four workers and injuring seven with a scorching explosion of steam. No radiation was released.

-- 2006: Tokyo Electric Power Co. reported a small amount of radioactive steam was released at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant that's currently in crisis -- and it escaped the compound. The amount was deemed negligible to public safety.

-- 2007: A powerful earthquake ripped into Japan's northwestern coast, killing at least eight people and causing malfunctions at the Kashiwazaki Kariwa nuclear power plant, including radioactive water spills, burst pipes and fires. Radiation did not leak from the facility.

-- March 2011: The Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant in Japan's northeast coast is crippled after a 9.0-magnitude quake that spawned a devastating tsunami. Authorities are racing to cool overheating reactors to prevent a full meltdown.

Source

Japan's Nuclear Power Industry Has History Of Scandals

TOKYO -- Behind Japan's escalating nuclear crisis sits a scandal-ridden energy industry in a comfy relationship with government regulators often willing to overlook safety lapses.

Leaks of radioactive steam and workers contaminated with radiation are just part of the disturbing catalog of accidents that have occurred over the years and been belatedly reported to the public, if at all.

Source

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
so much information atm!

im watching intently, glad im on the other side of the world, about as far away as can possibly can be!

I have one question, to some of the people who seem to be clued up on these things...

If their is a crack in the reactor and a potential for molten fuel to leak down through this,and if was to fall into the water which had/has pooled round and below this from pumping in all this water, is their not a chance of a massive explosion similar to what scientists were fearing would happen at chernobyl ?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype

The Japanese government has in its possession video footage of the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant taken by a U.S. military reconnaissance drone

"No. 1" - why no mention of the other buildings #2-6 - and the main storage tank building?

I think they mean "Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant I" (meaning the "Daiichi" plant). Number "II" is the "Daiini" plant.

edit on 2011-3-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join