It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 33.htm
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Totally it could have been worse. But it's kind of a "heckuva job, Brownie" moment----just seems like congratulating the designers that didn't think-----for whatever stupid reason------that a quake and tsunami this powerful could happen is like applauding Brownie for not dropping a bomb on New Orleans.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My main concern now is the spent fuel pools. They are at the top of the reactor building, and may be damaged and/or exposed to the air after the hydrogen explosion.

edit on 13/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
does anyone have any updates on these plants following several news sources and nothing about it anywhere

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Report just in that TEPCO has begun to inject seawater to cool the Fukushima Daiichi no.3 reactor. -Reuters

Last ditch effort now for the mixed fuel one.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

thanks for the update . havent seen anything new on the plants but wow there is some major flooding in the us that is now dominating
the news.

link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
Report just in that TEPCO has begun to inject seawater to cool the Fukushima Daiichi no.3 reactor. -Reuters

Last ditch effort now for the mixed fuel one.

not good. I seriously expect an explosion similar to what happened on #1 last night.

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

news briefing going on right now...
Translating here
YokosoNews

They are reporting that another explosion could take place due to hydrogen gas build up again...same as yesterday. different reactor

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
right on cue....

Japan’s chief cabinet secretary says there’s a risk of explosion at the building housing Fukushima Daiichi no.3 reactor

not that it matters, but I predicted this in the other thread about 8 hours ago

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The truth is that nobody really knows because nobody can get inside them too see whats going on. The Japanese government is saying what they know and leaning towards `its not too bad` so as not to cause panic , but the truth is they do not know either. There is a monitor nearby the containment buildings and that is what everybody is watching.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
no link to confirm heard it on the radio but they say the people in the control room have been exposed to so much radiation that they will not survive more than a month , if that is true wow they are practicly commiting suiside to save many lives in japan, they are true heros

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yeah, here's a quick qoute from the press-conference, which on CNN right now ...

A part of the core, within the reactor is 'deforming'

Sounds like they're trying to avoid using the term "melt-down".

They also just confirmed that, pumping seawater into the reactor(s) is pretty much going to "make it very difficult" to re-use them again later. I read that as "that was our last-resort action and we're writing the reactor(s) off at this point" (my humble opinion).

Again, though - none of this is new news to anybody who's been following this thread since Thursday/Friday.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: fomatting, spelwing adn grwhmer.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Japan’s chief cabinet secretary reporting core is deformed but not melting at this point in 3rd reactor

Yokoso news

think that means it's not retracted??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

sorry must have been typing when you posted that

I agree, Been following since the start, but this is first I have seen of it on the 3rd reactor unless I missed it since mod's wanted us to come over to this thread.

edit on 13-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: update

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
FLASH: #Japan chief cabinet secretary says risk of explosion at building housing #Fukushima Daiichi No. 3 reactor

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here are links to the two most recent English versions of Tepco press-releases.
Nothing really new or significant here (that wasn't already just discussed), but I'll link them anyway.

Press Release (Mar 13,2011) Occurrence of a Specific Incident Stipulated in Article 15, Clause 1 of the Act on Special Measures Concerning Nuclear Emergency Preparedness (Extraordinary increase of radiation dose at site boundary)

Plant Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (as of 9am March 13th, local/Tokyo time)

PS: There are a couple more releases on their Japanese language page. But, running them through a quick Google-Translate, it doesn't seem like any 'new' details. Two of them are just more (probably mandatory reporting) of radiation measurements.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: added postscript.

PPS: I just saw a quick note on one of the news sites, that the original quake has been upgraded from 8.9 to 9.0!

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added post-postscript.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

No problem. Inevitably, that type of thing happens when stuff is being updated real-time. If anything, thanks for the effort to keep everybody updated!

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

Yep, no one's going to fault you for posting breaking news! Having 3-4 posts with different sources back-to-back is actually a good thing. Now, post this info tomorrow night and then I might have to shoot you, LOL.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
does anyone know why japan is mobalizing their defence forces ?
its the biggest since world war 2

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
Japan’s chief cabinet secretary reporting core is deformed but not melting at this point in 3rd reactor

Yeah, I love that double-speak, my translation's are:
  • Deformed = Melted or melting.
  • Can't confirm = Don't f___ing know.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

.......link? Haven't heard about this. Did I totally miss this update?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join