It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 323.htm
<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by randyvs

you and me both buddy, and dont worry about looking like a fool better to ask and be enlightened than go on not knowing.

what scares me is all the reactors here in the US there are several on fault lines!!

And I asked you what were they thinking ? I think I should be embarrassed. There's just know way that qualifys for thinking. Why didn't they put one in Yellowstone ?

Goodnite gentlemen. thank you for your patience.
edit on 25-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

Kawasaki firefighters have started spraying water on the No. 3 reactor of the Fukushima nuclear plant, scheduled to work for 3 hours.

At a Glance: Crisis Rating, Worker Injuries, Death Toll Tops 10,000

White smoke is again seen over the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant Friday morning. Such sightings, this time rising from reactors Nos. 1, 2 and 4, have taken place intermittently over the past week but have not usually been a sign of fresh complications nor been accompanied by an increase in radiation levels. Officials have said that similar plumes represented steam coming from the pools of water holding spent nuclear fuel.

Japan’s Nuclear Agency said it is preparing to use fresh water to cool reactor Nos. 1 and 2, switching from sea water, adding it aims to restore power to the control of reactor No. 2 Friday. Meanwhile, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said the work at the No. 3 reactor has been delayed.

The Asahi newspaper reports in its Friday edition that the ongoing disaster may warrant a rating of 6 on the international scale of zero to 7, which would make it worse than Three Mile Island, rated 5, and second only to the Chernobyl accident at 7. The decision would be up to Japan’s nuclear safety agency.

Up to the liars in chief...

NISA said the water puddle that pooled inside the reactor building where three workers were injured Thursday had radiation levels 10,000 times higher than normal. Two of the three have been hospitalized due to possible burns caused by beta rays which can cause major skin damage. They were not wearing boots at the time and therefore their feet were soaked in the water.

They were not wearing boots? In a nuclear power plant leaking? WHAT?

Zirconium 95 release confirmed by TEPCO: RT
That zirconium is from the spent fuel pools, meaning the rods are at high temperature, meaning they are MELTING, meaning those pools are now LEAKING since the zirconium is being evaporated.

Govt spokesman Edano says he "can't rule out" that people living within 20-30 km of #Fukushima N-plant could be asked to evacuate.

Can't rule out = should have done it a long time ago.

Kyodo: Radiation from water halts work at Reactors 1 & 2 at #Fukushima-1.

Yet again.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by zorgon

there is one consideration most miss in geology:

The shape of the geoid

between the Chille , and Japan quakes the earth's tilt changed by between 7 and 12 inches and spheroid lost some of it's oblateness do to a mass re-adjustment that slows teh spin. The difference between the circumference of the poles and the equator is approximately 21 miles. Any changes in the tilt or oblatness of the earth changes how any location on it fits the theoretical 'perfect sphere-oid'. places will be above or below it by as much as 30 feet from recent changes and will now try to "fit" to the new geoid. measuring this exactly is why the ESA put GOCE into orbit. Unlike most preceptions GOCE does not measure gravity but defines how far above or below any particular place on earth is above the geoid line ( the scale on their map is meter above below the geoid), so you could see some odd adjustments where normal plate theory does not predict

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A few days ago there was a good size shock right under the plant.... or was it a kaboom?

Either way can't be good

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Explosion at Chernobyl nuclear power plant, 1986: 3.74 on the richter scale (9.5 metric tons 40.0 GJ)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Kyodo: Radiation from water halts work at Reactors 1 & 2 at #Fukushima-1.

Yet again.

At #1 and #2?
an hour ago they said those were under control...

I saw one thing I have not seen since this started... one of the NHK reporters wiped back tears after the updates radiation report. I was hoping to capture that on a rerun.

That is more telling than any data

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wait, Japan is on the plate that's NOT sliding under the other one? That's really confusing! I don't know how many more academic disciplines I can try to educate myself about to understand this whole mess. I think I'll leave the quake dynamics to the quake buffs. My brain is tired, LOL.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
UPDATE

US has told Japan they are 'concerned' about the use of sea water in the reactors and are sending ships with fresh water... arrival THREE DAYS

Oops update live now

www.livestation.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by Wertwog

Are you saying that it's just too dangerous for them to even be there monitoring? So the beta and gamma measurements are being done, presumably, in the same areas by people that will also be exposed to the Alpha radiation. This doesn't add up...

No what I am saying is that if anyone is making those measurements they are not yelling the information from the tree tops. The 'why' is because Tepco/the Japanese government have consistently lied and downplayed the severity of the disaster and on top of everything else for them to have to admit that neutron radiation has been irradiating the country side and people for days (making things radioactive) or that toxic plutonium has escaped into the environment would have a massive public reaction and certainly huge financial and political ramifications for tepco , the japanese government , the nuclear industry , and a number of VERY powerful peoples political ambitions on the future of nuclear power.

(remember plutonium is only in the reactor because certain governments need to 'get rid of surplus weapons grade plutonium' and politically speaking if the average joe realizes just how dangerous the whole plutonium reactor gig can be ( the kind of plutonium released here has about a 24,000 yr half life) the whole sweet deal of making expensive waste into a private profit could fly right out the window)

Also I'am sure they would love to downplay the existence of Plutonium MOX because the accident(s) were certainly exacerbated by and possible even cause by putting plutonium in those particular kinds of reactors in those states of age/disrepair ( some cores were reported to be cracked before the earthquake), Also they cannot claim any way shape or form that this disaster is not almost entirely due to negligence, incompetence and mismanagement.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Silverlok because: bubbles in the blood

Thank you. So it's your opinion that these readings are being taken but not being released? There are some independent monitors working in Japan... Rad monitor, including Dr. Okumura(ISAS/JAXA)'s intensive plot (including monitoring car data at Fukushima Pref.) using Google Map (logarithmic plot). english translation here, but I am unclear if this is also monitoring Alpha. Can anyone tell?
edit on 25-3-2011 by Wertwog because: messed up the link

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
High radiation leak suggests damage to No. 3 reactor vessel: agency

Ya think.

And all that zirconium evaporating : spent nuclear pools are leaking and spent fuel rods are melting.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have yet to see a photo of the control room with workers until now.
(Apologies again if it has been posted already)

REUTERS/Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency via Kyodo/Handout)Hide caption
Handout photo from the Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency shows Tokyo Electric Power Co. workers checking the parameters of instruments in the central control room at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in Tomioka, Fukushima Prefecture northeastern Japan March 23, 2011. Picture taken March 23, 2011.

Link plus some other photos here

Edit - sorry, already a thread on this ...

edit on 25/3/2011 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
UPDATE

Press conference
www.livestation.com... 11:10 pacific time

--- As of March 25th spent fuel pool status... ummm just a second please...
... #2 we have not measured how much water got into the tank
... #3 filling has started
... #4 sea water injected by concrete pump

Evacuation from 1 & 2 as reported in foreign press is false
#3 & 4 yes evacuated We don't know where the workers were... we don't clearly know where they were exposed. They were attempting to hook up the auxiliary pumps

Q&A

1) Where did water come from...?

... source of the water seems to be the reactor core... but we don't know where. Cracks have not been discovered ...vessel still has some pressure ..could have been some sort of leakage ..somewhere but nothing conclusive

2) What about #2?

..the containment could have been compromised... somewhat... but we don't know for sure at this point ...We haven't confirmed #2 500msv recorded ...the scale is different but we have not confirmed

3) How will you proceed in #3

... We don't have any word on how to proceed at this time

News anchor said that it seems they have not got containment as they have said all along

Image of the auxiliary pump where they were trying to work

Conference before answering a question

So there is no word on when any work will resume on #3

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

No worries... I repeat things as well... the thread is huge and moves fast hard for even me to keep up while following the live casts

A liitle break from bad news...

A young Panda at the zoo hugs his rescuer

A dog rescued

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Tell me about it. Go off and work for a couple of hours and there is 4-8 pages to catch up with.

Sorry for the repeated pic, but in saying that, I've found over the past week or I have surely missed dozens of pages of this thread and so the repeated pics are good.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
sorry guys,

fox news alert: just now,

reactor core 3 might have been breached.

no links, might be old news?

edit on 25-3-2011 by fooks because: core

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yup a couple posts up press release being repeated RIGHT NOW

You need to listen to this

www.livestation.com...

THAT is the scariest press release I ever heard in my life... they don't know anything... they are just guessing. I wish I had that recorded ARRGGGG

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Well it was a good thing... I found one in that batch I didn't have. This is Unit #4 WTF???

(AP Photo/Tokyo Electric Power Co. via Kyodo News) Hide caption In this photo taken Wednesday, March 16, 2011 and released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. via Kyodo News Friday, smoke billows from wrecked unit 4 at Japan's crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okumamachi, Fukushima Prefecture.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
FOX news just broke that one of the reactors containment core has been breached!!!!! Gone from bad to worse just now!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And yet the ticker on Kyodo News states:

NEWS ADVISORY: No data suggesting No. 3 reactor core cracked: nuke agency (15:32)

All Headlines | Kyodo News

But I can't find anything on that ...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

put up your link here.

2nd line

top topics

<< 320  321  322    324  325  326 >>

join