It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 322.htm
<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by randyvs
(Please don't tell me anything like that
)
TheRedneck

Fortunately, Japan no longer observes DST.
Otherwise, a country-wide time-phase-shift like that, right in the middle of all this - could have done who-know's-what to that part of the Earth's crust!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon
Brain hurts. Both operational neurons at the same time. Ouch.

Earlier in the thread you claimed to only have a single operational neuron. Clearly you are an agent of disinformation.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I'm not sure where the pumps are physically located (each plant differs in those details), but I can promise you the workers are not underneath the reactors. That area is almost inaccessible (is actually supposed to be completely inaccessible except in emergencies or maintenance during complete shutdown), and there's nowhere underneath the vessel to even be. It is sitting on short stocky support legs that are placed directly on the floor slab (at least ours is).

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The Quake Watch thread would probably be the best place to find your answer, they're pretty knowledgeable about tectonics and such. As far as I know, Japan sank because the plate it's on subducted further underneath the plate it meets, and as long as that plate doesn't subduct hundreds of miles further down, Japan is fine. I think the idea of "breaking off and sinking" was planted by the whole "California will break off and sink" claim, and it doesn't make sense, AFAIK. Japan is on bedrock and lava rock, so it can't "sink" like that all at once, and the liquefication happens mostly on "reclaimed" land that isn't solid like natural land.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ethan... chew the gum... throw it at the Aquariummm... me & Zorgon are timezone OUT... til 2morror...

Redneck... Meow... HOLD ON!!

edit on 25-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Obviously one was malfunctioning at the time.

But I'm feeling much better now!

Bedtime guys... try not to let the neutrons loose again?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by randyvs

Japan is on the Eurasia plate and the pacific plate is sub-ducting Under It, Japan is above not likely it will sink..

In a broad-sense, that's true. However, they did mention on the TV (a few days ago), that a large portion of the area hardest-hit by the Tsunami (Sendai presumably) is actually at a lower elevation now, and that is causing concerns with tides being "effectively" higher than before, and inundating areas that they wouldn't before. Also, there may be areas flooded by the Tsunami, that will not drain back to their pre-event water levels, and are now permanently marsh/swamp for the foreseeable future. Of course, a lot of those same areas may be radioactively contaminated too (soon, if not already) - so maybe it's a moot point.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
Another question, if I may ?
Zorgon and Redneck. What do you guys feel the possibities are, that at least a part of Japan sinks beneath the waves. Let's just say very soon, before summer. Forgive me if I sound naive, but lets call a spade a spade.

Why do you feel Japan will sink? It might glow, but sink?

The land did in fact sink a few meters. You can see that in the Tsunami hit areas. they are still under water because some of the land is now below sea level. The weather office has includes high tide warnings for these flooded areas..

Will a part sink? Depends if that other major fault breaks loose. The seismic activity is far from over as the shocks are still over 5.0 and Mt Fuji is showing tremors beneath it. TrueAmericans thread would be good to keep an eye on for this info,,

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Are you saying that it's just too dangerous for them to even be there monitoring? So the beta and gamma measurements are being done, presumably, in the same areas by people that will also be exposed to the Alpha radiation. This doesn't add up...

No what I am saying is that if anyone is making those measurements they are not yelling the information from the tree tops. The 'why' is because Tepco/the Japanese government have consistently lied and downplayed the severity of the disaster and on top of everything else for them to have to admit that neutron radiation has been irradiating the country side and people for days (making things radioactive) or that toxic plutonium has escaped into the environment would have a massive public reaction and certainly huge financial and political ramifications for tepco , the japanese government , the nuclear industry , and a number of VERY powerful peoples political ambitions on the future of nuclear power.

(remember plutonium is only in the reactor because certain governments need to 'get rid of surplus weapons grade plutonium' and politically speaking if the average joe realizes just how dangerous the whole plutonium reactor gig can be ( the kind of plutonium released here has about a 24,000 yr half life) the whole sweet deal of making expensive waste into a private profit could fly right out the window)

Also I'am sure they would love to downplay the existence of Plutonium MOX because the accident(s) were certainly exacerbated by and possible even cause by putting plutonium in those particular kinds of reactors in those states of age/disrepair ( some cores were reported to be cracked before the earthquake), Also they cannot claim any way shape or form that this disaster is not almost entirely due to negligence, incompetence and mismanagement.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Silverlok because: bubbles in the blood

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I think Japan sits on the plate that slides under the other so maybe that accounts for the shift & drop? Nothing but wild speculation as always, I don't like to be burdened with facts.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by -W1LL
I'm not sure where the pumps are physically located (each plant differs in those details), but I can promise you the workers are not underneath the reactors. That area is almost inaccessible (is actually supposed to be completely inaccessible except in emergencies or maintenance during complete shutdown), and there's nowhere underneath the vessel to even be. It is sitting on short stocky support legs that are placed directly on the floor slab (at least ours is).TheRedneck

That's the scary part. The diagram they were showing on NHK TV showed the pumps and such they were working on were in the bottom of a building adjacent to the reactor building (separated by some distance that I'm sure wasn't to scale on their 'cartoon' diagram). They allegedly stopped work and evacuated from there, because of some up-spike in radiation. I don't recall which "unit" they were talking about (number 2? or number 3?).

In any event, if there were a full meltdown in that "units" reactor, which dumped onto the containment vessel floor and maybe flowed into the "suppression wells"; would that generate enough radiation (gamma presumably?) to zap the folks in the other building?

edit on 2011-3-25 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spelling, grammar, formatting, fix URL's, random positions of the Sun, Moon and stars, etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks!
That's exactly the map I recall seeing on NHK about this!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thank you very much. Fantastic answer. If I would remembered about the subduction, I wouldn't have had to embarrass myself. I have to wonder. What the hell were they thinking, putting a nuclear power plant in a siezmic zone like that?

Enhance

Fortunately, Japan no longer observes DST.

Ya, sad thing about it is, from the looks of things. I'd be surprised if they even have a clock left.
edit on 25-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

japan is on the plate that is above the subducting pacific plate.

now since parts of the coast of japan have sunk by meters that meant Both the pacific and Eurasia plates have lowered my that much will they spring back? the smaller 5mag quakes havent stopped. who knows whats going on down there.?

thanks redneck

edit on 3/25/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you and me both buddy, and dont worry about looking like a fool better to ask and be enlightened than go on not knowing.

what scares me is all the reactors here in the US there are several on fault lines!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
I think Japan sits on the plate that slides under the other so maybe that accounts for the shift & drop? Nothing but wild speculation as always, I don't like to be burdened with facts.

Well here is your burden

Japan sits on the top plate and is not getting sucked under the other plate, but what happens is the friction bends the plate down. When it snapped back up that is what caused the big quake and tsunami. It snapped and literally moved 8 feet east, but did not quite come back up to its previous height

An epicenter is usually a single point but in this case the epicenter spread out into an oval 500 km long... That produced this tsunami. I hope someone will upload the animation from NHK to youtube

This is an unusual earthquake and the tremors are long and drawn out and still going
edit on 25-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You can ask CAlifornia the same question: NUkes ona fault

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

yep, figured I was wrong there. oh well, had a 50/50.
now we know, and knowing is half the battle.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by randyvs

what scares me is all the reactors here in the US there are several on fault lines!!

Tell me about it brother! I'm close to one that's built on a fault, and is right on the coast!
My house / San Onofre!
There's also "Diablo Canyon" further north along the coast, which is older than San Onofre.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Thanks! For the Record I'm a Brit Male living in the USA for 11 years. I was living in the UK when Chernobyl disaster unfolded and I'm having daja vu! The same sort of drip feeding of information and misinformation.

It was suggested afterwards that some of the fall out blamed on Chernobyl was actually from the "Windscale fire"

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

It seems that this sort of thing is always covered up!

With all the verifiable information on this thread why isn't any of this being reported on CNN, BBC or Sky News?

top topics

<< 319  320  321    323  324  325 >>

join