It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 319.htm
<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
press conference starting NOW correction not 3,900 Bq/kilogram.... but 3.9 MILLION Bq/kilogram...

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
WTF is up with the mid update huddle on NHK?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Water at Unit Three ten thousand times more radioactive than cooling water in an operating plant.

NHK satellite still showing baseball.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

If the temp was actually increasing then their is probably significant cladding separation, and most likely film boiling, of course the most likely answer is that localized heating and the placement of the temperature monitor are not giving us anywhere near the temperature measurements of the cores themselves ( for example the heat sink on your computer my be 85F or 90F degrees to the touch but the surface of cpu per unit area is hotter than the surface of the sun ) and after the waer started to circulate a more average total temp was derived

A thing to note in this regard is that the non-explosive release of xe and cs seem to need temps around1100C for xe and 1000C for cs to be released from oxidized uranium and perhaps 100 degrees more apiece from unoxidized uranium .
Since we know we have CS and XE are being released at least portions on some rods are dangerously close to flash-over temperature (1200C) where uranium dioxide can react with zircaloy to make zirconium which will react violently with water at that same temperature ( another reason one might see a temperature increase ).

it's probably why we are seeing the back and forth with the steaming/smoking / we have it under control merry-go-round,

looks like nothing they can do is going to be anything more than balancing this thing on a pin until they can get it covered , it exhausts itself , or something finally manages to melt through the bottom of the containment

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Press conference...
www.livestation.com...

Seems there are still issues at #5 and #6 they needed to replace a pump at #6...

The rest was just more we would LIKE to get power going we would like to switch to fresh waters etc... then he started about the workers...

I guess he read something in his notes he did not like as he interrupted the speech to consult with his staff

When he came back he admitted that radiation management at the plant was flawed and more important... he mentioned that while the water feeding from the boiler(reactor) to the turbines is radioactive, it is normally in secure containment... however the presence of this contaminated water where the workers were indicates that there is 'damage to the nuclear fuel' (from translator)

So #3 reactor containment is confirmed damaged. Hopefully this will be followed up soon in other news sources

edit on 24-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If it is corium those guys are walking dead, (and I remember watching that clip when it was on T.V. the first time..I wonder if fukushima is going to start a 'wall' for the people that start having "heart failure" )

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The dreaded number #3.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Water at Unit Three ten thousand times more radioactive than cooling water in an operating plant.

Yeah this water is in the other building where the turbines are so that means its leaking out of the system. I also noticed that when the NHK reporter summed it up after the conference she changed what he said...

I think we should send the troops in there to contain this mess and to hell with Libya for now

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We got 'em into a mess with steam power and battleships, because they look up to us.

Now we got 'em in this mess, and your right.

We're gonna have to get them out- of this mess.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Chakotay because: We are their big brothers-- we have to help.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Reactor 3 exploded violently and seems to be severely damaged. 10,000 times normal! How about a little context? What would cause the water on the floor to be 10,000 times normal radiation. Is this a "damaged" reactor or a reactor that is in full meltdown?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

HAARP/Tesla tech could be used to project a plasma based shielding around the plant, locking the radiation in. Or possibly even cease the fission process. Not that we really deserve such technology with our primitive mindsets to 'need to' construct such plants in the beginning though..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The production of molten slag (radioactive lava) from melted down core material burrowing out of containment (see chakotays corium vid on the previous page)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If the radioactive water leak is in the turbine building then it could very well be from pipe damage due to the quakes from earlier. Were those yesterday or today? It's all starting to run together.
edit on 24-3-2011 by ethancoop because: adding the word pipe

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A thermal signature that would greatly exceed the already overburden core/control rod/emergency cooling specs in a reactor core NOT DESIGNED FOR MOX TO BEGIN WITH,
IF:
a) more plutonium than spec is in the rods

b) the plutonium is exceedingly "lumpy" ( lots of clumps of plutonium in the uranium like peanuts ina candy bar )

a) would equal rapid (beyond spec) heating
and b) would equal localized heating in the rod causing rodbreak down

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Reactor 3 exploded violently and seems to be severely damaged. 10,000 times normal! How about a little context? What would cause the water on the floor to be 10,000 times normal radiation. Is this a "damaged" reactor or a reactor that is in full meltdown?

It appears that this is water that made it out of the containment loop. I'm understanding it to be water that ran through the reactor itself then leaked out in the turbine building and eventually ended up in this lower level where these guys came into contact with it.

I read earlier that these guys weren't wearing boots which indicates nobody was expecting them to run into anything bad where they were at. You wouldn't be doing that in the main reactor building which leads credence to it being in another building & as I understand it the turbines are in a separate building than the reactor itself.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Time to invest in hydroponic farming systems for Japan...

I always wondered why Army experimented with them and got told to SHUT UP...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here's what I've been pondering over...maybe you guys can help me understand this.
17 Workers
Exposed to over 100 millisieverts...
Max cumulative allowed for emergency workers is 250mS
Radiation in Puddle was 400 mS/hr
Radiation in Air was 200 mS/hr

The three workers reached the highest level of millisieverts recorded so far, Tokyo Electric said. The two admitted to the hospital were a man in his 30s who was exposed to 180.7 millisieverts, and a man in his 20s who tested at 179.37 millisieverts. The third man, who was exposed to 173 millisieverts, did not go to the hospital, as his boots were high enough to cover his skin, Tokyo Electric said.

Source edition.cnn.com...

Micro-sieverts: 250956 μSv

Milli-sieverts: 250.956 mSv

Sieverts: 0.250956 Sv

CPM: 25095600
Comparisons
Symptoms of acute radiation (within one day)

Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.

Source radiation.fusionbureau.com...

Here are my questions...
Are there only the 50 workers rotating & how long are they allowed in each time?

So if allowed in for 30 min at a time that's 48 people a day...for how many days now?
(not sure what the rad levels have been each day since everything keeps changing)

How could no worker not have exceeded there 250 mS Cumulative Max, with the Puddle
being 400 mS/hr & 15 min = 100 mS/hr...& Air at 200 mS/hr & 15 min = 50mS/hr ?

Thank You to ALL for this education! Zorgon you are Wicked Scary!! in a good way. I'm very thankful for ALL the information!

Ektar

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Forgive me for not knowing exactly how the nuclear facility is laid out -
could you tell me what they normally do in the turbine room - is that
the room where they have a lot of the controls? I take it the turbine
room is usually pretty safe from outside influences such as
water from the reactors. If I have any of this right, which I doubt
I would look for this to become a very dangerous place for any
human to be in - then what?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by ethancoop

Forgive me for not knowing exactly how the nuclear facility is laid out -
could you tell me what they normally do in the turbine room - is that
the room where they have a lot of the controls? I take it the turbine
room is usually pretty safe from outside influences such as
water from the reactors. If I have any of this right, which I doubt
I would look for this to become a very dangerous place for any
human to be in - then what?
Daisy, the steam generated by the reactor passes through piping to the turbine room where it causes the turbines to spin; these are connected to the generators that produce the electricity, then the steam goes through a condenser/heat exchanger where it cools enough to become water and is pumped back to the reactor; the circulation pumps used to do this also cool the reactor core during shutdown;

These men were laying power cables to supply the pumps; something in the loop inside the turbine building has started leaking the contaminated water from the primary loop...
not good at all...

seeker

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

aquaponics is huge in china and Aus. a much safer way to grow food especially in todays contaminated earth.

Aquaponics is a new type of farming which relays on the symbiosis between the plants and the fish. This means that the fish provides the plants the necessary food while the plants, by feeding on the fish's excrements clean their water, thus making their environment a "comfortable" home. Because the fish are highly sensitive on chemicals, but also because they provide the plants with all the nutrients they need, there will be no need for you to use any pesticides or fertilizers to make your plants grow bigger and stronger, thus obtaining fresh, healthy and organic veggies without too much struggle.

edit on 3/24/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

top topics

<< 316  317  318    320  321  322 >>

join