It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 301.htm
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Operator of Fukushima nuke plant admitted to faking repair records

"The operator of the Fukushima No 1 plant submitted a report to the country's nuclear watchdog 10 days before the quake hit on March 11, admitting it had failed to inspect 33 pieces of equipment in its six reactors there."

That's just brilliant. Can all people involved be sentenced to 10 years + in jail please?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Yeah, I mentioned the transmutation earlier. In carbon (graphite) it apparently displaces atoms in the lattice structure, though... the neutron is simply absorbed creating an isotope instead of a transmutation, but the extra energy it imparts to that new isotope means it can't align to a lattice structure any more.

It may turn lead into gold... but it turns graphite into dust. Dust doesn't work as well as a moderator as solid blocks of graphite, especially if it is flying off as part of that black smoke.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
I must say, I was surprised to hear him going on about a massive increase
in jobs being created in Japan...something about a new career explosion?

Well it would seem that rebuilding all that damage WOULD have a side effect of creating a lot of jobs in construction etc... They announced that earlier that the rebuilding would boost the job situation and the economy once things settled down and IF big IF they solve the nuclear incident.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Oh I'm not suggesting a weapon! You can make a laser out of a handful of atoms, these beams they are detecting aren't terribly strong, they could very well be the result of random lasing of neutrons. Lasers occur in nature, on the small scale a lot, but one macroscopic example would be a black hole, they have natural lasers along an axis spewing out of the blackhole. I am suggesting these beams are a natural phenomena, and I am suggesting a scenario that could produce them without it being a secret weapon test

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Operator of Fukushima nuke plant admitted to faking repair records

"The operator of the Fukushima No 1 plant submitted a report to the country's nuclear watchdog 10 days before the quake hit on March 11, admitting it had failed to inspect 33 pieces of equipment in its six reactors there."

That's just brilliant. Can all people involved be sentenced to 10 years + in jail please?

I would HOPE that when the glowing dust settles that some heads will role after this... Head of TEPCO will have a lot more to answer for than his apology to the survivors

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
USJ-TAX is an acronym for US-Japan Cold Neutron Triple Axis Spectrometer, a crystal spectrometer which uses a continuous neutron beam.

It is developed as a collaborative effort of scientists from the leading US National Laboratories and an international group of prominent neutron scattering experts, aimed at designing and building a new high-flux inelastic neutron spectrometer at the new Cold Guide Hall of the High Flux Isotope Reactor at Oak Ridge. This effort is led by the physicists from the Neutron Scattering Group (and former Center for Neutron Science) at Brookhaven National Laboratory. The USJ-TAX is part of the US-Japan Cooperative Program on Neutron Scattering, including scientists of the Neutron Scattering Science Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the Neutron Scattering Group at BNL, and the Neutron Science Laboratory, Institute for Solid State Physics, at the University of Tokyo.

More...

neutrons.phy.bnl.gov...

Des

link   

Neutron beam observed 13 times at crippled Fukushima nuke plant

TOKYO, March 23, Kyodo

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after it was crippled by the massive March 11 quake-tsunami disaster.

TEPCO, the operator of the nuclear plant, said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 kilometers southwest of the plant's No. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour and that this is not a dangerous level.

The utility firm said it will measure uranium and plutonium, which could emit a neutron beam, as well.

In the 1999 criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant run by JCO Co. in Tokaimura, Ibaraki Prefecture, uranium broke apart continually in nuclear fission, causing a massive amount of neutron beams.

In the latest case at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, such a criticality accident has yet to happen.

But the measured neutron beam may be evidence that uranium and plutonium leaked from the plant's nuclear reactors and spent nuclear fuels have discharged a small amount of neutron beams through nuclear fission.

==Kyodo

Link

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Try saying it out loud.

"new career explosion"

link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've read bitbytes posts...
They used that photo to make people think the control room is still intact, and that parts of it work, like the lights for example. Those photos are BS, the radiation alone would prevent taking such clean photographs and create random artifacts in the picture, it would SCREW with the sensor used for taking the pictures with; they do not fare well with radiation, as was demonstrated earlier in some photographs taken via helicopter a large distance away from the facility compared to where that control room is. Why no artifacts?

Don't fluorescent tubes light up if they are being irradiated? Those lights being on don't even necessarily prove that there is even power, it could be so radioactive in there that the lights have literally turned on without the help of a powered ballast, LOL.
edit on 23-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
"new career explosion"

I hear that the new jobs provide free hazmat suits

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

no, you have to make them yourself. The materials and thread for it is free! Thank god they don't charge you for your own uniform for the job like some employers do!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Video posted today.
First part (daytime) is from March 22, second part is from March 18 (night time)

edit on 23-3-2011 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
Why no artifacts?

Yes very pertinent question

Don't fluorescent tubes light up if they are being irradiated?

Yes they do... I used to light them up with the 1000 watt linear amp on my CB set in my car... it was great for setting up camp

So that means either they are not being honest, or there is no radiation on site...

I know which one I would pick
edit on 23-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

It's easy to make a neutrino beam. Just drill a hole in the side of a functioning, (or melting down,) nuclear reactor and you have a pretty blue neutrino beam.

It's finding a way to make this transportable so it can be used as a weapon that interests DARPA.

Most likely some seals have given way in the pressure chamber, and now this stuff is streaming into the environment.

Keep it simple. There's no reason to believe this has anything to do with weapons.

The reason the PM was insisting TEPCO keep its workers there and clean up their mess, or at least appear to be trying to, may have been:

1. - He was panicked, realising early on the dangers this proposed to Japan in general, and to Tokyo in particular,

2. - He was pissed off at TEPCO for all their years of lies, accidents and cover-ups, or, (my suspicion,)

3. - He knew TEPCO had ignored the guidelines it had been given allowing it to only use MOX in one reactor, and was aware they'd been quietly using this dangerously volatile fuel in more of them.
- This would explain why the initial shut-down process did not work.

Any major release of plutonium into the atmosphere from breaching of reactors using MOX, in that location, is virtually a death-knell for the capital of Japan.

Whether or not more reactors contained MOX hardly matters now, however, as the "spent" MOX rods stored at reactor 3 have been left burning in the open like a bonfire.

edit on 23/3/11 by Kailassa because: adding fuel

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Soil sample taken at 5cm depth near plant... They say this cesium will remain in the soil for 30 years

And they have been telling people to wash veg, if it's gone in through the roots there is no getting the radiation out.

I'm convinced that some level of contamination has been going on for years due to reports on the plant. I wouldn't be suprised if they have been releasing water into the ocean for a long time too (the cheaper option) which could add to the mass fish and bird death speculations. We only know what these levels are now, nobody was checking them before. I also wouldn't be suprised if minor earthquakes across the world have been effecting other nuclear plants. Earth isn't happy and it's been trying to tell us all along.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I hear that the new jobs provide free hazmat suits

Sadly there will be alot of people jump on those jobs..

In fact as it was hinted at in other posts about the power plant using homeless workers etc.. to do the dirty work.
This is in fact a sad truth

Nuclear Gypsies – The subcontractors who do the dirty work

Thus, the vast majority of the nuclear industry’s labor force is comprised of temporary employees who work at plants for between 1-3 months at a time. These people are mostly farmers, fishermen or day laborers seeking to supplement their incomes or simply to get by. Some of them are homeless. They work mainly at nuclear power plants, but they also find jobs at nuclear fuel facilities (refining, processing, reprocessing and using plants), and at nuclear waste burial and storage facilities. The workers work twice or thrice a year at the same nuclear plant or move about to other plants. Thus, the nickname they have been tagged with by journalists, “genpatsu gypsies” (ie., nuclear nomads).

source

If you read that and then start looking for the "subcontractor employee" in the list of injured and exposed..starts to make a little sense

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's actually really cool, a cb radio did that! Well either way those fluoro tubes are about 20-40w it doesn't take much to light them up. That's from 1000W cb. That reactor has literally billions of watts of power; some of which is being radiated out as heat (which flir picks up as max on it's range). It would make sense these lights could easily get the power they need, just for being there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I heard somebody suggesting transmutation for gold fabrication? It would be radioactive! And the transmutation also goes further creating mercury instead...

The effect that things with lattices lose their strenght is called neutron enbrittlement. Everything in a nuclear plant deteriorates like ten times faster.

Graphite dampeners are most likely not used. It just makes a reactor cost more - and the presence of neutrons is just forgotten instead of effectively blocking them. Before it was a vital safety feature, but now it's tought that water is enought.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Styrge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger
And they have been telling people to wash veg, if it's gone in through the roots there is no getting the radiation out.

This is the part I don't understand... I am seeing snow falls in the region... and yet these vegetables are just being harvested over the last week? What am I missing here?

Earth isn't happy and it's been trying to tell us all along.

Rule #1 "Don't piss off Mother Nature... payback is a b..."

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by 00nunya00

I just watched the slow-mo, thanks for posting it.

I understand the corrosive effect that seawater has on things, but don't those shots of the tops of the buildings look a whole lot different than the early ones we saw after the explosions? Everything looks so dirty and brown, just on the buildings that have the roofs blown off.

That's not from sea water, that's from fire.

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join