It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 300.htm
<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Thanks for posting those Monica. I have yet to master getting non-ats media to show up in a thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
www.livestation.com...

VIDEDO right now of fire fighters douseing #3 on Mar 18 they say stopped on Mar 19

Regarding those fire-fighters ...

Minister Kaieda sorry for reportedly 'forcing' water-spraying mission

TOKYO, March 22, Kyodo

Industry minister Banri Kaieda apologized Tuesday over reports that he threatened to ''punish'' fire fighters if they did not carry out an operation to spray water toward a quake-hit nuclear reactor building in Fukushima Prefecture.
. . . .

The move came after Tokyo Gov. Shintaro Ishihara on Monday lodged a protest with Prime Minister Naoto Kan over the ''forcing'' of Tokyo Fire Department members dispatched to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to engage in an hours-long water-spraying mission and referring to ''punishment'' if they refused the task.
. . . .

Ishihara also said that equipment broke down because of the continuous mission, which involved spraying water toward the troubled No. 3 reactor building for 13 hours at a time.

This ties in with what a poster earlier in this thread reported hearing on Japanese television, a fire-chief speaking in the past tense of fire-fighters who went out to the plant, pointing out the contribution they had made.

I suspect the contribution achieved nothing but the deaths of unsung heroes and the destruction of fire-fighting vehicles.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Confusing, I know!!!
And in the second photo one of them is on the phone!!!

I notice a few things...

They don't have a Geiger counter with them... at least they are not showing it. In the Chernobyl visit they showed the readings as they went in.

They are looking at the instruments but they are not showing us any instrument faces. Instruments need power to operate. even if a phone line is separate, the panels need electricity

I am not buying this

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
More Bad News

About that radioactive waste into the Ocean...

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said fuel rods at its Fukushima Dai-Ichi power plant have been damaged, releasing five kinds of radioactive material and contaminating seawater nearby.

The acknowledgements from the utility indicate poisons emanating from the plant may be spreading through the air and sea, raising concern over the safety of seafood from the coast of northeastern Japan and agriculture in the region.
www.bloomberg.com...

Iodine-131 was detected at 127 times normal levels from sample water taken at 2:30 p.m. yesterday, while cesium-134 levels were 25 times normal and cesium-137 was at 17 times normal, Tepco said on its website.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Okay - I admit to having a horrible sense of humour.
edit on 2011/3/23 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I notice a few things...

They don't have a Geiger counter with them... at least they are not showing it. In the Chernobyl visit they showed the readings as they went in.

They are looking at the instruments but they are not showing us any instrument faces. Instruments need power to operate. even if a phone line is separate, the panels need electricity

I am not buying this

And with that I think you have hit the nail on the head! I think they were there to check readings, just not on the instruments, but on a Geiger counter. I think these pictures were shown to give the illusion of power.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Displace? Dude it changes the actual atomic structure of things. If you take a neutron beam and bombard a block of lead, you will get some gold. Therefore gold is a resources only limited by the current limitation of neutron beam sources, they are expensive and therefore we can't make lots of cheap gold. But if energy were cheap enough we could. Same story applies to high quality clear diamonds, we can make them, and only recently for less than a natural diamond of the same molecular quality.

It changes the NaK inside that california experiment reactor into a physically different substance that gunked up moving parts and crippled the cooling capacity of the system.

Bombard an atom with a neutron and sometimes the atom absorbs the radiation by absorbing the neutron! Then depending on the atom made, it may decay radioactively into other substances. The chemistry can get a little less predictable in the presence of strong ionizing radiation. I bet you radiation of certain types on certain molecules makes novel molecules that cannot be easily made otherwise; perhaps that gunking by-product of the NaK is just such a molecule? It is possible. Is it possible that some random lasing of neutrons via certain random nano-scale features is taking place, then there would be random BEAMS detected? Whatever the case is the material inside the reactor is not the same material that was put there when it was built, there are many things that have changed since then.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
Picture taken yesterday from control room at n.3

From reuters.com

I am suspicious of that photo... here is why...

...pics here
I suspect that they used an old image to show us and claim it is a current image

OMFG does EVERYthing have to be a conspiracy/coverup? What possible reason would there be to fake a control room?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
JUST ANNOUNCED

Soil sample taken at 5cm depth near plant... They say this cesium will remain in the soil for 30 years
www.livestation.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The pics in the series showing the spent fuel pool... the ROOF is intact so those images are from BEFORE the explosion.

It says FILE in the lower right corner so yes these are old photos.

The other thing that got me in general was the mess in the control room, not exactly a clean room environment.

Don't forget there was a major earthquake.

I'm not sure I follow you regarding the clock though

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

LOL, awesome.

Flashback to my childhood! That's blowing my mind. I LOVED that song.

link   
Well, Ive been quick to jump in on this thread and brand some peoples views on this situation as unproven and therefore outright speculation.
When Im wrong I hold my hands up , I apologise (U.K sp) . It does look like that everything people have been saying on here is starting to come true. I never thought I would see the day when Im shown a report from a news agency that mentions the word Neturon Beam likes its just a cumulus cloud.
I dont know what one is but it sounds like something that would be fired across space in Star Trek.
I really do hope this goes away but if it doesn't then god help everyone that it effects , its always average Joe who suffers. What a crazy crazy world we live in , I think we'll only be truly at peace when we've destroyed the damn place.
Ill check back on here for an update because the U.K media is far more interested in Libya , the budget , the death of Liz Taylor (R.I.P) and John Terry's reinstatement as England Football captain.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

look it's eddie's favorite drag queen brigade!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

You know,your Idea about the use/testing of a Weapon in there isn´t that far fetched...Didn´t they refuse to let Foreign Experts in there to help? We all know by now that they are hiding something...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Will you guys please find something I can report about that is good news? Please?
TheRedneck

Okay...

The owner of a seafood production facility was trapped in Tokyo since the quake and came to his town to find his factories are destroyed. He did find that his workers, who were in company housing on high ground were all alive. He also got a subsidy from the government and was able to tell his employees that they would get their paycheck and he has arranged for contractors to start rebuilding plans. He figures to be back in operation fully in 5 years

I will post his name and picture next cycle when I catch it

www.livestation.com...

And in further news ... this company will be producing a totally new line in seafood, fillets of 3-eyed glowfish and buns with hot sting-neutrino-ray stuffing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Could that be from the [Size=4] 600,00 Spent Fuel Rods?

People familiar with the plant said there are seven spent fuel pools at Fukushima Daiichi, many of them densely packed.

Gundersen said the unit 1 pool could have as much as 20 years of spent fuel rods, which are still radioactive.

We’d be lucky if we only had to worry about the spent fuel rods from a single holding pool. We’re not that lucky. The Fukushima Daiichi plant has seven pools for spent fuel rods. Six of these are (or were) located at the top of six reactor buildings. One “common pool” is at ground level in a separate building. Each “reactor top” pool holds 3450 fuel rod assemblies. The common pool holds 6291 fuel rod assemblies. [The common pool has windows on one wall which were almost certainly destroyed by the tsunami.] Each assembly holds sixty-three fuel rods. This means the Fukushima Daiichi plant may contain over 600,000 spent fuel rods.my.firedoglake.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Don't forget there was a major earthquake.
I'm not sure I follow you regarding the clock though

The 'mess' being all the junk in the control room in the file photo before the quake. Looks like a very chaotic operation

The clock has the same time on it in the file photo as the supposed 'restored power current photo' In other words the photo is the same... so it wasn't a photo after power was restored

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

No no, those go home with him as pets. But he is introducing the best deal in shrimp around-----$3.99 for ten pounds! Only, it's one shrimp.

ETA: credit to "The Nanny" for that joke.

edit on 23-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit
OMFG does EVERYthing have to be a conspiracy/coverup? What possible reason would there be to fake a control room?

Its not a fake photo... it is a FILE photo as cripmeister pointed out...

what possible reason? ummm

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Okay - I admit to having a horrible sense of humour.
edit on 2011/3/23 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Yeah that is pretty bad, some things are looking up over there though.

I Worried about my Japanese friend following the earthquake,
I tried his mobile and - miraculously - I got through.

I must say, I was surprised to hear him going on about a massive increase
in jobs being created in Japan...something about a new career explosion?

top topics

<< 297  298  299    301  302  303 >>

join