It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 298.htm
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Neutron Beams

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:nzfM1fU3AuIJ:www.nupecc.org/report97/report97_astrobib/node15.html+what+produces+neutron+beams&cd =3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

And....guess who....

TOKYO, July 16 (UPI) -- Japanese-led researchers say they've created the strongest neutron beam in the world, enabling the exploration of laws governing all matter in the universe.

The creation of the beam is the first major experimental achievement at the Radioactive Isotope Beam Factory, part of the Japan-funded Riken Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science near Tokyo. Researchers said the new beam can achieve in eight hours what it would take other scientists more than six months to accomplish.

The scientists said the neutron rich isotope beam of neon-32 fires at 60 percent the speed of light and can explore a region of the nuclear chart where standard laws of nuclear physics break down. Populated by highly unstable neutron-rich isotopes, the region, known as the "island of inversion," is thought to offer clues about underlying laws governing all matter in the universe, the researchers said.

The study that included scientists from China, Germany and France appears in the journal Physical Review Letters.

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I saw only that news sourced on previous page - not a long story.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Styrge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Is it possible that the reactors ALREADY went bang days ago and we are being drip fed false reports and old pictures etc? Is it even possible that the rectors blew CAUSING the earthquake and tsunami?

I sometimes get that impression that we are being prepared for the whole of Japan being devastated and high radiation floating around the globe - with a HOT summer coming.

I don't know what to think anymore ... It's like a see-saw - hotter, colder, hotter, colder, spray on, spray off, smoking, not smoking. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny. Like a panto - he's over there, look behind you!!

I'm sorry - I'm not expert enough to comment technically, but it's REALLY serious right? and it's way past getting better?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I noticed that too.

All of the lies and cover-ups, this whole catastophe is just mad I tell you.
From the stored spent fuel rods, which I first read that in a New York times article tucked in nicely on
the SECOND page, where no one would read it.

I could not believe my eyes. When I mentioned it to The Redneck, he was not even aware of that!

Lies, lies all damned lies.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Is it even possible that the rectors blew CAUSING the earthquake and tsunami?

No, because the issue was caused by the quake and tsunami knocking out the generators to circulate the water. Besides, if a plant could blow like that (which it can't) there would be nothing left of it. Also in an explosion most of the force is blasted up and away, taking the path of least resistance, and couldn't cause a Tsunami, and even if it could, the tsunami would be going the other direction, away from Japan.

I agree 100% that we've been fed little tidbits, not the entire pie, and the name of the game, like chernobyl, is minimize. And it's worked, front page? Libya, nothing about Japan, BBC? hope you have glasses to find the tiny little Japan link.

what a crock.
edit on 23-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Latest TEPCO replease (from about 5 hours ago, no English version yet) ...
News and conditions in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Plant (currently 9:00 pm, March 23) [Japanese] [Google-Tranlated to Engrish]

Last available TEPCO release, that was available in English ...
Status of TEPCO's Facilities and its services after Tohoku-Taiheiyou-Oki Earthquake(as of 5:00PM)

Latest NISA releases (English) ...
Seismic Damage Information (the 46th Release)(As of 19:00 March 23rd, 2011)
Conditions of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 1 (As of 18:00 March 23nd, 2011)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thats OK then - I hadn't thought about the tsunami wave going the opposite way.

Unless the wave bounced off the giant genetically-modified radiation-mutated toxic whale

edit on 23/3/2011 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Just go back about 2-3 pages of what happened last night. The black smoke is STILL GOING as per NHK right now live

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.livestation.com...

VIDEDO right now of fire fighters douseing #3 on Mar 18 they say stopped on Mar 19

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by burntheships
Full Scale cover-up. Those pics are proof. Good work Zorgon!

Tepco said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 km southwest of the plant's Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour.
search.japantimes.co.jp...

Escalated, just a wee bit huh???

WTF? Coverup? Look at that statement!!!!

Neutron beams from Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13

They have been recording neutron beams all along

edit on 23-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Hold on, isn't today March 23rd?
Maybe, something should've been indicated earlier, just maybe.

This should definitely be rated a level 6 by the IAEA, but is still rated a 5, or is this considered 3 level 5 events (for reactors 1-3), and a level 3 (for reactor 4)? I would think that this would be all listed as one event.

There has only been one level 6 recorded so far, at Mayak

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

This one NISA PDF is what we really need TheRedneck and anybody else with industry experience to look at!

edit on 2011-3-23 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Formatting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No...no... black smoke decreased almost hard too see, not enough to cause harm and we are monitoring the situation closely....
Seriously though, Whyy not just admit it...sshhhh

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Japan will continue to build more nuclear power plants...

No Slowing Seen in Japan Nuclear Expansion

A top official at Japan's nuclear-safety regulatory agency sees no slowing in the country's campaign to expand atomic power, despite the battle to contain the world's worst nuclear crisis in 25 years, saying in an interview that the alternative is "blackouts."

"There aren't that many easy alternatives available for us," said Hidehiko Nishiyama, a former trade negotiator tapped to help deal with the Fukushima nuclear crisis, on Wednesday. "Japan couldn't go forward without nuclear power in order to meet its demand for energy today," he said.

Hopefully they build them far from the coast... and build more safety measures ...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
No...no... black smoke decreased almost hard too see, not enough to cause harm and we are monitoring the situation closely....
Seriously though, Whyy not just admit it...sshhhh

That was the previous smoke and radiation is invisible...

This was the smoke from last night... and that is still visible as of 10 minutes ago

This is the current status yet they say they abandoned last night. I have not heard if they went back yet.

Next round I will try to catch the fire fighter images. I really need to get a video recording program

www.livestation.com...
edit on 23-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OK, here's what I know about "neutron beams"...

Neutron emission is a hallmark of uranium decay. It is the neutron emissions that cause other nearby uranium atoms to decay as well, leading to the nuclear chain reaction. Essentially, the neutrons are driving force behind a nuclear power plant and are never supposed to be released into the environment. In contrast, the alpha, beta, and gamma radiation are all side effects of the chain reaction. Think of the neutrons as the engine on a train and the rest as boxcars... without the engine to get them started, the other cars won't move; without the engine to keep them going, the other cars will slow to a stop eventually.

Neutrons are of course neutral and have no ionizing charge, but that doesn't mean they are not dangerous. The neutrons emitted from a nuclear decay are very energetic. When they strike a nucleus of another atom, they are typically absorbed, but with a cost... depending on the atom it strikes, the angle it strikes it at, and the energy it has when it strikes, a neutron can do several different things... it can be absorbed and just sit there releasing gamma radiation over time; it can turn itself into a proton and an electron, changing the struck atom into something else (transmutation is the term I think); it can cause the atom to become unstable and emit the neutron again (sometimes with another neutron as well) or other radiation; it can cause that atom to split into two other atoms of smaller size, emitting more radiation as it does. So a neutron emission can lead to more decay if it strikes other unstable atoms or create a ton of alpha, beta, and gamma radiation.

Another danger is that hydrogen likes to grab that energetic neutron and hang on to it while it loses its energy through gamma emission. Hydrogen is the major component of water, so water itself does the same thing, absorbing neutrons and becoming a gamma emission source itself.

Now, the beam part of this is what worries me... as far as I know, neutron beams are DARPA technology. Particle beams were a part of the Reagan-era Star Wars plan for space defense weapons. Neutron beams specifically were never really demonstrated as feasible, mainly because the other types of beams using charged particles could be accelerated electrically while neutrons can't. Of course, a nuclear chain reaction does accelerate neutrons... so maybe someone has found a way to make a neutron beam weapon?

I'm wondering if this is not a Freudian slip by TEPCO. I mean, they were apparently playing around with MOX fuels containing weapons-grade plutonium, and now they are talking about a long-forgotten weapons term in regard to observed neutron emission? And we know for sure that TEPCO has been lying through their collective smiling teeth, further evidenced by the fact that such an observed neutron emission is another sure sign of exposed uranium. And they have been very closely and secretly working with the Japanese government, who are very close friends with the American government...

... yeah, I'm a conspiracist. But what if they really are out to get me?...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They are returning some seawater used to cool the reactors back into the ocean!

Originally posted by burntheships
[Size=4] More Of What They Are Hiding

Najmedin Meshkati, a nuclear environmentalist expert at the University of Southern California said to “Reuters.” ...
He wondered also whether or not the seawater being used to cool the dangerous reactors was then being dumped back into the ocean.

“This is now radioactive waste water,” Meshkati said. “Has there been any measurement of its radiation effect?”

While no other numbers of radioactive measurement have been reported, officials at Fukushima have confirmed that some of the water used to cool the reactors was returned to the sea after use.hubpages.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sure man I know, i was just trying to be funny I guess....

Ohh, after reading Rednecks post, i hope aliens exist and come down here and shave those spent and unspent nuclear fuels up nuclear lovers' private parts....

edit on 23-3-2011 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the article very much, and you already fixed it,
so thanks twice.

edit on 23-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I would suspect that neutrons are coming through a crack or opening in the containment at the top.

I know that certain materials a good neutron moderators, I would hope that the RPV and the containment are constructed of somewhat effective neutron shielding materials! Any openings or cracks would let the neutrons stream out. If the distance between the molten core and the cracks or holes in the containment is appropriate, it may tend to focus a beam like a pinhole camera would.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck Of course, a nuclear chain reaction does accelerate neutrons... so maybe someone has found a way to make a neutron beam weapon?

I'm wondering if this is not a Freudian slip by TEPCO. I mean, they were apparently playing around with MOX fuels containing weapons-grade plutonium, and now they are talking about a long-forgotten weapons term in regard to observed neutron emission? And we know for sure that TEPCO has been lying through their collective smiling teeth, further evidenced by the fact that such an observed neutron emission is another sure sign of exposed uranium. And they have been very closely and secretly working with the Japanese government, who are very close friends with the American government...

... yeah, I'm a conspiracist. But what if they really are out to get me?...

TheRedneck

Yeah the word "BEAM" perked up my ears as well... I had hoped it could be written off to a translation issue

Here is the 'state of the art' as of 1972 from White Sands

I HOPE we don't need to put beam weapons into the mix... because some conspiracy minded folk are already saying it was mad made

new topics

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join