It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 297.htm
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry at a press conference Friday morning, the day before the No. 1 nuclear power plant in Fukushima Daiichi TEPCO announced that it was found that the temperature of 400 degrees in a nuclear reactor.

That is not good. On the way to full meltdown.

400C : Above critical temperature of water and above boiling point of Boric acid... So yeah.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I can't just watch this anymore! By now it's clear that this is the new policy: to let the environment get polluted, to let the people die - to keep up an illusion that things could carry on as they were. Human race is destroying it's own habitat in so many ways that this kind of behaviour is actually nothing new, but now the consequences are much easier to see and take place more rapidly. The level of denial is unheard of. The Soviet Union did try to cover up Chernobyl, but they also did everything they could to minimize the emissions. The government of Japan has lost it's sense of reality.

Japanese people, revolt!

Go to the streets and demand P.M. Kan to hand over the control of the situation to unbiased experts. Even a single person with a sign could be the treshold that leads to correct measures.

These things should start taking place immediately:
- burial of the site
- free access for all foreign aid
- thruthful, non-dismissive informing
- wide evacuation

We have to start pushing to achieve these goals.

-All you willing to act: contact the experts and radiation protection officials in your country in order to get public statements for the necessity of an international intervention.
-Organized activists: start preparing a demonstration - not just expressing compassion for the victims - but demanding the world to take over the situation.
-Military personnell: address your superiors that you're willing to fight a common enemy (not to become a "hero" tough) and volunteer in operation to bury the sources of radiation
-Those with friends in media: recommend stories on how Japanese bride has gone too far - and I'm not sure at all that the whole nation accepts these sacrifices

This is no longer a matter we can trust the corrupted organizations to handle. Let's create some fuzz outside the internet also!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Can somebody tell me what this is ? Neutron Beams.. Does not sound good..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

Redneck might be online soon, lets see what he'll say about his?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonandStar

Thanks for the reply, Here is what was said about these Neutron Beams..

Tyler Durden's picture
Radiation Level At Fukushima Reactor No. 2 At Its Highest Level Recorded So Far, Neutron Beam Observed 13 Times

Link. zerohedge.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonbeams771
I have no idea what this is but it doesn't sound good.

Neutron beam observed 13 times at crippled Fukushima nuke plant

TOKYO, March 23, Kyodo Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant after it was crippled by the massive March 11 quake-tsunami disaster.

Even worse...

The utility firm said it will measure uranium and plutonium, which could emit a neutron beam, as well.

In the 1999 criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant run by JCO Co. in Tokaimura, Ibaraki Prefecture, uranium broke apart continually in nuclear fission, causing a massive amount of neutron beams.

...measured neutron beam may be evidence that uranium and plutonium leaked from the plant's nuclear reactors and spent nuclear fuels have discharged a small amount of neutron beams through nuclear fission

Source

The beams of neutrons are a clear indication of hole(s) in the containment vessel of the reactor(s). The energetic neutrons created in nuclear fission are escaping.

When they say "observed" they probably mean visually observed, as pale blue light rays, (Cherenkov radiation).
This was also observed during a serious, fatal nuclear accident in Japan in 1999, and as a ray of blue light streaming straight up from the damaged reactor in Chernobyl. Once you see that light, your life is in severe danger from the radiation.

The damage being done to a huge area of Japan, including Tokyo, is mind-numbing.
Inevitably, the number who will slowly, quietly sicken and die over this, nuked by the hubris, greed and incompetence of government, "regulators" and industry, will far outweigh the numbers killed by Fat Man and Little Boy.

God help the children, who are far more susceptible than adults to radiation damage, and god help those yet to be born into an environment laced with plutonium, too much of which will still be there in 100,000 years.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I remain certain, that to Save Face, the Japanese government and culture would gladly feed the entire population of North 1/3 of their main island to a pit of tigers.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Is this thread dying, or did i just hit a slow moment?

No but sometimes we need to SLEEP

Anyway, here are the latest situation updates from:hisz.rsoe.hu...

Covered those as they happened live just a couple pages back

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry at a press conference Friday morning, the day before the No. 1 nuclear power plant in Fukushima Daiichi TEPCO announced that it was found that the temperature of 400 degrees in a nuclear reactor.

400C : Above critical temperature of water and above boiling point of Boric acid... So yeah.

You know, it would be really nice to be able to verify this with a link to the source (like the last 6 posts from this poster).

Editing the rest of my post because it's not worth getting a warning over someone who doesn't want to follow the same rules the rest of us live by here and get warned about every single time we screw up.
edit on 23-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
Picture taken yesterday from control room at n.3

From reuters.com

I am suspicious of that photo... here is why...

When they first showed pictures of the control room on NHK it was these images

Then later they showed these

Here is my problem...

The pics in the series showing the spent fuel pool... the ROOF is intact so those images are from BEFORE the explosion. Now look at the clock on the desk in this set... Shows 11:30ish

Now look at the clock in the first set... SAME TIME and there are NO WORKERS in the picture...

The other thing that got me in general was the mess in the control room, not exactly a clean room environment.

I suspect that they used an old image to show us and claim it is a current image

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well this just escalated a little. Black smoke, plus neutron beams - two for the price of one, how coincidental.

Considering we are made of them I'm not too sure how bad neutron beams are, I understand what they indicate would be instead be worse for us - not a controlled nuclear reaction cooling down like they say, instead I believe it indicates runaway criticality/meltdown to create such intense releases. I don't think they are standard operating proceedure, or we would've heard of them many more times prior. I'd guess that considering the smoke is central to the building, it is the reactor and not the scattered spent fuel. One thing to note is that if the rods are scattered, they are less likely to heat up and approach criticality from excess neutrons from other rods, so perhaps spreading them out during explosion is better than containing them close together in a boiled off, empty pool for the meantime. Also considering the size of the #3 explosion, the neutron beams could likely be coming from the blown top of the containment vessel.

Looks like this is it folks, more meltdowns underway. MOX for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Neutrons are non-destructive and highly penetrating, so they probe the interior of bulk materials, largely independent of the surface condition.

National Research Council Canada
www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...

edit:
I forgot about Slotins' accident with criticality involving plutonium half spheres. In short one dropped a small amount (few mm) onto another plutonium sphere and became supercritical, releasing a ridiculous amount of energy in the form of neutrons. A blue flash was observed like other similar incidents - neutron beams. It;s criticality and there's not any other way to sugar coat it.

The demon core and Slotins' accident - wiki
edit on 23/3/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
You know, it would be really nice to be able to verify this with a link to the source (like the last 6 posts from this poster).

I agree the source NEEDS to be quoted as per T&C

But the temp has been mentioned all last night and is a few pages back. It is also simple to paste that text into google and get the source, or one of the many copies

Fukushima’s Reactor 1 Core Reaches 400 Degrees Celsius
wallstreetpit.com...

But yeah FOLLOW THE RULES is a good idea...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Neutron radiation is often called indirectly ionizing radiation. It does not ionize atoms in the same way that charged particles such as protons and electrons do (exciting an electron), because neutrons have no charge. However, neutron interactions are largely ionizing, for example when neutron absorption results in gamma emission and the gamma subsequently removes an electron from an atom, or a nucleus recoiling from a neutron interaction is ionized and causes more traditional subsequent ionization in other atoms. Because neutrons are uncharged, they are more penetrating than alpha radiation or beta radiation. In some cases they are more penetrating than gamma radiation, which is impeded in materials of high atomic number. In hydrogen, a low energy neutron may not be as penetrating as a high energy gamma. Health hazards and protection In health physics neutron radiation is considered a fourth radiation hazard alongside the other types of radiation. Another, sometimes more severe hazard of neutron radiation, is neutron activation, the ability of neutron radiation to induce radioactivity in most substances it encounters, including the body tissues of the workers themselves. This occurs through the capture of neutrons by atomic nuclei, which are transformed to another nuclide, frequently a radionuclide. This process accounts for much of the radioactive material released by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. It is also a problem in nuclear fission and nuclear fusion installations, as it gradually renders the equipment radioactive; eventually the hardware must be replaced and disposed of as low-level radioactive waste.

source

Is it time to go from tin foil to lead foil

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Full Scale cover-up. Those pics are proof. Good work Zorgon!

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.

Tepco said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 km southwest of the plant's Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour.

Escalated, just a wee bit huh???

In the 1999 accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant run by JCO Co. in Tokai, Ibaraki Prefecture, uranium broke apart continually in nuclear fission, causing a massive amount of neutron beams

search.japantimes.co.jp...
edit on 23-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Am I reading that correctly? This is as bad as Chernobyl? Please someone tell me I'm reading it wrong.

It is getting worse by the hour... Last night when the black smoke hit and they ran for the hills, the level in the plant was 500 milliesieverts in #3. Must have been in the control room to make them evacuate but not sure on that yet

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Judging from what we already have heard from TEPCO and their govt, it has probably been that way for days, at least.

ABC news ran the story about the TEPCO boss visiting the people in the shelter this morning. Yesterdays news...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Full Scale cover-up. Those pics are proof. Good work Zorgon!

Tepco said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 km southwest of the plant's Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour.
search.japantimes.co.jp...

Escalated, just a wee bit huh???

WTF? Coverup? Look at that statement!!!!

Neutron beams from Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13

They have been recording neutron beams all along

edit on 23-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah, except he's not just stating the temp, he's quoting offsite content with no link or source. That's plagiarism, and ATS can get sued over it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Neutron radiation is the biggest sole reason that turned me strictly against nuclear power in the whole. You can't block it, so you obscure it. I'v been demanding measurements for years now, and this is the first time they are actually published!

So if neutron flux induces 0,01-0,02 µSv/h at the distance of 1,5 km from a sub-critical core. How much would the reading be for a working reactor?!

Those poor employees... Also background radiation increases due to activation around every nuclear power plant.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh, wow... I have to handle some stuff and you guys just let the neutrons loose.

Redneck is back... skipped a few pages, so can someone give me the Reader's Digest version? What's this about neutron beams?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join