It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 291.htm
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Exactly. It makes me wonder if they were doing some digging or something in the area of those old nuke tests to produce that huge 1000 spike a day or two before the quake. Y'all must be hearty and healthy if Ann gag-me-with-a-spoon Coulter is right!

Imagine an Earthquake splitting open that area

edit on 22-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

MAG UTC DATE-TIME y/m/d h:m:s LAT deg LON deg DEPTH km Region
5.1 2011/03/22 22:53:31 37.062 140.620 27.9 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
5.0 2011/03/22 22:51:38 36.924 142.333 30.1 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
5.4 2011/03/22 22:36:33 37.078 140.561 15.7 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
5.7 2011/03/22 22:12:29 37.109 140.673 1.0 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN

They just had 3 quakes within an hour all right near the plant... 5.1, 5.4, and the 5.7

Jeez there getting it bad lately.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

Originally posted by ljonesyuk
What information do people want or feel should have been reported?
Factual ? Speculation ?I've seen plenty of speculative and a little factual info but it seems that if the information released by the media doesn't correlate to someones expectations then it's not good enough.

Just to clarify ....... No ones died as far as we know as a direct result of radiation poisoning right? Mmmmmmm thought half of cali was meant to have gone down with it by now ?!?

I see your back again....

Well i heard a few firemen died..... and as the governments haven't disclosed autopsy reports on the Japanese yet, well i doubt there will ever be any done anyway...

Anyway.....move along, nothing for you to see here. This is for people above the age of 12...

So thats a no then.
I'll be sure to tow the company line from now on then on this forum , never realised an alternative view is not allowed . Geez , if I didn't know any better I may have thought it was turning personal, good job I'm not a keyboard cyber warrior eh.
P.s I'm not 12 , I'm 13 , 145 days and counting.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
Well this is new(at least for me). Acorrding to a Turkish daily newspaper, TEPCO sent homeless and immigrants to Fkujima to fight the leaking radioactivity. News papers source is German WDR TV. TEPCO also avoided the necessary reporting and checks af the plant some weeks ago. Forged false reports too..
GREEN CARDED KAMIKAZES( headline says)
Source is in Turkish though:
Source

That just sounded way to outlandish to be accurate. So, I checked-out that Turkish web-site.

They definitely make those "allegations", and definitely say that the "news" came from WDR in Germany. However, checking WDR's web-site, and running various searches - nothing remotely like that come's-up. Obviously, there are lots of references to Tepco, to the nuclear issues in Japan, to Fukushima, etc. (as we would expect from any news organization right now) - but, nothing about Tepco using homeless or immigrants for labor, etc. In fact, I could find no articles on WDR's site mentioning Tepco in combination with homeless, immigrants, or anything like that.

If someone who speaks German natively wouldn't mind checking out WDR's web-site, and confirming that, the contribution would be greatly appreciated.

So, for now - I'm calling this a hoax - on that Turkish newspaper's part.
What their motivation for that might be, I have no idea.

edit on 2011-3-22 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
So, for now - I'm calling this a hoax - on that Turkish newspaper's part.
What their motivation for that might be, I have no idea.

It’s called “Trying to stir up S%@#”

They have ulterior motives and are just trying to seed BS stories and stir resentment against a technology (or people) they feel threatened by and the people that support that technology (or people).

There is nothing different between it and the people that stirred up mobs to burn heretics at the stake for daring to say the earth went around the sun, or that the earth wasn’t flat.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet but I don't like it one bit:

IAEA tracks radiation leaks at Japan's crippled plant

Reuters) - Japan's earthquake-hit nuclear complex is still emitting radiation but the source is unclear, a senior U.N. atomic agency official said, as workers faced another day of struggle on Wednesday to cool damaged reactor cores.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) also raised concerns about a lack of information from Japanese authorities, as rising temperatures around the core of one reactor threatened to delay work.

"We continue to see radiation coming from the site ... and the question is where exactly is that coming from?" James Lyons, a senior official of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), told a news conference in Vienna on Tuesday.

Source:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hello,

If someone who speaks German natively wouldn't mind checking out WDR's web-site, and confirming that, the contribution would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't found it on wdr homepage. But I found an article on this german newspaper www.welt.de... , a guy made this statement on tv, the link has a picture of him.

What he said translated by google:
"They are often homeless. There are many foreign workers, there are minors even be there, to be there for years and then hired again if they have worked for a while and there are fairly exudes be fired. Disposable workers they have been called here in Japan. "said Hetkämper. The passing decades, he said.

Also, I saw something interesting on greenpeace germanys homepage.
They are claiming IAEA is hiding another possible hydrogen explosion at reactor building #4 on friday, check it out: www.greenpeace.de...

Rough-translate of mainpart:
On 18 March JAIF report at 1600 that hydrogen was formed. The status report for 2200, mentions a hydrogen explosion. JAIF reported the incident as "very serious" and classified it in the extreme "red" category. Measures are immediately needed. The report of IAEA doesn't mention this at all.
edit on 22-3-2011 by praise bob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
It’s called “Trying to stir up S%@#”

Yeah, I kind of assumed that. But, not sure what this News organization (if it really is one) has the benefit. Maybe it's the Turkish equivalent of the Weekly World News?

In any event, I just sent a nice e-mail over to WDR to confirm/deny the allegation that they ever said any such thing (on their TV stations, radio stations, or their web-site). Of course, I hope to hear back with a resounding "no", but it's also possible I won't hear back at all - not being one of their constituents.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not good!!!

Magnitude 6.6
Date-Time Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 05:18:47 PM at epicenter
Location 37.249°N, 143.956°E
Depth 26.5 km (16.5 miles)
Region OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 6.4
Date-Time Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 06:19:05 PM at epicenter
Location 37.334°N, 141.861°E
Depth 27 km (16.8 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 6.1
Date-Time Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:03:46 AM at epicenter
Location 35.786°N, 141.572°E
Depth 16.4 km (10.2 miles)
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 5.9 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 March 22 03:38:34 UTC
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Wertwog

Good points. However, it's incredibly ironic when I feel like I get better "news" analysis from The Daily Show, then from CNN, MSNBC, or FoxNews. It's not just more entertaining, they stab directly at the issues - instead of either side-stepping them or exaggerating them in one direction or the other.

edit on 2011-3-22 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, etc.

PS: Don't want to take this thread off-topic. There's another thread kind of about this type of thing here.

edit on 2011-3-22 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added post-script.

What makes humor work is that it always contains a nugget of truth, often presented in a surprisingly different context we find funny. That is why this is so funny Nuclear Energy Advocates Insist U.S. Reactors Completely Safe Unless Something Bad Happens

www.theonion.com...

I'll check out the other thread too, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Nuclear Energy Advocates Insist U.S. Reactors Completely Safe Unless Something Bad Happens

Define "Bad"

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Nuclear Energy Advocates Insist U.S. Reactors Completely Safe Unless Something Bad Happens

Define "Bad"

The Onion

"When you consider all of our backup cooling processes, containment vessels, and contingency plans, you realize that, barring the fact that all of those safety measures could be wiped away in an instant by a natural disaster or electrical error, our reactors are indestructible." Jaczko added that U.S. nuclear power plants were also completely guarded against any and all terrorist attacks, except those no one could have predicted.

I LOVE that part! LAWL!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

You have gotta be kiddin me - someone in the know makes an idiotic 1st grade statement such as
this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Strange... An hour ago my wife informed me there were three quakes around North Honshu - near the nuke plants.

She said they were over five on the Japanese scale, so that's a six plus on the Reichter Scale.

She also said there had been injuries and damage from them.

So what did I do? I checked online seismic information and got precisely nothing.

Confused.
- But also there were two or three fairly large quakes in Kyushu - near where I am. But again, yesterday when I checked there was nothing.

Are they censoring some of the data?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

If we were to see the "real news" of the world you'd be mostly bored, but sometimes, sometimes alot of us would get a bit fiesty and rebellious, so obviously, very few "real news" agencies are allowed to exist and those that do don't get much market share because all the other "fake news" channels are entertaining everyone so well

Why would anyone get bored with watching real news and getting the truth, doesn't make sense, back in the day I watched the news to get the news, no more, ATS and the internet are my news souces now. If people get bored they can always watch the mineless reality shows, American Idol and or Dancing With The Stars, good way to keep your head buried firmly in the sand. I choose to keep my TV off, that is what that off/on botton is for.

Oh dear, most "real news" is pretty boring most of the time, with some blazing exceptions now and again. I was once subjected to 48 hours of non-stop NPR. "Man finds wallet".... "Husband didn't do dishes" ... "Cat found in a tree, child sheds tears of gratitude". I mean what really defines news anyhow? It's all a matter of what editors and publishers think is "news worthy" and will sell their newspapers/website/tv show but that's a whole other topic. Big explosions and debatchery seem to get ahold of our attention, but if you really want to include ALL the "news" worldwide, I think you'd find yourself snoozing pretty fast.

I agree with you on the reality shows, I just don't find them engaging but lots of folks like to make themselves feel better about their own lives by watching complete strangers frakup, or find some strange vicarious thrill in watching losers make it big. I dunno. What is entertaining differs by culture as well.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Fighting the Fukushima Plant is like trying to fight a forest fire in the Gates Of Hell.

It's a total Kobayashi Maru...A no-win situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
6.0 hit right under Fukushima 7:30ish am Wed morning Japan time

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did this just happen? I'm starting to believe the claims in another thread about the HAARP machine causing earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Wertwog

You have gotta be kiddin me - someone in the know makes an idiotic 1st grade statement such as
this.

You've just demonstrated you didn't bother reading the post or click on the link. The Onion is a funny "fake news" site meant to satire traditional news sites. Funny... you know... hahaahahaha.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Wertwog

this.

Don't worry that was a satire from a comedy website called the onion. They make up stuff all the time to show the absurdity of things.

Werthog - this is why you shouldn't put stuff like that in a thread where people are scared and paranoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join