It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 268.htm
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Ugh... With edit adding more to breaking news.

NEWS ADVISORY: Edano seeks calm response to food shipment suspension over radiation (18:21)

BREAKING NEWS: No change seen in pressure inside containment vessel of reactor No. 3 (18:11)

NEWS ADVISORY: Cause of smoke still unknown, no injuries of workers confirmed: agency (18:06)

BREAKING NEWS: Gov't orders 4 prefectures to suspend shipments of milk, 2 vegetables (18:05)

NEWS ADVISORY: Smoke billowing above spent nuke fuel pool at No. 3 reactor: agency (17:59)

NEWS ADVISORY: Smoke billowing above spent nuke fuel pool at No. 3 reactor: agency (17:59)

BREAKING NEWS: No change seen in radiation levels at troubled nuke plant after smoke (17:49)

Says smoke billowing out above the spent fuel pool... seems they're pretty sure that's where it's coming from. Will keep posted...

Slight bit more to add...

URGENT: Grayish smoke seen billowing from Fukushima No. 3 reactor building TOKYO, March 21, Kyodo Grayish smoke was seen billowing from a building that houses the No. 3 reactor of the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station on Monday, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. After the smoke was spotted at the southeast of the building around 3:55 p.m., TEPCO said it had temporarily evacuated its workers from the site as it assessed the situation. ==Kyodo

KYODO mini-update on smoke billowing from Reactor No. 3
edit on 21-3-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: No change seen in radiation levels at troubled nuke plant after smoke (17:49)

Yeah right. Go put your nose in that cloud of smoke and see if the levels are the same.

WHO: Radiation in Japan food 'more serious' than thought

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I dont think they would be releasing steam. The whole point of that was to keep the top from blowing off....Which already happened. I am not too aware of how much fuel or what type of fuel is in the sector 3 spent fuel tank.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
CNN live TV confirming now that workers have been pulled from the site due to smoke from #3. Reporter is on live from Tokyo right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
till yesterday I read on various news agencies that there was some significant improvement in cooling the systems..than smoke happened..and its not the first time..all the time they announce stability the plant shows another story...this is fakin sick and one of the worst reported disaster..i now really start to think that nobody knows what the hell is happening including the workers.

Yesterday I saw the MAP from Meteo France showing radiation will engulf the whole planet including Europe so this xit is imp nonetheless...and i have a bad feeling about it since its obvious we are not being told the truth

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Supposedly the most recent photo of #3:

Looks awful, I'll be surprised if any part of the so called "spent fuel pool" or reactor left in there...

#2 and #4 are smoking pot too....phew..god help us all

edit on 21-3-2011 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes. It is making me [snip] sick as well - I'm in Japan and if we rely on the regular media we'd think everything was going fine. And since yesterday we can watch reps of the power company that own the Stuffed nukes on TV explaining how radiation isn't so bad - and get this! My wife (who is Japanese) watched as the interviewer and the reps said that the danger from the spent nuclear rods is minimal because they're .............. used up!

edit on 21/3/11 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
i just heard reactor 3 has plutonium rods...and if they melt down it would be high radiation levels...whats in the other reactors?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Associated Press - State Dept offers radiation antedote to workers

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110321/ap_on_re_us/us_us_japan_warning

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonandStar

According to Japanese authorities, once they restore power to reactor #3 everything should be fine. Reactor #3 must be a Transformer... More than meets the eye!

You know, a Transformer...robot in disguise?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by MoonandStar

According to Japanese authorities, once they restore power to reactor #3 everything should be fine. Reactor #3 must be a Transformer... More than meets the eye!

You know, a Transformer...robot in disguise?

lmao.

Reactor #3 building is almost completely gone now. Looks like it exploded again since last photo I saw of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Tokyo Fire Dept. halts spraying water after smoke at Fukushima No. 3 reactor

On the crawl at Kyodo News

This is in addition to and seems more serious than the earlier withdrawal of the TEPCO workers. The smoke reportedly has stopped at No. 3 but started at No. 2. Based on the circumstances of other such withdrawals, those managing work at the site presumably have reason to anticipate some major release or explosion. Hopefully the risk will subside and the order to resume work will be given.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When are we going to hear the results of testing for plutonium isotopes?

It's pretty obvious the MOX rods from the spent fuel in reactor 3 are burning, spewing plutonium isotopes which are going to drift right over Tokyo.

Most of the deaths will happen slowly, and silently, the Japanese have just nuked more of their people than the Americans ever did.

This is one disaster I've shed no tears over. The implications of what has happened are too mind-numbingly vast and horrific.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
NHK was just talking about the concerns on reactor #2 and that since the building is intact, they can't spray water into it, and it is a real problem since the building does not have electricity. The commentator then said that they will discuss that reactor more in a little while (why?).

I'm confused about this because they also said that they had opened the building, to allow for venting of hydrogen, to help prevent an explosion.

If they had to open the building up somehow to allow for hydrogen venting, why couldn't they open the building in such a way that they could also spray into such opening? Or, why can't they just spray into that opening that they currently have for the hydrogen venting?

Like really? I'm sorry, but I have been completely out of range from any wi-fi or media since very early Saturday morning, and just got re-connected about an hour ago and have been looking through ATS and the MSM since then.

Ummmm, can anyone explain to me how in the hell are some cruise missles in Libya more important than this?!?!?!

Isn't reactor number #2 the one that has the spent fuel rods? And it's smoking?!!!!!!?

Sorry for the ramble and all of the questions, but I am powerfully shocked this morning! Anyone?

NHK link - www.ustream.tv...
edit on 21-3-2011 by lasertaglover because: forgot to add link

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've been thinking all along no one has been truthful about the seriousness of the situation. They are NOT in control of reactors 1-4, no matter what they say.
edit on 21-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have just noticed that radiation appears to be rising at Shizoaka (80 - 106 gy/h within 5 mins), south of Tokyo.

Radiation Network

Hamaoka Plant

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
LASERTAGLOWER: did they say nro 2 is without power? Just yesterday it was propagated how they got the electricity in there. (Scroll back the thread a bit - it's repeated often how #3 is the MOX one and other things.)

The smoke from reactor three is due to the reactor core molten through the vessel - thats my clear insight. Steam - pause - smoke. And what will happen next according to this is that smoke turns pale and there is less of it coming out (as already happened), it's weak for three-four days (melting concrete) and then starts to build up white steam (from the moisture underneath). Same progress as in number two.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sorry but i just had to have a really BIG laugh at the TV....NHK Health sec (i think he is, the chubby one who always makes speaches wearing the blue jump suit)

Anyway, he said

'Milk and spinch will cause no threat to human health.....if only eaten a couple of times.'

OMG, this all started 10 days ago, with leaks from day one, and they ONLY NOW decide to tell their public of this ?
Spinach is there KING vegatable, they eat it in every meal !
As for milk, well we all know how much milk children drink .

This is discusting..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Styrge

Yes they did, and I did see that posted earlier, which is another question that I thought of after I posted the other questions (everything is questionable now, eh?)

They said on the broadcast at least twice that I can remember, that there was not power to #2.

edit: and all they have been showing since that specific commentator broadcast is video's and interviews from the tsunami, with absolutely nothing breaking, or additional to what is going on.
edit on 21-3-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
NHK was just talking about the concerns on reactor #2 and that since the building is intact, they can't spray water into it, and it is a real problem since the building does not have electricity. The commentator then said that they will discuss that reactor more in a little while (why?).

I'm confused about this because they also said that they had opened the building, to allow for venting of hydrogen, to help prevent an explosion.

The reactor buildings were built as containment structures, to prevent the release of radioactive gasses into the environment. Now we are being duped into believing these gasses are harmless, and there is/was no need to contain them.

Isn't reactor number #2 the one that has the spent fuel rods? And it's smoking?!!!!!!?

Each of these reactors has "spent" fuel stored in the same building, above the reactor. All spent fuel contains plutonium, but the fuel used and stored in reactor 3 is the worst, as that reactor used a fuel made of a mixture of uranium and recycled weapons grade plutonium.

new topics

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join