It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 253.htm
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by monica86

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
Now on Japanese tv (no link)... a hidden-identity interview with a worker who was in Fukushima reactor #1 when the 9.0 quake hit. After escaping, he states that he saw white smoke coming out of reactor #1 before the tsunami hit. This tells me the containment vessel in reactor #1 was first damaged by the quake itself.

Thoughts?
edit on 20-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

It could mean that the thorus was cracked by the earthquake, right?

However, the thorus is known to be cracked at n.2, not at n.1
Could it be that the person meant n.2?
edit on 20-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Actually I just thought... it could be that the worker was talking in general about fukushima "Daiichi" , which in itself translates as "number one" and not about a specific reactor within "Daiichi"
So it could be any of the 6 reactors, maybe for example n.4, for which I also heard some report of damage following the earthquake (but I can't find the link)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Then i heard about all the strange deaths that are apparently Hypothurmia, Yes i agree there will be high cases of hypo BUT there will also be high levels of radiation! Logic and sence tell you that ! And we know there will be no autopsy's on the ones that have died, so we will never know the total death toll from radiation.

I remember reading something on the live feed (although it was a while back and I can't seem to find it again) where they spoke of people suffering from hypothermia then mentioned symptoms like diarrhoea, which sounds more like radiation poisoning rather than hypothermia.

Hypothermia Symptoms

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Has it blown up , spreading radiation across the globe yet?? Getting kinda boring now , could do with some developments, it's not even making the second segment on sky news now.
I though the west coast of the u.s was meant to be toast by now ;-)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ljonesyuk

How very thoughtfull of you........

Sky news wont tell you anything other than how many missile's have been sent over libya...you could try reading this thread. You would learn much more...

Personally i give it another 24 hours and it will blow.....unfortunatlly !!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Some of what the Chernobyl workers were tasting - and still do today - was the lead they dumped into the reactor. The photographer in the doc also talked about gnashing his teeth and not being able to feel it. Not sure what that was the result of.

Ahhh.....yea no doubt lead fumes would be tasted.

What?! They dumped lead in? do you have a source for that? Surely you are talking about Chernobyl... I hope you are anyway.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Regarding the large number of deaths attributed to tsunami induced hypothermia:

I am neither trained in rescue medicine, nor relief operations, but it seems only logical to me that, if someone who has survived a drenching due to a tsunami arrives at a shelter, the first thing done would be to try to get that person some dry clothing, a blanket and something hot to drink.

I can understand that dry clothing might be hard to come by, given the scale of this disaster; however, given Japan's storied level of earthquake preparedness, blankets (even those flimsy, metalized mylar "Space-Blankets") and hot drinks should be readily available in every pre-arranged shelter.

And as anyone who has had to endure a packed subway car knows, many bodies in a given space can produce a lot of warmth.

And yet people are dying, days after the tsunami, from the effects of its cold waters, while ensconced in the relative safety of the shelters, be the shelters adequately heated or not?

Doesn't sound right.

Given the unlikelyhood that, due to the exigent circumstances, proper autopsies are highly unlikely for these "hypothermia" victims, I'd be interested in hearing the testimony of those who were in attendance with the victims during their final hours.

Ghoulish as it may sound,I'd want to knoww whether the "symptoms" attached to their passing were consistent with death by hypothermia, or radiation poisoning.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

The source is for example this documentary in 8 parts

I think it also says that all of the 600 pilots that dumped lead int the reactor died

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Whew, I thought for a sec you meant [Snip]-u-shima. My brain is over tired... need sleep. I hope they don't end up having to do that in Japan

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 20-3-2011 by sanctum because: Circumvention Of Censors

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Some interesting news.

latest situation update from:hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 48
On 20.03.2011 at 11:07 GMT+2

The Citizens' Nuclear Information Center (CNIC) urged the Japanese government to evacuate as quickly as possible the people currently staying within the 20-30 km zone from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plants, who have been instructed to stay indoors until further notice. These people should be far away from the nuclear plant that poses an increasing danger as large amounts of radioactive material might be released from Nuclear Unit No. 3, which is loaded with fuel containing plutonium, the CNIC said in a statement today. CNIC noted it has been urging the Japanese government to prioritize evacuation of pregnant women, infants and children. “We once again strongly urge the government to take these actions.”
It is also necessary to evacuate people from areas outside the 30 km zone that have been contaminated with significant amounts of radioactive materials “and we demand that the government proceed to a rapid evacuation.” The center added that a short-term stay in these areas for the purpose of rescue operations will not entail major risk. Meanwhile, progress to contain the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant experienced ups and downs Sunday as operations to cool down the boiling spent fuel pools by throwing water proceeded smoothly, while authorities at one point found the need to tackle the rising pressure in the No. 3 reactor's containment vessel.
Separately, the Ministry of Science and Technology said Sunday that a trace of radioactive substances such as iodine was detected in dust or rain drops in Tokyo and five other eastern Japan prefectures--Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba and Yamanashi--in 24-hour surveys through Sunday morning. But the ministry said there is no threat to human health.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Over at the dreadful GLP site (I only ever go there to check for new info) someone found and posted a link to documents apparantly released by the French wikipedia site all about the MOX fuel site. The webpage is in French but a little way down a SCRIBD document comes up and it's all in English. Documents are from 2001

view here

It's 40 pages and I haven't read any of it yet but thought some of you might want to see it

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Fukushima No. 5, No. 6 reactors stable after cold shutdown
english.kyodonews.jp

Spent fuel pool in reactors 5,6 are down to 36 degrees Celcius from 40 and 52 Celcius respectively.

Reuters live feed

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Some of what the Chernobyl workers were tasting - and still do today - was the lead they dumped into the reactor. The photographer in the doc also talked about gnashing his teeth and not being able to feel it. Not sure what that was the result of.

Ahhh.....yea no doubt lead fumes would be tasted.

I do a bit of DIY welding and as I was learning it warned if you got a sweet taste in your mouth it meant that lead fumes were present in dangerously high concentrations. Don't we learn fun stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

To the best of my knowledge the video first aired on ustream and a unknown Japanese site simultaneously to 4450 (approx) people on the 18/03/2011 at 12.45am central AU time, before it was "removed" and a version started to appeared on the news at about the same time the video was posted on you-tube a couple of days later. the video has not been shown on ustream since as far as i know......

I will take this opportunity to congratulate those still here on your efforts, dedication and sources and to let you know that i am still here with you all threw every page working on a slightly different angle behind the scenes on other related matters 18hrs a day every day.

I have been monitoring your weather forecasts from the beginning and Geiger counters since the beginning,will continue to monitor weather forecasts,however stopped monitoring Geiger counters approx 2days ago after taking first initial readings of the government supplied ones found many problems, as many here have brought up the problems associated with Geiger counters

Re-Gieger counters

if your still constantly watching these sites/charts and have not listened to the advice of those other posts here, please stop now! you really are wasting your time after an in depth look at these i was amazed how inaccurate and miss matched they really are after much wasted time i came to the decision they are about as accurate as an Aussie weather man paid 60k a year to get close but no cigar (for those that don't know some places here it can rain at night,snow in the morning,you can get burnt in the afternoon and be bailing water from your house in the evening after a flash flood).

Basically they are only a guide.... as stated by other posts.

also came to the decision after sourced many other ways the best way to determine for yourselves as Quick as possible would be to wait for 1. Official notification hmmm or 2. keep a close eye on your emergency workers to see if they start wearing masks etc, cause if you think about it, U.S Government are going to need them Emergency Workers to do what they gotta do and IF radiation ever gets to U.S.A and its harmful those emergency workers will be needed to keep angry civilians away from them, that said don't worry till then.

I can report that i have videos of people 14-16hrs ago either driving, walking and even bicycle riding around Tokyo,Chiba and (Yamagata (100km approx ) north of Fukushima ) amazingly most with out masks and seem to be carrying on as normal as much as they can this has helped me relax for now, cause we are a long way from them.

sorry for the long post but some of us really need to chill.--------- don't buy in to the hype.

source- Ustream -some from opinion a comment sorry,some buried in a hard drive, some unable to post eg videos not on you-tube.all available to Ats members upon request at a later date if required.

Apologies to --liejunkie01-- for extra added to your question not aimed at you haven't been able to post anything with a link, haven't posted enough for a simple u2u.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Anyone been watching the mini-documentry on NHK thats on now?

They got 'experts' on there talking to a panel (in japanese with translation) and the experts are playing down the effects of the spent fuel rods, saying as its been 'used' then it poses little or no risk to public health !

According to redneck and the others on there, they say that the spent fuel rods are the worst ones?

They are however saying that all the reactors are basicly shot, but they are trying there hardest to fix these problems.
They have 'stablised' 5 & 6 so far, and dont expect any more problems with those ones.

#3 is being filled with water still, electrics can not be fixed 'yet' due to salt (in the sea water) damaging the cables ect. But they expect to re-wire it all and fit new pumps. Although when asked how long this will take he said, 'well it depends on the extent of the damage when we can get near enough to see it'...

When asked if anyone has been effected by the radiation (even though they said it is all in the air, and been dispersed by the wind and rain) they said 'no, there have been no cases reported'..........hummmmm.

Has anyone else notice how childlike there information is? There little diagrames and models of fire engines ect.

I do find all this quite bazar.........

(cant link as on TV)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

I saw that to, you said what i was thinking

Nothing to se here, just go home and close your door, and forget about everything

edit on 20-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Want to know how ``good`` and ``safe`` the situation is in Japan?

Thousands Of U.S. Personnel Evacuated To Puget Sound From Japan

Thousands of U.S. military and Department of Defense personnel are being voluntarily evacuated from Japan to Seattle and Joint Base Lewis-McChord following last week’s earthquake and tsunami.

The USO said about 200,000 U.S. personnel are being evacuated from Japan to U.S. West Coast cities including San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle/JBLM.

Yeah, let's evacuate 200 000 people! It's all safe!
It'll cost millions of $, but what the hell!

Or maybe they are moved to the west coast because they know what's coming.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think its time to put your head between your legs and kiss your a** goodbye...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by iWokeUp

i remembered reading that the workers at the chernobyl reactor reported that they could TASTE the radiation.

i have always wondered about that. what do you suppose it tastes like?

I'll bet it tastes a lot like chicken.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp
I think its time to put your head between your legs and kiss your a** goodbye...

Slight over reaction .....
edit on 20-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Want to know how ``good`` and ``safe`` the situation is in Japan?

Thousands Of U.S. Personnel Evacuated To Puget Sound From Japan

Thousands of U.S. military and Department of Defense personnel are being voluntarily evacuated from Japan to Seattle and Joint Base Lewis-McChord following last week’s earthquake and tsunami.

The USO said about 200,000 U.S. personnel are being evacuated from Japan to U.S. West Coast cities including San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle/JBLM.

Yeah, let's evacuate 200 000 people! It's all safe!
It'll cost millions of $, but what the hell!

Or maybe they are moved to the west coast because they know what's coming.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)
Keep in mind that with any problems in the Koreas, Japan is our first point of reliance with regard to supplying our military, airlifting wounded to hospitals and ports for our ships. This is no small decision that our govt has made. Kim is certainly paying attention in NK, too.

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join