It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 242.htm
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Anyone been watching the jet stream the last two days, it looks like the a unusual air current is pushing down past Fairbanks....
Link weather .com

I wonder if this is the HAARP being used in an attempt to protect the US west coast?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

The fluctuations being seen are normal. To put it another way...
If there is any fallout from Japan crossing North America the radiation levels are too low to be detected by the EPA (or private) monitoring stations. It would require instruments other than Geiger counters to detect it. An analysis of the radiation spectrum would need to be carried out.
rpd.oxfordjournals.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

There is no "offset". It is the raw data. From the same source Unity_99 is using.
Unity_99 is comparing different types of data. Types which are not comparable.

edit on 3/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Perhaps I need to go look at the dates again? The EPA stated they had calibrated their deployed units to make up for the background levels. If that "background" level is peaking at full scale on the graph you posted that tells me any reading above that would be outside of the confidence level, Of course that is a former me talking, now I would say "dude your about to clip, turn it down." Then I would ask, how much did you turn it down by the way?

It is Sunny here in Columbus going to go out side and set up some photoghraphy.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I would disagree with Phage slightly and say that we are actually picking up slight traces of the radiation coming across the pacific. Almost undetectable amounts though. Nothing to worry about for now. It also appears that we are on complete "wait and see" status with Fukushima. I do not expect to hear anything out of there of significance unless it is really good news or really bad news.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah, everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along folks. They poured water on the bad reactor.

No offense, but I think I'll keep monitoring here. Have fun watching us bomb people.

TheRedneck

Star for you my friend.

I am officially in your boat, paddling with the few that remain.

It is too convenient that about 24 hours ago it was so critical that they were sending in brave souls to hose the place down. It may have helped, but I am a little more worried because of the media slant change on the situation and lack of coverage. It is almost like were are attacking Libya to take the spotlight off of the other problems...wink...wink.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

You're correct. The IMS has detected extremely low levels of radioactive isotopes. The EPA system is not capable of detecting these levels.

yosemite.epa.gov...!OpenDocument

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

There is no "full scale" for the graph. The graph scales itself to the data range. Note the graph for Tucson.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not sure if you've all seen this :

The entire fuel core of reactor Unit 4 of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant had been unloaded from the reactor and placed in the spent fuel pond located in the reactor's building

New Scientist

edit on 19-3-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: added info as quote

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Not sure if you've all seen this :

The entire fuel core of reactor Unit 4 of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant had been unloaded from the reactor and placed in the spent fuel pond located in the reactor's building

New Scientist

Hey TRedneck is this normal?

Do they put entire cores in the spent fuel pond all of the time? Or just in serious situations.
edit on 19-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: sorry grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now, Phage, why didn't you just say "Yeah, that's about right" to my post? That was essentially what I asked.

Some radiation, but irrelevant amounts far less than normal background radiation. No worry, no concern this side of the pond.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I totally, agree, yes the Libyan scenario, is I suppose important because oh yes, the oil flow has been altered, and the emphasis now is to go in there and fix it. This will not stop until we have boots on the ground, NATO, forces I presume. Anyhow it is pretty obvious this is a stunt to take the eyes off the Nuclear crisis in Japan. Its hard to imagine just last week Japan, got pounded with a 9.0 EQ and a tsunami, and alarming clouds of radiation is lingering over the northern portion of it, which is unprecedented of course!! This is so political it stinks of it, here in the USA, it looks like the TPTB, do not want citizens to be educated on the dangers of nuclear power, because it will hinder agenda's and make complexity when it comes to the nuclear power plants we have now, so ya lets wag the dog, and get all this news coverage on Libya, and I tell you, all I see on the MSM, are talking heads giving some stupid opinions about if, how, and what.

It really sucks because the real news is happening in Japan, yet since I am dealing with the only two news outlets AP, and Reuters mainly I am stuck watching recycled pictures of a desert and pictures of rebels and be reminded of star wars..

Anyhow its a little concerning the media is not:

A.) monitoring the radiation, in Japan, and into the USA.
B.) covering Japan, from the radiation to the EQ damage and tsunami damage.
C.) Not being aggressive to find the news, or the truth.

I am afraid more bad news is to come.

If I relied on getting my news from the MSM, I would not know anything, about what is going on. Just access to this thread has given me more information about radiation gamma, and so forth then the news or tv ever has. I understand the nature of radiation allot more, now.

I know how a Fission nuclear reactor works now.

If we followed along with what the MSM, was doing we would be excited about Libya. Quite honestly that is a campaign all about oil the traffic coming in and out of the ports have been cut in half, and it is scaring the EU, mainly. It has nothing to do with humanity, if it was all about humanity, all the PTB would be in Japan, trying to help..

Sorry bout the long reply, I am just annoyed, I am seeing the truths in the world..

Oh don't be surprised if we see nukes in Libya.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Somebody needs to come here and discredit Redneck, it appears he is unable to do so himself.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Because I was waxing pedantic? (Who? Me?)

I was stressing that watching the various monitoring stations is pointless if someone is actually trying to "track" fallout. They won't register it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yes, if they are preparing to load new fuel rods. I believe that was the published status of that plant before the quake... awaiting inspection?

The actual procedure is to remove the spent rods, transfer them to the pool, allow the reactor to cool, inspect the reactor, flush it if needed, and insert new rods.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I thought that was Phage's job...

reply to post by Phage

I hate waxing... had an ex girlfriend that did it once... looked extremely painful.

We were after the same point, just going in different directions to get there. As long as nothing shoots radiation into the Jet Stream, we have no issue here. It's a big ocean.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's a really good point. I have followed this thread the entire time(jumped over from the original earthquake thread.) In that time I have been utterly astounded at the mass confusion on radiation. I grew up in Hermiston, Oregon and we had the Umatilla Chemical Weapons Depot within about 15 miles of us. The weapons went through incineration while I grew up there and we were issued fallout kits(emergency radio, duct tape, etc. lol) which were still in use in 2002 when I left the area. Spending time monitoring radiation levels was a norm for people in the community. It really hadn't occurred to me that people were actually trying to "track" radiation instead of merely "detect" radiation. We can really only detect it and watch weather patterns to make an educated guess as to where it might be next.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is why I am going to eventually get my own dang geiger counter. I use to laugh at all of the people who wanted one. Now I want one. Just so I can get the real facts about my surrounding area. Here in the midwest, specifically in Illinois, there are a few reactors around. I want the realtime data. I have a hard time trusting other data posted, especially on the net, especially in the biased money hungry media. The only way I can get it apparently is to measure it myself. Then maybe one day I can post it for everyone to debunk, or laugh at the data.

I mentioned that I would throw in on a pool to aquire a geiger counter and have a member volunteer( hell I would do it), to monitor it and post it on ATS. Nobody even commented on the idea. I was serious. All we need is a P.O. box and the purchaser could show reciepts of the purchases.

The debunking part I am not specifically talking about you Phage. I love the facts you bring to the discussions.

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

I thought that was Phage's job...

reply to post by Phage

I hate waxing... had an ex girlfriend that did it once... looked extremely painful.

We were after the same point, just going in different directions to get there. As long as nothing shoots radiation into the Jet Stream, we have no issue here. It's a big ocean.

TheRedneck

What I am worried about now is the eyes of the world are turning elsewhere. With the history with disinformation this company has the only thing keeping them even partially honest was the fact we were all watching and thousands of folks checking on what they were saying. I don't think we can believe any "readings" that come from that source now. History will be the only accurate lens we will have into this and we shall see if anyone but innocent civilians and workers end up burning.

link   
NHK news lady just said:

melted fuel rods and fires in spent rods

* I find this a very disturbing confirmation!

I think we should enact laws that CEO's and shareholders should be the required frontline first responders to nuclear plant disasters, not fire fighters and civil defense personnel.

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join