It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 230.htm
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's in german,but very interesting.
What do you think?
www.grs.de...

Ach du lieber!!! Those are some big spikes.... but those readings are in microsieverts. Hmmmm

Thanks for the link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xfooln
Safety and Security of Commercial Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage: Public Report, authored by a National Research Council committee charged by Congress to investigate potential terrorist attacks on SNF storage facilities.

Finding 3C: It appears to be feasible to reduce the likelihood of a zirconium cladding fire following a loss-of-pool-coolant event using readily implemented measures.

And what are those readily implemented measures? I'm assuming since we know these measures that the Japanese do as well right? That makes it sound like it's no big deal, anyone can handle it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Scary huh...

Des

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Nice graph, wish I had an English version I could read instead of German.
But, then again, maybe I still wouldn't understand the content anyway - but may RedNeck, etc. at least could.

You don't need the English version bottom line of graph is event time and date, left side is level in micro sieverts

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
From this map...

There's 9 nuclear reactors in the ``hurricane zone``... 4 nuclear reactors on the earthquake/tsunami western zone. 28 nuclear reactors in the ``eastern tsunami zone``...but that doesn't really matter, because if such a tsunami were to occur (canary island) the whole eastern seaboard would be wiped out anyway...

And about 2 nuclear reactors in the New Madrid earthquake zone.

And in Canada, we have one nuclear power plant, built right on a fault line. (and it's 100km from me nice...)

Only one of five Canadian nuke plants sits on fault line

Hydroelectric-rich Canada has only five nuclear reactors, but one of them sits on an earthquake fault line.

That plant, the Gentilly 2 reactor in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, 90 miles east of Montreal, opened in 1983 and is currently undergoing a $2 billion upgrade by its operator, Hydro-Quebec. The utility, predictably, insists the plant is safe, even though its sits on the fault.

Gee, only ONE IN FIVE!! That's nothing, right?

Chernobyl-li ke burial Japan's final option for N-plant

TOKYO: Japanese engineers conceded on Friday that burying the quake-ravaged Fukushima nuclear plant in sand and concrete may be a last resort to prevent a catastrophic radiation release, the method used to seal huge leakages from Chernobyl in 1986 after a fire and explosion in the Ukrainian plant. It was the first time the facility operator had acknowledged burying the sprawling 40-year-old complex was possible, a sign that piecemeal actions such as dumping water from military helicopters or scrambling to restart cooling pumps may not work.

Well duh.

US State Dept.: US citizens in Japan should strongly consider departing.

Govt says a cooling pump is now operating at the spent fuel pool at the No 5 reactor at the Fukushima No 1 nuclear power plant.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I realize that I am replying to myself again..

But I think this is important and I made a new thread about this photo.

This thread moves way to fast and I feel that this information could shed new light on what we have all been looking for..... The truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Unity_99
Getting truth out now is going to be grassroots from people, it won't be from them.

The problem with that is you better BE VERY SURE your version is the truth before you go on a grassroots campaign because in THIS case spreading false info based merely on a belief is actually worse that what 'they' are doing.

Reminds me of a line from one of my favorite bands:

"Fist too tight,
Tongue to lose,
Up on a soapbox with my poor excuse
Everybody's got their version of the truth"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Chernobyl took 10 days?

The world survived Chernobyl

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, they do sort of look like this now, don't they?

edit on 18-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

If they seem to be uniform length... it's possible. Which building is that?

Whatever it is doesn't seem to be smoking or glowing hot. Not sure what to make of those.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What is the max temperatur, at a full meltdown?
I know the the melting temperatur, but would like to know the above question.

When the uran start to vaporize, and at what temperatur, and posible max temp?
If anyone have the answer, as my search only give me the melting temp.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
Exactly. your thoughts???

All about the same length, scattered around like sticks indicating they were not attached to a structure (no bent or twisted ones as you would expect of pieces of a solid structure). I would say you may be right

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Govt says a cooling pump is now operating at the spent fuel pool at the No 5 reactor at the Fukushima No 1 nuclear power plant.

Look! It's actually good news. I know that's not gonna change everything but at least it's something in a positive direction.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ethancoop because: fomatting issue again

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

apparently up again. Los Vegas is 165? Thats quite high.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the link is not working 99 can u fix it please

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
A big debate is still underway (and probably never will really be settled) about the disposal facility being built in Nevada, because of water systems around the area.

That debate is STUPID...
Why? Because Yucca Mountain is on the Nevada Test Site. The test site had ove 900 nuke tests mostly underground, The region below ground is so laden with plutonium already that you wouldn't want to dig there for the next 25,000 years at least. The stuff they planned to put into Yucca is contained in lead cylinders then encased in concrete. That little amount additional to what we already put into the ground is like an eyedropper in the ocean.

We need SOME PLACE to store this stuff, why not in a desert region already contaminated 40 years ago?

Where do you think they are keeping all that stuff now? The military uses a LOT of nuclear reactors... where are they storing the waste while the stupid politicians argue?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That plant, the Gentilly 2 reactor in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, 90 miles east of Montreal, opened in 1983 and is currently undergoing a $2 billion upgrade by its operator, Hydro-Quebec. The utility, predictably, insists the plant is safe, even though its sits on the fault.

I won't make a joke about those crazy Frenchmen..

16-MAR-2011 17:36:55 45.57°, -74.55° 4.3 18.0 SOUTHERN ONTARIO, CANADA
www.iris.edu...

Trois-Rivières 46° 21′ 0″ N, 72° 33′ 0″ W

Whole lot of shaking going on

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yeah, Vegas is alarmingly high. Try it again in a couple minutes though, I'll put money down that it will be lower.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
CNN live news 10:33 ET Breaking News

Hidehiko Nishiyama Deputy, Nuclear Safety Agency: Japan

Official raising to level 5 ...Reactors # 2 and 3...very high radiation levels...possible deaths from radiation and severe destruction to both reactors.

Also extreme concern for reactor # 4

Des
edit on 18-3-2011 by Destinyone because: added Japan to post for clarification.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

This is an article that describes top minds working nonstop on the problem and some details,and even why they don't want to do the cement, that buying time is there best option so far, but risky. All those who are doing the shifts with the rays are heros beyond.

But it still is downplaying what makes this worse than Chernobyl, the PU and mox fuel. And while they say that the cracks are modest, and there is some hope this way, I just finished reading one about the number of spent fuel rods contained in those pools, of course this was possibly underplaying the amount even, and the spent fuel rods were considered more radiactive hazzard than the rods themselves it was over 1800. I'm going to find that link. Obviously we're getting that cloud here.

But if they can pull off a miracle, and buy time, then they can avert a chain reaction. We should all be praying.
That 1800 was totally wrong.

www.dailykos.com...
11 195. So, no matter what its bad, just going to pray that these heros are doing all of this in a gallant effort that works to buy the time they need.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No ,she wasn't asking for links that iodide is bad, she was asking for a link to a source from anywhere that people are currently being hospitalized for taking too many iodide pills in fear of the Japanese radiation. I think everyone here knows they're bad, LOL, that's repeated like once every two pages! But she was Googling to find a back up for your claim that people are currently being hospitalized for this, and trying to make the point that you were making a claim that you weren't providing a link or source for either, and that if there were no actual reports of people being hospitalized, that your claim was just as much fearmongering as anyone else's claims.

That was my understanding. I would like to read about these morons poisoning themselves too!
edit on 18-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join