It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 228.htm
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Krzyzmo

reply to post by liejunkie01

Ok i'll say it.... how strange you both post the same picture within a few seconds of each other ! freaky

Star for you my friend.

I am serious as all hell here. I am still shaking. I think I have found the proof we have been looking for. My girlfriend and her friend are here now and they think I am crazy. I wont talk of it anymore with them..lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So what do you think they are trying to blur out?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

Well we can. There are hosts of methods to deal with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah i know what you mean - i've been bringing this situation up a lot in conversation and some seem concerned and others just prefer not to know about it. As for the topic in your post, nothing surprised me at this point in this unfolding drama. It's clear from the change in reporting on this incident that somewhere, some people got together and have decided to play down this incident. In some ways that's got to be a good idea as i can't imagine what panic would do to a city the size of Tokyo. I did read on the BBC live news that people are deciding it's a good time to go and see relatives. Can't blame them really - a lack of news can be as dangerous as too much.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: spelling and typo's - as usual

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You know, the thing is, they are now, on the news, in the back room, admitting that the jet stream carried this radiation, that is low level apparently, to California. Health Canada lies saying the risk is low but monitoring.

Well, the only really pertinent information, is that they acknowledged the radiation reached the height to get into the jetstream. I knew it would make it there.

The amounts of course vary.

Chernobyl took 10 days? Miracles are needed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

TEPCO : RENEWED NUCLEAR CHAIN REACTION FEARED

Which is exactly what a poster on this very thread said 2 days ago. ATS wins again.

link   
reply to post by dvrt10

The steam cloud. It could be still producing a small quantity of steam. The article says that the steam is no longer visible. . After all we need some good news right now.

DigitalGlobe has released a new satellite image of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear site in Japan taken at 10:20AM local time on March 18, 2011. The most significant difference in the new image is the lack of any visible steam above the damaged reactor building for unit 3. In both the March 16 and March 17 images, steam can be seen venting out of the top of the building.

isis-online.org/isis-reports/detail/ new-march-18-satellite-image-of-fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-site-in-japan/

Note: the most significant difference is good news.

link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Are these the "straight" objects from 10 seconds into the telegraph video that you were talking about?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well...I personally feel consternation, on all this babble of "let's nuke it, to get rid of the problem". Granted there is a horrible situation happening, but, remember please, we are also talking about people here.

Before nuking the problem...let's deal with the issue of saving as many of the people, who had nothing to do with this problem, IMO. Just saying...

Des

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Exactly. your thoughts???

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Any chance you can circle the sport you are talking about..
It would make it a little easier to look at.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Getting truth out now is going to be grassroots from people, it won't be from them.

The problem with that is you better BE VERY SURE your version is the truth before you go on a grassroots campaign because in THIS case spreading false info based merely on a belief is actually worse that what 'they' are doing.

People are already being hospitalized because of sodium iodide pills with all the scare tactics. I will BET you that more people will get sick or die from those pills than those form any radiation. Considering your misinterpretation of Mox fuel use, I would be more catious

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So... since California's nuclear power plants are under constant earthquake/tsunami threats... Have they come to their senses and get all those spent nuclear fuel rods OUT OF THERE? And I don't know... think of more ``backups`` ways to contain/avoid a meltdown if the worst case scenario were to happen?

Or is it too much $$$ worth your trouble? I bet it is.

Not to mention one of California's nuclear power plant was only built to withstand a 7.0...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
reply to post by spy66

Whoa! Do you have a source for that? That is VERY shocking if true.

It is fact. It was reported in Japanese news and even American news if I remember, I posted a link earlier in the thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Those profiteers need to go to jail ..and common people will never learn ...eating that pills for lunch

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Unity_99

People are already being hospitalized because of sodium iodide pills with all the scare tactics. I will BET you that more people will get sick or die from those pills than those form any radiation. Considering your misinterpretation of Mox fuel use, I would be more catious

Do you happen to have a link on that? I googled it a few different ways and find nothing at all to say that is true. If we want to make sure everyone is telling the truth and not "fear mongering", we should all post links to reliable sources before making any outrageous claims that are based in opinion and not facts.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I found this graph showing levels of radiation as each event happen at
the reactors.
It's in german,but very interesting.
What do you think?
www.grs.de...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Why you need the link ?..it's stupid to consume those pills before you read what are their purpose

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00 I forget what it was called, I will go back and search the thread for the pic after I post this, but do you know if that's the case in these reactors? I never said anything about it because I figured if these actually used the graphite, it would be mentioned as the same risk during full meltdown.

Here....

The plants at Fukushima are so called Boiling Water Reactors, or BWR for short. Boiling Water Reactors are similar to a pressure cooker. The nuclear fuel heats water, the water boils and creates steam, the steam then drives turbines that create the electricity, and the steam is then cooled and condensed back to water, and the water send back to be heated by the nuclear fuel. The pressure cooker operates at about 250 °C.

The nuclear fuel is uranium oxide. Uranium oxide is a ceramic with a very high melting point of about 3000 °C. The fuel is manufactured in pellets (think little cylinders the size of Lego bricks). Those pieces are then put into a long tube made of Zircaloy with a melting point of 2200 °C, and sealed tight. The assembly is called a fuel rod. These fuel rods are then put together to form larger packages, and a number of these packages are then put into the reactor. All these packages together are referred to as "the core".

The Zircaloy casing is the first containment. It separates the radioactive fuel from the rest of the world. The core is then placed in the "pressure vessels". That is the pressure cooker we talked about before.

The pressure vessels is the second containment. This is one sturdy piece of a pot, designed to safely contain the core for temperatures several hundred °C. That covers the scenarios where cooling can be restored at some point.

The entire "hardware" of the nuclear reactor - the pressure vessel and all pipes, pumps, coolant (water) reserves, are then encased in the third containment. The third containment is a hermetically (air tight) sealed, very thick bubble of the strongest steel. The third containment is designed, built and tested for one single purpose: To contain, indefinitely, a complete core meltdown. For that purpose, a large and thick concrete basin is cast under the pressure vessel (the second containment), which is filled with graphite, all inside the third containment. This is the so-called "core catcher". If the core melts and the pressure vessel bursts (and eventually melts), it will catch the molten fuel and everything else. It is built in such a way that the nuclear fuel will be spread out, so it can cool down.

Interesting reading here
scienceblogs.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Nice graph, wish I had an English version I could read instead of German.
But, then again, maybe I still wouldn't understand the content anyway - but may RedNeck, etc. at least could.

new topics

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join