It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 220.htm
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Thanks for clarifying that. First post, I'm just getting used to everything.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This document is a European one, don't know the date, and its regarding risks of a much smaller contamination of PU, but acknowledging a much broader affected area.

Japan had the biggest stockpile in the world next to its supplier, France and reactor 3, which went, was probably one of the main culprits. They have another Mox Fuel one in danger too.

www.irss-usa.org...

Consequences of airborne plume passing
over land:
(a) contamination of food & water
(b) inhalation from passing plume
(c) material deposited on land and
buildings irradiates inhabitants
(d) elevated cancer incidence and/or
abandonment of land by inhabitants
• Consequences of release to Irish Sea:
(a) contamination of seafood
(b) sea-to-land transfer of contamination
• Consequences of remobilization of
material in Irish Sea sediments:
(b)sea-to-land transfer of contamination
• Consequences of remobilization of
material in Irish Sea sediments:
(b) sea-to-land transfer of contamination....

Airborne plume containing 4 million TBq
of Cs-137 (50% release) passing over land
would render ca. 200 thousand sq. km
uninhabitable for 30+ years
(Area of Belgium = 30 thousand sq. km)

This info at the bottom talks about a very small portion of what they were indicating, would equate the size of Belgium.

Basically this stuff travels a long long way. Their full example was many times the size of Belgium and actually, was a small portion of what I can gather, seems to be connected to reactor 3, because Japan has only so many Mox fuel, and its one of the biggest stockpiles in the world.

I'm on a PU disbursement hunt right now.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   
You know what blows my mind here..

The World Markets.

profit.ndtv.com...

with stories coming out like this with Japan's, exports the markets seem to be just churning along unscathed.

I am not looking for anything wrong, but I am looking for a correction, and not seeing anything..

Most electronics come outta Japan, as exports which effect computer makers like oh say Apple.

they export cars and car parts, their are car plants not producing in America, right now because parts are not being exported to them, due to the events in Japan.

Again I am not looking for something wrong I am looking for corrections in the market, and I am not seeing them.

So I am guessing perhaps that the corrections will be coming at a later date.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

link   
Tsunami aboard a ship

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by Casing
(Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said Friday it has connected the external transmission line ...

casing

I'm confused, because I thought the cable was only for unit 2, and they they would have to install separate cables for the other reactors ? Yet the way this is worded it makes it sound like the one cable can power all those reactors ???

I honestly have NO idea. I am not even close to being any kind of electrician other than when I flip a light switch the light is supposed to come on... Hubby has tried many times to explain certain things along those lines - and I just tell him I dont care how the light was wired, just let me know it works!

I am only taking this news at face value. #2 is hooked up (not working etc) just hooked up.

Casing

ps - I type VERY slow!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljonesyuk
Tsunami aboard a ship

www.youtube.com...

Yikes - that is amazing
You expect the ship to drop back down once it's crested the wave.......but it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A few thoughts on Fukushima;
1) I have heard a lot of information and discussion on spent fuel rod storage, but where are the fresh fuel rod assemblies being stored and how much of that is MOX? this could be very important and yet it has not been mentioned.

2) I have heard 4, 5, and 6 were down for maintenance work, anyone else feel that it is unusual to shut down 3 reactors for maintenance at the same time. I fear the shutdown could well have been upgrading and changing the reactors to run MOX fuel.

Been here on this and other threads since page one and have kept up with the thread and a goodly amount of the links posted , I thought it was time to inject some of my thoughts into this conversation, and yes they are purely speculation and hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

A robot finally. I had been wondering why this hadn't happened earlier. Like day 2. I would think the small radio controlled model planes and helicopters that hobbyists build could be adapted readily, even if there are none already made specifically for studying locations difficult to access. The hobbyists attach small video cameras and other instruments and make some wild movies. I imagine the data could even be radioed back easily enough.

Are conditions at the sight so harsh that one of these couldn't fly over the reactors at low range and answer a lot of the unknowns, such as water in #4 SFP? Model helicopters could even get down inside. These are cheap and expendable - unlike the workers and soldiers and firefighters? If one in a hundred go information back we would be ahead of where we are on information. What am I missing, aside from the possibility that they are doing it and hiding the results? I would think it would have leaked by now if it was happening.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why has nobody brought up the Simi Valley disaster yet, most people don't even know it happened it was worse then three mile island and yet no mention in any media, it was covered up for a long time, its another disaster that they could look at and maybe figure some stuff out from!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljonesyuk
Tsunami aboard a ship

www.youtube.com...

The video was uploaded today -- can we confirm if that was the tsunami that hit Japan?

My first thought was that we were seeing the actual and immediate reaction of the water over the earthquake as the tsunami is formed -- at the :05 mark the first white water is seen, immediately followed by what appear to be water spouts to the right...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenbullet56
Why has nobody brought up the Simi Valley disaster yet, most people don't even know it happened it was worse then three mile island and yet no mention in any media, it was covered up for a long time, its another disaster that they could look at and maybe figure some stuff out from!

I am unaware of that disaster -- do you have a link to info?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

Here you go I'm not suprised you've never heard of it seems nobody has.

Simi Valley Nuclear Disaster

edit on 18-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Would this stuff come to Europe as well if the MOX reactor/fuel pond goes to $hit ? If so , does it's level of contamination decrease as it travels further from the site of origin ? Just wondering if any parts of Europe would suffer the fates that article snippet talked about. Should UK people be concerned if the MOX does get released ?

link   
reply to post by lubilou

No worries----even if you were a long-time poster, it's hard to tell what people are meaning or implying when they reply to posts! I tend to over-rely on my use of "exactly" to confer my agreement, but that doesn't always come across.

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

TRN, the latest FEPC statement declares water levels in the core reactors of 1-2-3 to be stable...somewhat. If the cores are hot won't there be some evaporation and if they are injecting water into them (seawater?) how are they accomplishing that without power, valves or pumps?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

ill try to find the link. if there is one. i heard it reported on fox today in s. cali.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, 6 X reactor 3. They all used MOX fuel

www.foxnews.com...

We're in some major trouble for this planet, and Japan needs evactuation, but this stuff spreads on the winds too, but via nature, via the food chain, water, and silt/deltas, it regains air loft redisbursement over and over again, and for millions of years.

Imagine this being more corporate and civil use than even military, not that I want that either.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

Wow, you're good! I didn't even notice that, but I bet if we got a translation of the text and the people talking, we might find out you're exactly right! That would make sense why they include that first part that isn't very impressive or indicate a wave unless what you're actually seeing is the initial displacement itself.

I so bet you're right! I hope so anyways, that video is incredible footage if that is, indeed, what it is!

ETA; after going back a few times, I'm like 99.999% positive that's what it was. You can see it spread like a zipper along the fault line (or where I assume the fault is). Man, you are good!
edit on 18-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's not what that article says---it says that only 6% of the fuel in #3 was MOX, and all other reactors used only uranium, but that plutonium is a byproduct of all of their fission processes.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

okay ive heard just about enough of all this junk. for everyone--EVERYONE who feels radiation is just a beautiful and fine thing to intake into your body, than take some for the world to see and let us monitor you and your bodies reaction. that way by you saying it is safe and then by ingesting what you say is fine for me an my family, you will earn must respect and we will actually believe you. anything other that doing that, you can keep your bulls**t lies to yourself about how awesome radiation is for the body. dumba**es !!

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join