It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 207.htm
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

I see rubble ... and smoke.

Not much else.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Similar to this but not exact.

Found this one

This picture, released from Tokyo Electric Power Co. on Wednesday, shows damaged No.3 and No. 4 reactors at the Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Fukushima prefecture.

Photo by TEPCO / Press Release | via MSNBC.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstraCat
Also I found a weird article in local news -
Russian rescuers team is stuck near Fukushima. They say that foreign rescuers already left. But these people came on japaneese buses and now Japaneese say that they don't have any fuel left and can't send busses to pick up people.

that is weird Your link didn't work here is the original Russian page
gazeta.ru...

That lead me to that last photo I posted
Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I would definitely say that the mangled truss mess where the arrow is pointing is a part of the roof structure.

Here is a better pic with trusses without all of the I beams for support.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

n this photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), thick white smoke billows from the No. 3 unit of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okumamachi, Fukushima Prefecture, Wednesday afternoon.

link here

Nope didn't have that one.
Thanks

That square truss is not roof truss and I see no sign of that crane

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thank you very much for all the extremely useful posts you have made during this disaster.

I'd like to encourage you to start a new thread on the highly persuasive heat vacuum scenario you've laid out here. Even as a hypothesis, it fits neatly into place as the missing piece which completes the picture of the true status and scope of this catastrophe. Reading it, I felt the mental click which, while proof of nothing, certainly felt to me like Sherlock Holmes' dog that didn't bark in the night -- the crucial observation of the implications of an absence. I can't be sure, but having thought it over carefully, I can't find a single reason you might be wrong.

So please do consider drawing more attention to this idea for the sake of those who are confused or misled by the relative "quiet" on the ground, radiation-wise. And most especially for our posters in Japan, who may not be following this thread. They have no real way of knowing what risks they may face in the north, so every piece of rational deduction is of practical value to them, even untested.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
One of the thing i notice with these pictures, is that it look's more like an implosion, and not explosion.
That would also explain the mushrom cloud.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

So here is TEPCO saying "Thick white smoke" not steam

"A nearly completed new power line could restore cooling systems" REALLY? In that mess?

"already spawned dangerous radiation surges. " Okay first thing they said I believe

link here
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm trying to find more for comparison but not having much luck as yet.

That image is owned by Tokyo Electric Power and they don't seem to be releasing many new ones.

Funny that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Can you or someone zoom in on the damage at the number 3 building?
I do not know how to do this and i would like to take a closer look.

Not much to work on res wise as its a capture from video...

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: Charlie Sheen did it
I KNOW NOTHING

And they expect to simply hook up power and the pumps will kick in like nothing happened... whoever is running this show really needs a reality check!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Would comparison to the damage to No. 4 help?

(Again, apologies if this is a repeat)

Scroll down a bit

Link here

White smoke billows from the badly damaged No. 4 unit of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okumamachi, Fukushima Prefecture. A nearly completed new power line could restore cooling systems in Japan's tsunami-crippled nuclear power plant, its operator TEPCO said Thursday, raising some hope of easing the crisis that has threatened a meltdown and already spawned dangerous radiation surges. (AP Photo/Tokyo Electric Power Co.)

edit on 18/3/2011 by Netties Hermit because: cause i'm tired

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
(Not all updates shown)

www.bbc.co.uk...

0755: More on the cooling operation from a live press conference with Japan's chief cabinet secretary. "We observed vapour after water was deposited in [reactor 3] so we believe that water did reach the pool for sure," Yukio Edano says.

0757: The operation to fix an external power supply to the Fukushima Daiichi plant is currently under way but functions have not yet been restored, Yukio Edano tells the press conference.

0811: More from that press conference about the operation at Fukushima Daiichi: Officials said that workers at the plant had only been exposed to several millisieverts of radiation and this meant that work could continue.

0814: Six fire engines and one truck have been involved in the cooling operation, Air Self-Defence Force chief of staff Shigeru Iwasaki told reporters.

0853: The vulnerability of the elderly is highlighted by reports that 14 elderly hospital patients died after they were evacuated risk zone around the stricken nuclear plant.

0855: Meanwhile in the US, the government has moved more monitoring stations to the west coast to reassure people in California that there is no serious threat of radiation from Japan, the US radiation monitor says.

0900: Japan raises its level of nuclear accident at Fukushima Daiichi from 4 to 5, Reuters news agency reports quoting the IAEA.

0904: Radiation levels in Tokyo will begin to be measured on Friday (today) the head of the IAEA is quoted by Jiji press as saying.

0913: The UN energy agency , the IAEA,has posted an update on the critical issue of the temperature of the spent fuel tanks Fukushima Daiichi. It explains how the system works and at what stage the risk of a radioactive release arises.
edit on 18-3-2011 by premierepastimes because: disclaimer

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
After seeing the latest overhead pics of the reactors, all I can say is God help us humanity.....looks like the spent fuel pools they are talking of, are blown away to me...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonandStar

How could they not be right? This is something I do not understand. I have seen the layout 50 times at least and just cannot see how the spent rods could still just be sitting up there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Am i reading this correctly?

"o           At 9:20AM on March 17, radiation level at elevation of 300ft above Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station: 87,700 micro sievert."

"o           At 9:48AM on March 17, a Self Defense Forces helicopter made four water drops aimed for the spent fuel pool."

How high did the helicopter fly to drop water?

bravenewclimate.com...-4149

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm with my iphone so can't scroll down 100 pages.
However yesterday with another member we commented on some green stuff we could see in the pictures.
I posted a pic from the helicopter video.

I think i Know what the Green stuff is , it looked like Bright green pieces of ceramic or glass.
High up on n.3 i think.

I think they are pieces of stuff that was in the spent fuel rods pool.
Tiles or somthing.
In some pictures, the pool looks Green
And the shattered pieces were exactly this Green

I think the pool blew up at n.3, based on this
edit on 18-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So the latest radiation readings..

Radiation levels drop slightly after water cannon. NE monitoring point: 3,339uSv/h at 1450 from 3,484uSV/h at 1350 - TEPCO via NHK

At 3300 uSv/h... for ONE YEAR... 24/7/365... makes a total of 28.9 Sv... which is about 578 times the maximum allowed for a nuclear worker for one year. (50 mSv/year) But of course they won't stay close to those plants 24/7/365... and radiation will decrease.

Today 4pm at Iitate 40km NW of the Fukushima-1 nuke plant: 21.40μSv/h. At Fukushima-shi , 61km NW of plant: 10.7μSv/h.

At 21.4uSv/h, for one year, it's 180 mSv... 100 mSv/year will probably give you cancer... so hopefully they get those radiation levels down...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It looks like Japan has officially raised the INES rating to 5 ... I had thought this incident was already a 7 but I guess not yet.

[5:42 a.m. ET Friday, 6:42 p.m. Friday in Tokyo] Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency has raised the severity level of the situation at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to 5, up from 4. The new level - which is on the international International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, with 1 being least and 7 being most severe - indicates this is an "accident with wider consequences." According to the International Atomic Energy Agency website, that level is equivalent to the 1979 incident at Three Mile Island in the United States.

cnn.com

edit on 18-3-2011 by dvrt10 because: Typo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Recent press release from TEPCO:

* Unit 4
* On March 18th, regarding the spent fuel in the common spent fuel pool,we have confirmed that the water level of the pool is secured. A detailed inspection is under preparation.
* common spent fuel pool: a spent fuel pool for common use set in a separate building in a plant site in order to preserve spent fuel which are transferred from the spent fuel pool in each Unit building.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Noscible because: changed latest to recent

edit on 18-3-2011 by Noscible because: inserted reactor #

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10
It looks like Japan has officially raised the INES rating to 5 ... I had thought this incident was already a 7 but I guess not yet.

[5:42 a.m. ET Friday, 6:42 p.m. Friday in Tokyo] Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency has raised the severity level of the situation at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to 5, up from 4. The new level - which is on the international International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, with 1 being least and 7 being most severe - indicates this is an "accident with wider consequences." According to the International Atomic Energy Agency website, that level is equivalent to the 1979 incident at Three Mile Island in the United States.

cnn.com

edit on 18-3-2011 by dvrt10 because: Typo
As I have stated on this thread before, TMI never had containment breached and suffered no explosions, how is it that the Japanese think that their accident is a 5 on the scale?

They are full of poopoo.

new topics

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join