It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 206.htm
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Exactly!
Where are the rods on the roof? where is the roof?
Those explosions where the deal breaker here, I mean c´mon people please! its not so hard to connect the dots, what building integrity?

The news guy keeps repeating that they BELIEVE the level in the pool is still low after the spraying... in other words they DON'T KNOW the level... they are just guessing
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Casing

I don't think it's affecting them either! I think it's unlikely that they are watching American news and reading American websites in the few hours a day they're not risking their lives to save people. The whole idea is silly.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
From the picture, 3 is a meltdown. That happened days ago. The mushroom cloud. That will be here tomorrow. And, there is no reactor left I don't think, or is there a pool of melted stuff under all that? I just think it all went.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Nice catch -- no idea why they lowered it 30 CPM. Based on the numbers I've been seeing, I think any reading over 80 would have me concerned regardless of what they say is the 'alert level'.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10
U.S. nuclear officials suspect Japanese plant has a dire breach

This article says that today (Friday), the Japanese have agreed to accept American assistance.

This reminds me an awful lot about JAL 123 (more about it here). Japan Airlines 123. Tailstrike. Improper maintenance. Ultimately, on a later flight, the airline suffered explosive decompression. Back then, help was offered early on by a nearby U.S. base, but it was rejected by the Japanese who elected to run the rescue op themselves. The JSDF rescue op was delayed, and some people died when they could have been saved.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Can you or someone zoom in on the damage at the number 3 building?

I do not know how to do this and i would like to take a closer look.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Oh, and those readings...too, great pics even though the "M" readings are off.[

Not only that but after I captured that they said they made a mistake and those were supposed to be micro not millie... Seriously how stupid is that to keep making that same 'mistake' in such an emergency?

Not buying that 'mistake' either

They are repeating this stuff so often seems like they feel if they say it often enough it will be real
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Use ctrl and mousewheel to zoom in on pictures...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

Interesting ... sounds awfully familiar.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Not much to work on res wise as its a capture from video...

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: Charlie Sheen did it
I KNOW NOTHING

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10

Interesting ... sounds awfully familiar.

Well, as an interesting aside, onboard JAL 123 was Kyu Sakamoto. The original singer of the "Sukiyaki Song" (which is what it's called in the U.S.). It was fairly popular at one time. Perhaps that's how you know about it?

But yeah, to bring it back to the thread, the Japanese can be stubborn when it comes to asking for help. I should know, I'm Japanese myself.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I respect the Japanese 100% but, in this situation, I have to say that there's a fine line between being stubborn and being irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am no expert, but I am about to finish my two year welding program at the college. This is my last semester and I have had to study I beam and such forms of steel. This is the field of study I am currently pursuing. I am using this as my assumption that the area where the top of the reactor question mark in the photo is actually the part of the I beam rail for the crane system to load the spent fuel rods. This looks like the same type of configuration as in the first of the three photos you posted.

I would put my money on this piece of steel being the "trolly" section above the containment pool. If it is not this then I believe it is an I beam of some sort. This is the only expertise I can offer on this situation. I might print this photo and ask my instructor what he thinks tomorrow. He is not a mianstream type of guy and he has military background. I think he would be a great source of information. What do you think? He would not hesitate to explain what he sees.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I watched news on TV here in Russia today. And they said that Japan is finally going to cover the plant with concrete and build a srcophagus (or how it is spelled). I hope that they reaaly will do.

Also I found a weird article in local news -
Russian rescuers team is stuck near Fukushima. They say that foreign rescuers already left. But these people came on japaneese buses and now Japaneese say that they don't have any fuel left and can't send busses to pick up people.
translate.google.ru/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgazeta.ru%2Fnews%2Flastnews%2F2011%2F03%2F18%2Fn_ 1751945.shtml

edit on 18-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yeah but then what?
I hate to bear bad news, but if radiation keeps on spewing out the way it has been, then jeepers, I cant even Imagine what will be of Japan? where to move in the displaced, how to treat, contain, and attempt to clean the nuclear problem, what of the rebuilding effort? this thing can blow up to unheard proportions, worldwide, manufacturing industries must be trembling right now looking at their inventories, when will the next shipment of components arrive from japan?

What makes me more queasy is the radiation levels going up, sea life can be very sensible, plants can die off in huge swaths, arable land completely lost for generations, etc...

I really hope what can be foreseen will be averted, that all potential worse case scenarios never come to pass, that the spirit of mankind gets strengthened from the ordeal, and that nanotech capable of digesting radioactivity and generating love can deal with the problem, for todays generations and tomorrows!
cheers!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

What do you think? He would not hesitate to explain what he sees.

Sure... go ahead... all I see is a pile of twisted metal... no crane, no giant pool and maybe the top dome of the reactor but I can't even be sure of that

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Apologies if this pic has been posted before. This thread is moving so fast.

n this photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), thick white smoke billows from the No. 3 unit of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okumamachi, Fukushima Prefecture, Wednesday afternoon.

link here

Scroll down a bit - there is also a zoom function.

edit on 18/3/2011 by Netties Hermit because: to add ex tags

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Comparing that image, with schematic ones like this:

And you really do expect to see some part of the reactor.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Upon further inspection of the pic, I think that where the crain gantry questionmark is, is actually part of the roof truss system. If you compare the twisted metal to the roofing structure of most warehouses and large buildings you will see such a truss sytem.

Similar to this but not exact.

The mangled truss system seems too lightweight for such a demanding job.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

NEWS ADVISARY: IAEA to station liaison officer in Tokyo over nuke crisis:Amano (16:09)

english.kyodonews.jp...

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join