It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 205.htm
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
And someone please explain what would happen when all this stuff hits critical mass.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo

[/quote

now that's scary cause I believe a couple of the reactors blew away the second floor;

Yes a point I want to make clear... Here is #3 and #4

So WHERE EXACTLY ARE THE FUEL RODS now that they claim they are pouring water to fill the tank at #3

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Completely agree.... As a matter of fact, Redneck is kind of a hero to me right now.... As one other lady on here said, I'd give a kiss for all his hard work if I could.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I have Been really wondering how to explain the missing radioactivity..

Back In the day, I worked security at one of those glow in the dark factories(nuke power plant) for a few days..why' you couldn't hardly find a corner to pee in without getting exposed to radiation (my wife says it affected me...but all it did was make all my babies be born bald headed and nekid...tired here..forgive the joke)
I could not understand how you can bust all that stuff open and leak it everywhere...and yet...reports are..."Not Harmful to Human Health"
To here TEPCO explain it..you would have a hard time cooking a hot dog right in the reactor....

THANK YOU TheRedneck for that post....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Great pics Zorgon.
Makes it seem plausible that it can work to spray water in the cooling tanks.

Plausible? Did you see the wreckage of building #3?

Sorry not buying that

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hello all, I post rarely, but have been reading this thread since the beginning – first want to say THANK YOU ALL for the reporting and science, the education. Because I have been reading since the beginning I feel like I know you

Anyway as to the question of help offered being delayed etc, I believe that is just politics, bureaucracy, and just “saving face”.

The information (or lack thereof) can be explained as walking a fine line of deciding what the general public can understand, avoiding panic, and getting people to still be willing to go into the affected areas. The catch is they underestimate what the general public can handle and they see the bs factor piling up.

However I see a “spin” to this. TPTB know that the western mentality is different and we question and distrust everything which leads to questions of the veracity of the gov info. Now they can say that they had been honest all along but because of the conflict of info between our media’s, their efforts for timely aid to stricken areas were hampered by having to continually reassure rescuers/truck drivers/etc to go into those areas.

I am not sure I am explaining myself well with this as I have not slept more than a couple of hours a night because of this. But I hope you understand what I am trying to say, which is things will somehow be twisted due to western reporters/governments/etc screwing things up…

TheRedneck - I just read your explanation about the radiation levels, seriously your my hero too!

Casing

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Great pics Zorgon.

Sorry not buying that

Agree Zorgon. The spent rods. The spent rods contain plutonium.
I can't imagine anything re-starting properly in that condition.
You sneeze and equipment fails, and those explosions were powerful.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Now why would the air currents and thus the ground radiation levels coincide with the relief efforts by the military? Because they were spraying water onto exposed fuel rods... exposed rods would make the water vaporize into steam. Steam holds heat (and radioactive particles) very well, and tends to rise faster and higher than warm air alone. The water turning into steam increased the speed of the rising column of hot air and the speed of the cooler air being sucked in from below.

Hate to say it but your scenario makes the most sense, especially since they have been saying they cannot understand the fluctuations they are seeing. So in effect they are pouring gasoline onto a fire to try to put it out.

IF you are right, that is more scary than the accident, because that would mean stupidity will just make it even messier for everyone and more potential to spread wide
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Great pics Zorgon.

Sorry not buying that

Me either!

Zorgon, great pics btw

Oh, and those readings...too, great pics even though the "M" readings are off.
edit on 18-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Considering the state reactor #3 is in, I'd say those rods are pretty much mixed in, and all over, among that big pile of rubble that used to be reactor #3.... So maybe they are just spraying the water on that rubble pile? (Not that it will do anything productive IMO)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
And someone please explain what would happen when all this stuff hits critical mass.

China Syndrome?

No one knows really, because there has never been so much at one spot, and its not like we have a lot of experience in full meltdowns left running wild

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I agree upon further inspection of the pic. The damage looks bad and if the pool wall is cracked that is bad indeed.

Instead, U.S. officials believe that the pool's wall was cracked either by the intense shaking of the earthquake or by a large piece of equipment falling into it.

Nuclear experts say they can't be positive that a breach has occurred without looking at the pool, but the area around the pool is so radioactive that a close inspection still isn't possible
www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-japa n-quake-wrapup-20110318,0,2262753.story?page=2

It looks like we need more information.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Casing

I just heard, maybe a few hours ago, on some MSM news station (think it was Fox, I've actually surfed them in the last few days for the first time), that "rescue efforts have been hampered by this fear of radiation----people have been dying because of this radiation fear keeping rescuers out!"

Now, I don't know about you, but most of the people tweeting/writing/calling/being interview in Japan have said they trust the government when it says it's safe. Are they trying to say American viewers and bloggers and tweeters have influenced rescue workers more than their own trusted government? I think that is exactly what they're saying.

Or they're just bloviating as always. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Exactly!
Where are the rods on the roof? where is the roof?
Those explosions where the deal breaker here, I mean c´mon people please! its not so hard to connect the dots, what building integrity?

This is getting worse by the minute all of the radiation coming out is unbearable for all life!
And the media blackout is getting on my nerves, I despise them for not giving me facts and treating me like a child, but sadly, its like that, and mass hysteria would be on my list as well, if something changes too fast to hard, it breaks, and our idea of continuity is at stake here!

Lets keep our eyes open, lets wait till tomorrow, lets see where this goes, so far, it doesn't look good at all...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Considering the state reactor #3 is in, I'd say those rods are pretty much mixed in, and all over, among that big pile of rubble that used to be reactor #3.... So maybe they are just spraying the water on that rubble pile? (Not that it will do anything productive IMO)

That is my thought as well and that would make Redneck right that they are spraying water on exposed rods. The clouds of steam I saw rising from that spraying were low to the ground. And if he is right about what is happening in the core... that sure would explain why the helos got out of dodge so fast and why they keep repeating ground readings over and over so you don't ask about air readings.

Maybe some intelligent people in power to do something are reading ATS. Sending the U2's and Global Hawks to look tells me one thing... The US government isn't buying the official story either and sending in their own instruments. Not sure they will release that data to us though. I have no contacts that can get me direct info on this one

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Now, I don't know about you, but most of the people tweeting/writing/calling/being interview in Japan have said they trust the government when it says it's safe. Are they trying to say American viewers and bloggers and tweeters have influenced rescue workers more than their own trusted government? I think that is exactly what they're saying.

Look NHK itself has said that work is hampered by too high radiation, NHK told us that the helos stopped because of too high radiation above the plant. NHK is a Japanese news agency interviewing TEPCO and other officials directly. So if THEY are saying its too high, then that should be enough.

NHK WORLD

NHK WORLD is the international service provided by Japan's only public broadcasting network, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation). NHK WORLD provides domestic and international news promptly to the world, as well as up-to-the-minute information on Asia from various perspectives, and in the event of major accidents and natural disasters, NHK WORLD serves as an information lifeline.

www.livestation.com...

As a matter of fact TEPCO JUST NOW announced radiation is hampering attempts
edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I just had a thought about these stupid decisions:

Has the person who is making these decisions been actually at the plant itself this whole time? Has he been hanging out in all this insane radiation as well as the workers? If so, could he be losing his mental capacity due to radiation effects and making these decisions out of delirium?

Please tell me the person in power is holed up at a Hilton or something, and not in the freaking glowing control room.

ETA: I just saw RadiationNetwork has changed the alert level from 130CPM to 100CPM. Is this logical, or are they trying to stir up more traffic by lowering the panic threshold?
edit on 18-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I dont think it is affecting the rescue workers - they WANT to go in. Recue workers have the mentality that this is STILL a RESCUE operation and not a RECOVERY operation. I know they are frustrated by the delays and restrictions. I just think that when things settle down (and they will eventually... hopefully) and the name calling really starts - everything will be twisted to say that the questions/twitters/blogs etc stoked fears that caused the delays and not TPTB trying to save face by saying they can handle it themselves...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I believe Redneck was correct & to be honest, I stopped watching the news because what was posted in this thread, and by Redneck specifically, was wayyyyyyy more informative than any of the drivel they were serving up on the standards news outlets. They really must think we are idiots because everyone I know is saying the same thing, that they are covering up the severity of this situation & people will suffer/die because of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Casing

The Prime Minister is insisting they go in, they don't want to. He doesnt want Japan to loose face, instead of saving lives.

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join