It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 204.htm
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great pics Zorgon.

Makes it seem plausible that it can work to spray water in the cooling tanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by liejunkie01

Man, that's one of those things you're going to have to dig for----it's been reported by the MSM so many times, over so many days, that we all kind of talk about it now as part of the canon; it's just common knowledge at this point. Maybe start with googling "japan accept help" and see what you get? Sorry, I'm so wrapped up in staying current on this, I can't go back for old links! It got exhausting to keep up with this a few days ago.

Has anyone put together a collection of news updates and links by themselves, without 200+ pages to slog through to find them again?

It is alright 00.

I have been following and I must have missed it when the pages fly by. Just curious thats all. I am tired also. I am about to go to bed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulwarrior

Very good stuff to think about...
Thanks for bringing this up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
U.S. nuclear officials suspect Japanese plant has a dire breach

This article says that today (Friday), the Japanese have agreed to accept American assistance.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Bury it!
First dump a bunch of sand,then concrete,boron lead mix.
Then a containment dome.
Game over,no saving it now,they are just making it worst
by delaying it.
They have been in denial.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

[/quote

now that's scary cause I believe a couple of the reactors blew away the second floor;

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Remember that Japanese authorities so far showed "no info" on their fact sheet regarding the spent fuel rods at fukushima n.1?

Looks like they may be exposed as well... as they are now considering spraying water on n. 1

Japan May Spray Water over Another Damaged Reactor: Edano Tokyo, March 18 (Jiji Press)--Japan is considering spraying water over another damaged nuclear reactor at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima No. 1 plant, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said Friday. It is being considered whether water should be sprayed over the No. 1 reactor in order to cool it down, an operation similar to ones being taken for the No. 3 reactor, Edano told a news conference. At present, Japan is trying to figure out whether pictures of the accident-damaged plant can be taken from above, the top government spokesman said. Edano also said radiation levels remained high over 100 microsieverts at some places about 30 kilometers away from the power plant, located in northeastern Japan. But the current levels of radiation poses no immediate hazard to the human body, he said.

jen.jiji.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've been thinking... maybe I came up with something to explain the dropping radiation levels...

We have reports that the radiation levels above the plants is very high, but the levels on the ground have been, with a few exceptions, low. This in spite of the fact that there is obvious damage, as evidenced by the cesium-135 earlier detected and the hydrogen... both of these are evidence of an unwanted and abnormal reaction inside the reactor.

So I thought, what do nuclear plants produce? Radiation? Well, yes, but they are not designed to produce radiation. That's a side effect. They are designed to produce heat! That's what has been missing! I almost stumbled on it earlier when I posted about there being a cloud of radiation above the plant instead of at ground level due to the rising heat.

But what happens when heat rises? Cooler air is fed from below, obviously. So this same rising column of air that is creating a high radiation zone over the plant, the same zone that caused the helicopters to cease operation, is also creating a vacuum around the plant at ground level, which is sucking particle emissions back into the plant and up into the air.

This isn't getting better. It's looking better from the ground, but the radiation is accumulating in the air.

Now why would the air currents and thus the ground radiation levels coincide with the relief efforts by the military? Because they were spraying water onto exposed fuel rods... exposed rods would make the water vaporize into steam. Steam holds heat (and radioactive particles) very well, and tends to rise faster and higher than warm air alone. The water turning into steam increased the speed of the rising column of hot air and the speed of the cooler air being sucked in from below.

And the air is cooler now as well with that cold front moving in... more temperature difference equals faster atmospheric rise.

This is a larger disaster getting bigger by the minute, thanks to the exercise in futility the military pulled off in some attempt to look like they were doing something. Now they are looking at one side of the equation, the ground radiation levels, and claiming victory when in actuality they are creating a larger problem!

I am going to make a prediction here... in the next days, we will start seeing larger and larger radiation spikes around the northern half of the country, in seemingly unrelated areas, as downdrafts bring the radiation back to earth. If that happens, we will know I am right... if not, then I will (as I always do) accept that I was wrong.

But I think I may be right.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by 00nunya00

You are right. something is not right and ATS is to busy producing crap about radiation levels in denver.

what is not right and what is really happening?

can someone ground themselves enough for 10 minutes to really analyze the issue and find the needle in the haystack?

Aside from my other post, this is a deeply tin-foil-hat thought, but maybe with all the radiation they have been injecting into the air and water over the years the PTB are looking to force a mutation on the human race. They are looking for something specific to show up... They are not notifying people on purpose. Not informing us, on purpose because they want us exposed and mutated. Population control is a byproduct. They want to find this particular mutation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't blame him!

IAEA head Yukiya Amano says will not be visiting Fukushima nuclear plant on current trip to Japan

live.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dvrt10

Dang, you are quick! I was just about to post that!

Pretty scary, eh?

Great quote from that article:

A breach in the pool would leave engineers with a problem that has no precedent or ready-made solution, said Edwin Lyman, a physicist with the Union of Concerned Scientists. "My intuition is that this is a terrible situation and it is only going to get worse," he said. "There may not be any way to deal with it."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: IAEA team to monitor radiation near Fukushima nuke plant: IAEA chief

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yesterdays post

Unit 4
14 March, 10:08 UTC: 84 °C
15 March, 10:00 UTC: 84 °C
16 March, 05:00 UTC: no data
Unit 5
14 March, 10:08 UTC: 59.7 °C
15 March, 10:00 UTC: 60.4 °C
16 March, 05:00 UTC: 62.7 °C
Unit 6
14 March, 10:08 UTC: 58.0 °C
15 March, 10:00 UTC: 58.5 °C
16 March, 05:00 UTC: 60.0 °C

Todays post

Unit 4
13 March, 19:08 UTC: 84 °C
Unit 5
17 March, 03:00 UTC: 64.2 °C
17 March, 18:00 UTC: 65.5 °C
Unit 6
17 March, 03:00 UTC: 62.5 °C
17 March, 18:00 UTC: 62.0 °C

www.iaea.org...
5 and 6 look like they are rising
edit on 18-3-2011 by leisas4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Another thing,we have all these freaking drones that can do just about anything,why aren't those being use instead of risking human lives.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by leisas4

Wow, I guess we know this guy is no idiot.....

On topic, wonder if we'll get some solid data or if they will just keep saying things like "elevated" "within normal ranges" & my favorite, "not hazardous or harmful to humans."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Latest situation update from: hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 42
On 18.03.2011 at 04:03 GMT+2

Smoke billowed from a building at Japan's crippled nuclear power plant Friday as emergency crews worked to reconnect electricity to cooling systems on the overheating nuclear fuel at the tsunami-ravaged facility. Four of the troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi plant's six reactor units have seen fires, explosions or partial meltdowns in the week since the tsunami. While the reactor cores where energy is generated are a concern, water in the pools used to store used nuclear fuel are also major worries. Water in at least one fuel pool — in the complex's Unit 3 — is believed to be dangerously low, exposing the stored fuel rods. Without enough water, the rods may heat further and spew out radiation. "Dealing with Unit 3 is our utmost priority," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters. Frantic efforts were made Thursday to douse a number of units with water, and authorities were preparing to repeat many of those efforts Friday. However, they said they would not continue helicopter drops of water. Televised footage of the air drops Thursday appeared to show much of that water blowing away.

Friday's smoke came from the complex's Unit 2, and its cause was not known, the nuclear safety agency said. An explosion had hit the building on Tuesday, possibly damaging a crucial cooling chamber that sits below the reactor core. In the week since the massive earthquake and tsunami that set off the nuclear crisis by knocking out power to cooling systems for the reactors, Japan's government and the utility that runs Fukushima have struggled to contain the plant's cascading troubles. "We see it as an extremely serious accident," Yukiya Amano, the head of the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency, told reporters Friday just after arriving in Tokyo. "The international community is extremely concerned." "This is not something that just Japan should deal with, and people of the entire world should cooperate with Japan and the people in the disaster areas," he said. If there is good news, it's that the bad situation has not grown significantly more troubled in recent days. A senior official with the U.N. nuclear agency said Thursday there had been "no significant worsening" at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant but that the situation remained "very serious." Graham Andrew told reporters in Vienna that nuclear fuel rods in two reactors were only about half covered with water, and they were also not completely submerged in a third.

Edano said Friday that Tokyo is asking the U.S. government for help and the two are discussing the specifics. "We are coordinating with the U.S. government as to what the U.S. can provide and what people really need," Edano said. At times, the two close allies have offered starkly differing assessments over the dangers at Fukushima. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chairman Gregory Jazcko said Thursday that it could take days and "possibly weeks" to get the complex under control. He defended the U.S. decision to recommend a 50-mile (80-kilometer) evacuation zone for its citizens, wider than the 30-mile (50-kilometer) band Japan has ordered.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
So they have been monitering radiation, yet not releasing the information.

Let me guess, its not a mandate?

I posted this earlier

But I wish I had access to those photos

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Slightly off topic here, but it was almost exactly a week ago at this time when news broke about the earthquake. Man, we had no idea what we were in for
Amazing how quick the world can change.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Dude, stop posting such interesting, though-provoking, intelligent stuff. My clicker finger is getting tired from starring you all day.

Man, I am glad we have you on our side! And thanks for deciding to be a poster in this thread, and putting off your own personal stuff I know you were on a break from modding to deal with.

So, what we're looking at is colder air=bad in the long run. Greeeaaat. Also, what's your feeling on this----wouldn't TEPCO know this or at least have been advised of it by the US and IAEA? If so, why have they continued to make more steam, even up to this very moment? Could they really be so much more concerned with the TV cameras than with keeping US and IAEA help? Seems to me they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by making the situation worse, in full knowledge of the IAEA/US. Why would that be worth it? "Saving face" is a pretty simplistic explanation for this kind of action, I'd say.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Also, another update

It seems that the pressure in the containment vessel at n.3 is not stable anymore...

JAIF just published their latest status and pressure inside the vessel is know said to be "fluctuating"

www.jaif.or.jp...

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join