It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 202.htm
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can only imagine how stressed and exhausted these people must be. Their whole world has been trashed in moments. They are overwhemed and probably, literally, in shock with PTSD to follow.

It sounds like they're trying to allay fear and offer hope in the best way they can.

I'm not sure the US is ultimately helping very much by so publically deviating from what the Japanese gov't has said.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtycrickrat
all photos have been areal satellite pics, and the live japanese stream looks like its a hundred miles away

Yup they say the video camera is at a safe distance

Water Cannon attempting to fill the pool in #3

After the water jet steam rising from plant... most of the water was wasted according to live report. So some water was hitting the spent fuel and being vaporized

www.livestation.com...

edit on 18-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

But their request was reportedly turned down by the Japanese Prime Minister, with Mainichi Shimbun quoting him as saying: "Withdrawal is impossible. It's not a matter of whether TEPCO collapses. It's a matter of whether Japan goes wrong."

The leader just wants to save face, and doesnt matter how many men die doing useless things. He is hired at great expense to manage public funds, period. His job is to get his people to safety.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a while now.

I wonder if the US doesn't have something which will reduce or contain radiation? After all, a nuke has been a threat for decades now. I'm sure there had to be some work on reducing the effects of a bomb or other accident.

The military doesn't advertise their secrets. I'm sure this is something they wouldn't let other countries know about.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well I read Alaska was getting surges of radiation and then clicked into another removed link.

I watched a video about a mega storm coming, that seems radiactive.

And according to the experts, its very serious, the reactors have been damaged and melting down, and boiled dry, with huge radiation surges, but its all under control, power fixed everything, the radiation is low, a few buckets solved the problem and filled the tanks up.

I swear the devils dancing and laughing at everyone in this. And our leaders are handing him sacrifices.

Fukushima Daiichi has spiked at 400 millisieverts, Chernobyl was 6000 millisieverts.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by legalizeit
Why on earth do we build things that are such a biatch to shut down ..??

because humans are inherently stupid & consistently over-estimate their abilities.

hmm .. tell me one thing ... is water the only thing they can use to cool the rods ...?? what about liquid nitrogen somehow jerry rigged .. or something else much colder .. pour some liquid nitrogen on that .. see what happens ..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is a video I don't have a clue on, it puts the radioactive storm hitting up north, ie Alaska and northern Canada, but when reading about plutonium and experiments and the Manhatten Project today, they talked about two things, the plumes or fine particle dust clouds, and yes apparently PU does spread. But it gets into the environment alot spreading that way, food, ocean, soil, mud, silt, etc. And also, they talked about a radiactive cloud, more of a dragons breath type thing, they named it dragon something.

So maybe a storm is coming.

I didn't post it because I wasn't convinced sure about this one. And it annoyed me. I dont want a big storm to be coming. Today we finally got some sun.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Okay, I'm finally going to put on my very dusty tinfoil hat and ask these same questions we are all finally fed up enough to ask in these last few pages:

WTF is going on?

• Day one, Clinton says we have special coolant on the way; an hour or so later the White House says this is not so.
  • Today in an interview Clinton says she wants no part of the government after 2012----no Sec of State, Sec of Defense, VP, POTUS in 2016----nothing. "No" was her answer to all these questions.
  • Generator on site in the first 24 hours----"not the right plug".
  • No requests for help----only requests for "advisers" after a few days.
  • US Government finally steps in and sends people *WE* think should be there and suddenly there's all this new action---riot trucks with water cannons, 180 people clearing debris, more people "building a road" to the plant, and alleged power cable hooked to the main grid, helos dropping water.....none effective so far....
  • US Government tells its people to GTF out, breaking with Japan's leadership and making them a little miffed about it
  • The rest of the responsible and smart nations follow suit and bring their people home
  • Meanwhile, Japan swears up and down everything's fine, and the US plays along enough to buy the time to get US citizens out without causing a panic.

Something smells very rotten to me, and I think maybe I'm being contaminated by ATS threads about depopulation and false flags and whatnot. These threads made me roll my eyes out of my head before today. Now.........I'd like to discuss it further. Perhaps I need to find one of those threads again.

link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Can't we just build something like a dome tent made out of something like lead fabric to cover the whole place? Like they do for stadium domes? Just make it big enough to cover all the buildings and fill it with boron? I guess the reactors would meltdown into the earth... would this work at all or is it just crazy?

link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is real good footage of the action.
www.cnn.com...

Go getem boys..

edit on 18-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: sorry forgot the link

link   
reply to post by legalizeit

My guess is if you did that, it would crack if it isnt already.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The leader just wants to save face, and doesnt matter how many men die doing useless things. He is hired at great expense to manage public funds, period. His job is to get his people to safety.

The Russian did the same thing... handled it themselves. They stopped it in the end. Lets hope the Japanese are as 'succesful'

But dang it pride in such a matter is so wasteful, and can effect so many outside their country

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I've been thinking about this for a while now.

I wonder if the US doesn't have something which will reduce or contain radiation? After all, a nuke has been a threat for decades now. I'm sure there had to be some work on reducing the effects of a bomb or other accident.

The military doesn't advertise their secrets. I'm sure this is something they wouldn't let other countries know about.

Yes they do, they can clean up this planet but won't.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Everything will be fine. They're getting electricity back and cooling everything down. You guys are just overly paranoid, but I guess that's ATS for you. Half of you thought a nuke was imminent based on a Simpson episode a few months back. I'll be laughing when this is all over in a week.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

We could use Oz-Weatherman for that one. Thanks for the vid but that you-tube poster has been really hyping things up, so I'm not sure what to think of that at the moment.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
reply to post by legalizeit

My guess is if you did that, it would crack if it isnt already.

At least it would instantly freeze it too if you pour enough ... there are already hydrogen explosions and can't get much worse with the initial liquid nitrogen vaporizing on contact ..

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by zorgon

This is real good footage of the action.
www.cnn.com...

whole lotta steam being created there

link   
reply to post by splint

We'll all be laughing and toasting and cheering if it's all over in a week----we'll also be marveling at how they managed to bend the laws of physics as well.

I think reading this entire thread, as most of us who are still left here every day have, would educate you on why we're worried. Pretty easy to pop your head in and say "ha ha, you're stupid" but not so easy to give specific reasons why.

Would you like to actually discuss why you think we're overreacting? Or is it just a drive-by insult you were going for?
edit on 18-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The Russian did the same thing... handled it themselves. They stopped it in the end. Lets hope the Japanese are as 'succesful'

But dang it pride in such a matter is so wasteful, and can effect so many outside their country

Big difference being that the Russians didn't tell anyone until after the complete meltdown of the Chernobyl reactor. The radiation was originally detected by nuclear facility workers in Sweden.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You are right. something is not right and ATS is to busy producing crap about radiation levels in denver.

what is not right and what is really happening?

can someone ground themselves enough for 10 minutes to really analyze the issue and find the needle in the haystack?

new topics

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join