It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 196.htm
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dvrt10

It's nowhere near true that this is over:

8:49 p.m. ET Thursday, 9:49 a.m. Friday in Tokyo] Officials gave contradictory reports about the status of a new cable intended to restore power to reactor Unit No. 2 at the Fukushimi Daiichi nuclear power plant, which was damaged in the earthquake and tsunami has been emitting high levels of radiation. The International Atomic Energy Agency, citing Japanese authorities, said the power cord had reached the unit and that it would be connected once spraying of water on the No. 3 reactor building had been completed. But a spokesman for the Tokyo Electric Power Co., which owns the plant, told CNN the electrical line had not been connected, though officials hoped to get it connected by the end of the day Friday.

CNN

The cable hasn't even been connected, and my guess is that if it hasn't by now, it won't ever be. If they could hook up #2 to anything, they would have hooked it to the generators now allegedly running 5 and 6.
edit on 17-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: spelling, arrghh!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
sky news just reporting that a new lot of smoke is now rising from #2

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Japan nuclear accident poses crisis for worker safety

This is a recent article that asserts the workers at the nuclear power plant are nearing their annual radiation limit and will need to be rotated out soon.

I find it hard to believe that these workers haven't already been exposed to their annual limit ... possibly many times over. This article makes it sound like they'll simply be rotated out and they'll be perfectly fine. Just another example of the media downplaying the severity of the situation. This is the same source that is reporting the radiation that will reach the US tomorrow is too low to cause problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dvrt10

well if some of the reports are true and they have been exposed to 1000 mSv per hour...for many hours now...
I don't think "Rotated Out" is the right term for what will happen to them in a VERY short time

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is completely unbelievable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Must Watch - One of the Last You Tube video's coming out of Japan,

The last video out of Japan, as they've blocked the people of Japan from getting videos and info out, millions upon millions left without evacuation or aid.

And Obama has tried to make a law making streaming of videos illegal.

In addition, they start a stupid pathetic war, and all the reporters are on it.

But each and every one of these is forgetting, they are flesh and blood people, with faces and names, and we know who they are and who did it.

I am holding Obama and the leaders of the western world and the leaders of Japan personally repsonsible for everyone harmed that was not in the quake (and thats debatable, Haarp, and other things) I could link the thread about that card game and the japanese one.

They are not going to do this. Not at all.

To all those who are sitting on public funds, its time to make U-Turns in your lives, big time. Get off the war horse and take off the blocks. I really hope Japan has some great hackers.

They do not have this situation under control, its melting down.

But they do have a mandate to keep the people informed, protected and evactuated and to keep us informed and protected. In addttion, might I suggest they pull the stuff out of the dumbs, their real science and start cleaning up this mess. I know they can do it. So they get on it. Yeah, disclosure is the byproduct.

link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by MedievalGhost

someone help me understand how these guys can work there..but a helicopter can't stay on station because lvls are too high..but there is mo risk of harmfull effects of radiation..blah blah blah

I believe it is something like a chimney effect. With all of the heat it would be pulling cooler air in to replace the hot air blowing out the top. It would be like the helicopters were hovering over a big radioactive blow dryer pointed right at them while the radiation and temperature would be lower relatively speaking at ground level.

link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by MedievalGhost

good find.....it does look like your right about the reading ....need more people to look at it...
I been up to many hours...I can't even remember what day it is..lol

Thanks. Here is a screenshot of the reading-

If it is reading at 4 Sv, I think this is extremely high radiation. Can anyone here verify what levels it was reading? The Japanese government has abandoned these poor people.
edit on 17-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

That is a geiger counter with a removable probe, so a fixed calibration is impossible. The CPM to Sv/Gy depends on the probe being used.

So it’s display is in counts per minute “min^-1“

It is currently showing 4,190 CPM.

Depending on the probe it has on it, that may be a lot, or is may be a little. Considering that it is used for low level radiation detection, it probably has a big sensitive probe on it, so it will be a lot of CPM per mSv

On those types of meters, you can usually enter the calibration for your probe, so that it will be able to display in Sv. But that display isn’t set to that mode, and I don’t know the probe he is using, so I have no idea what the actual level of radiation was..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I um, I don't quite have the words to explain this video about the reactor.

Japan Tries Humor With ‘Nuclear Boy’ Fukushima

In this YouTube animated video (the original in Japanese), now seen by hundreds of thousands of viewers, the Fukushima plant is portrayed as a cartoon Genpatsu-kun, or “Nuclear Boy.”

The bathroom humor may not translate easily, but in a well-meaning, gentle attempt to explain the situation as if to a schoolchild, “Nuclear Boy” is portrayed as having a very bad stomachache and passing gas but still trying to “hold it in.” All to a soundtrack of exclamations and banjo music.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by Unity_99

TY Unity, that's really helpful for me! Funny enough I use Oil of Oregano often for and take 1500mg of C everyday, your post made me happy since I have all of that stuff anyhow and I'm doing the right thing. Yes, the synthroid does have side effects, some of them not so pleasant, but when I don't take it (coupled with my anemia) I have practically no energy at all, kudos for you for managing your thyroid drug free. Also, I think you can also take cilantro and parsley for heavy metal detox.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Wertwog because: changed cc to mg, silly me

I'm going to compile this and anymore I can find on this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Potassium Iodide - Facts

But, I can't function without any meds either, in fact I would shut down. I am on a reduced dosage of dessicated, real thryoid hormone, the one that reads right in the blood work caused heart problems but I can think better, and have some energy back, which I need with 5 boys, but I 'm diagnosed with chronic fatigue and am sick a good chunk of every years. So I have quite a few supplements and things I've found work for immune deficiencies. Sunlight is best for energy.

When my thryoid quit altogether, it had been brought up a few times that radiation does this.

While I researching how far Plutonium could be disbursed and contaminate the world basically, and was reading up on Manhatten Project experiments, today of all things, I read some interesting stats, such as, in the years they were doing atmospheric testing of atomic, I mean these guys have pretty declared an unseen nuclear war on this world for decades and have put megatons of this stuff in our enviroment in every way imaginable, from PU to DU, its unbelievable. Its like being in HELL, with demons running things.

And I discovered that, 1963, the year I was born, was the highest level of the Plutonium in the atmosphere, and had this flash on my thyroid, I think it may have had an influence.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Hum. I wasn't aware radiation smelled like poo... good to know

Unity... that is extremely interesting as I was born in the same year and basically have a non-functional thyroid as well

edit on 17-3-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So, according to this video, the solution to averting a nuclear disaster is to dump tons of pepto bismol on the reactors. It's so clear now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yeah poop is gonna be the last of their worries after this is over.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Only problem with that video thread, and your argument, is that YouTube----and everything else-----is up and will stay that way for Japanese citizens. The only people being blocked from ANY websites are the AMERICAN MILITARY THERE. It's being blocked for the .mil network ONLY. No one else. Anyone peddling the "Japan is in a media blackout, OMG it's a conspiracy" is peddling a lie, or a hoax, or a misunderstanding. (I'm not talking about you----I'm talking about the video maker and people who continually believe this BS without verifying it.)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This gut scares me... the things he is saying just seem like gooblygook

He shows the chart below Top down is Alpha Beta Gamma and Neutrons... he is telling people that staying inside will give you protection from the first three and there is no immediate health risk, yet the third wall that stops the gamma is lead according to him. (The second is aluminum for the beta) Now how many houses in Japan have aluminum siding with a lead lining?

Just a gut feeling but I don't trust this 'expert'

www.livestation.com...

That isn’t showing aluminum or lead. That is showing the range from light thin barriers to dense thick barriers. His mention of lead, and aluminum is just to give an example of what would represent a material in that class.

The particles shown are probably alpha, beta, gamma, and fast neutrons(I think).

Alpha doesn’t penetrate anything and doesn’t travel vary far in air.
Beta will penetrate a sheet of paper(almost) but anything thicker, and it’s out. It won’t make it below skin level.
Gamma will penetrate thicker and denser things. It will go through you fingers, or deeper into your body.
Fast neutrons will go through a lot of stuff, and you need a lot of water or dense metal to stop them. Now, you can stop neutrons with lighter material, but you need a lot more of it than you would a denser material like lead..

Normal dirt/ or concrete will also stop anything, given enough of it. Get enough dirt or concrete between you and the fuel rods, then your meter won’t show anything.
That is why the helicopter above the building will be exposed to a higher level of radiation than the person on the ground beside the reactor. The helicopter is in the direct line of sight of the exposed fuel rods, so it is being exposed to the direct unattenuated radiation field being emitted from the rods. The person on the ground is being partially shielded from that field by the concrete sides of the fuel storage pod. The concrete sides are in the line of sight path between you and the fuel rods.

Think of an exposed fuel rod like a light bulb. If you have it setting in a box with the lid off, the light will shine out the open top of the box. Anything that is setting around the side of the box, will not have any light shining on it. You have to move above the box to be exposed to the light.

As long as you have a thick enough barrier in the line of sight between you and the exposed rod, then you won’t be radiated by it. The rod doesn’t have to be completely enclosed. Just something blocking the radiation from going straight from it to you. Radiation can’t turn corners.

If you have a suitable obstacle between you and it (fuel and reactor), the only radiation you will get is from small particles that have been released from the fuel/reactor that are on your side of the barrier.

That is the reason why the radiation readings are so high above the reactors, because the helicopter is in direct line of sight of the fuel rods. It doesn’t mean that that much radioactive material has escaped to the atmosphere. On the contrary. The radiation is so high above the reactor because all the radioactive material is still in the reactor, where it is setting there irradiating anything above the open top of the reactor, and storage pools.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Try to keep up....already posted this hours ago.

Pretty damn funny though.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

If that is true, thank God. But that was not what I got from the thread, and the info I read about it. I understood that Japan had asked Obama to block youtubes, and keep this bandwidth for the people. Then he suddenly had this new psuedo bill drafted up to try and stop streaming. So I guess this will have to be proved to me, and I want to see lots of videos.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Keep a copy of this for your grandchildren - I don't know what to think either - whewwww

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10
So, according to this video, the solution to averting a nuclear disaster is to dump tons of pepto bismol on the reactors. It's so clear now.

As you may imagine, this is quite the traumatic event for young children who may not yet have the ability to fully comprehend what is happening, but damn sure have the ability to sense something big is going on. This video will help them. It's age appropriate explanation. Might help a few adults too, with IQ appropriate explanation.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As to smell. Does it have any smell? Because I have noticed a slight metallic smell outside, and sharp stab in my nose. But then, I've lived with a bad ailment for some time and tend to be paranoid that way.

Second unusual smell in the car, a bit like a chlorine pool.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but did you even google it? Here's the google News results for the terms "japan block youtube" : I guess I'll just link a specific article instead....

Dude, something is crazy with that link. ATS doesn't want to format it right....
edit on 17-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: weirdness

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join