It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 192.htm
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I believe it! Makeitso reported here a reading over the plants of 3782 mSv from one of the choppers. That is 3.782 Sv or 378 rems, enough to be lethal to a large percentage of those exposed!

Hmm, in Chernobyl, just near the plant, on the first day, it was 2080 roentgen, 500 R will kill you in 5 hours. So... do the math.

At 200m altitude over the reactor, after a day, it was over 500 R, but they don't know how much it really was since their counter would only go to 500 R... it was also 150-200 degree C.

So, to be on the level of Chernobyl, it would need to be in the 10+ Sv.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I posted the Japanese-only version of Jiji News (via Google-Translate) before.
I found the English version of their page

Jiji Press (English)

Most Nuke-related items are posted under the "Nation" section ...
Jiji News, Nation (English)

Apparently, they recently expanded (due to the crisis?) to 9 languages now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.remm.nlm.gov...

sodium alginate

* A derivative of kelp used in the manufacture of ice cream.
* Oral alginates efficiently bind strontium in the gastrointestinal tract and prevent its absorption.
* The dose is 10 gm powder in a 30 cc vial; add water and drink.

Better than sodium iodide. And also detoxes from heavy metal!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I take thyroid medication and am (fatally) allergic to shellfish (iodine). Not much I can do if it gets that bad. A bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of smokes probably.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Right on, great info, thanks! It looks like it's the active ingredient in all kelp, so anyone already eating kelp for the iodine will also get this benefit!

It must be serendipity that many Japanese people already eat a high-kelp diet. It will really save a lot of lives, I htink.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
I take thyroid medication and am (fatally) allergic to shellfish (iodine). Not much I can do if it gets that bad. A bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of smokes probably.

I'm assuming you have an overactive thyroid? If that's the case your thyroid is already usually overproducing iodine, right? ...so then can't you just stop taking the medication during/just before high levels of radiation?

Or is your condition a little more complicated than that?
edit on 17/3/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

.... A bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of smokes probably.

Out of all this madness, this made me laugh really hard.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Trying to figure out if this map is real or a hoax.
Please help.
It's a map of the radiation in Japan

www.targetmap.com...

edit on 17-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If the facts , as they seem to us right now, are that those who are trying to deal with this disaster are at best stalling on information, or at worst, telling lies that are killing their own citizens there will have to be recourse.

They have refused help and the TEPC have admitted lying to their own government

This could be murder or even genocide of their own. Seriously,What have humans become?

Respects

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

My thyroid has shut down (underactive). I take medication (synthroid) that produces what my thyroid does not so my body can get on with regular metabolic functions.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Wertwog because: spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

My thyroid has shut down (underactive). I take medication (sythroid) that produces what my thyroid does not so my body can get on with regular metabolic functions.

Oh okay... It was my mistake then thinking that the thyroid naturally produces iodine... then I really don't know what you could do.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Not true Oil of oregano not only is a natural antibiotic but works for candida and fungal and heavy metal.

Garlic, same thing.

Liquid Chloryphl like in the candy, or certs I think, also binds heavy metals,

The best is one of those infared saunas from ebay, and they even have instructions online to make out of a pup tent if you cant spend the money. I can't yet but I'm going to soon.

Its one of the best.

You can search online.

I have no thyroid hormone produced, extreme hypothyroidism. It can't shut down my thryoid worse than it is but I'm not taking the iodide, but will be doing the other methods.

Of course, the health problems related to radiatctive particles or cancer, there are many cancer rememedies or cures. Quite a few threads on ATS in the search.

I recommend, 3-8 grams of high grade vitamin C powder a day. Some virgin coconut oil for your liver, organs and joints (well I need it for the C, its hard on the tummy but if you put 1 1/2 tbsps of coconut oil in juice in a waterbath and then the C, say 1/2 tbsp powder its easier on the tummy. Also, I need the coconut oil for swallowing pills)

Vit D.

And many other things.

Synthroid doesnt work for me, I call those my comatose years, almost like alheimers and couldnt do flights of stairs without collapsing. So I'm on dessicated, but it affected my heart, so its reduced, however, I can think straight so its the best of the two.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Please help.

www.targetmap.com...

edit on 17-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Need to resize it!
It shows around the nuke plant above 800,but it got cut out.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Please help.

I believe so. It uses data from another source (here), and then puts it in a nicer format, linking it with basic Geo-Political data (like population, etc.). The problem is, I don't think it's been updating for days (and neither has the original source). "Miyagi" and "Fukushima" Prefects have shown "Under Survey" since the very beginning.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Ya, pretty much screwed... but on a happy note I won't be eating shellfish for a long time! Lots of folks have Hypothyroidism (very common in women) that should not take potassium iodide under any circumstances. I hope that info is getting out to ppl.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
From yesterday, but it made me cry...

Hell if I lived in Japan, just after seeing this, I would have gathered all the people I know with cars/vans and I would have done a convoy there to rescue those people or at least bring them food and whatever I can in supplies...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Those thousands inside the excluded areas are being abandoned, even the hospital doors are locked, no food or aid or plan to rescue them?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Would we please get the Japanese officials or the UN aid workers on it Pronto!
edit on 17-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I saw this map 2 or 3 days ago and its the same now as it was then.
I don't know if it was a hoax or a one time thing but it hasn't been
updated.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thanks,I was wondering cause it had a date of 03/18/2011

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

TY Unity, that's really helpful for me! Funny enough I use Oil of Oregano often for and take 1500mg of C everyday, your post made me happy since I have all of that stuff anyhow and I'm doing the right thing. Yes, the synthroid does have side effects, some of them not so pleasant, but when I don't take it (coupled with my anemia) I have practically no energy at all, kudos for you for managing your thyroid drug free. Also, I think you can also take cilantro and parsley for heavy metal detox.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Wertwog because: changed cc to mg, silly me

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join