It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 185.htm
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Nah they are advertising Nuka-Cola and Nuka Cola Platnium

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
New picture, taken today March 17 2011 from: www.digitalglobe.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

The best possible outcome to connecting power back is to return to the situation one day after the quake/tsunami... reactors are overheating, feared breached, and all that is preventing them form going critical is the water supply.

Worst case: it does no good at all, but sends more radioactivity into the environment as steam.

I believe we are closer to the worst case than the best case. In the long run, this is only delaying the inevitable, and not much delay at that.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Redneck -
My memory is failing me...which reactor was suspected to be breached? (I thought it was 2) If it was #2, even getting the electricity back on to pump cold water in is futile, correct?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

#2 I am sure is breached, probably due to the effects of the explosion at #3. I am almost certain #3 has cracked as well. #1 may be.

All three are definitely in meltdown.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Live streaming of Obama press conference to begin soon (3:30 ET) Link

For whatever its worth....
edit on 17-3-2011 by Digital_Reality because: To add smart remark

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

I know how you feel. I live on the cenrtal Atlantic coast of Florida at 7 ft of elevation and am quite an Edgar Cayce fan. Many of the possible scenarios have me under 150 ft of water!!! Financially I'm pretty stuck here.

When to bug out is a real concern. I think that question is what brings many of us to ATS. I'm not pregnant, nursing or have young children on the west coast so it's easier for me to look at the science of the current situation more dispassionately.

I would be bugging out of Japan or at least getting as far from the current situation as I could at this point if I was in one of the above categories (preggo etc) just to comfort myself.

link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
New picture, taken today March 17 2011 from: www.digitalglobe.com...

It actually looks quite peaceful from that photo. Looks can be deceiving. We can't see the radiation
pouring out. I'm optimistic Tokyo Electric will get this under control.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you see that white building in the upper right corner?
The Tsunami wave didn't reach up there.
They should have installed 3 diesel generators up there and run underground cables down
to the reactors below. - 20/20 Hindsight -

link   
I am getting active in another thread as well, so please everyone be patient with me.

Remember, fear is the real enemy. Do not let yourself be afraid.

TheRedneck

link   
what get's me is on the last page you have 2 reports from japan by 2 sources....1 saying reactor 2 doesn't have any spent fuel rods stored there..

a few posts down is a report from another source saying they are still trying to cool the spent fuel rods in reactor 2

I think about the only containment that still works in Japan is the containment of the truth!

link   

Wow, for some reason I wasn't aware they were *all* breached. Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Working on it now no need to panic
perhaps long time members can start trying to connect dots on ATS files everything from black suns-Illuminati-haarp regardless how crazy it sounds even possible changes of physics theres to many coincidences.

Digital_Reality
you only have to worry about dust for now and there will be days and days if not weeks and weeks before you really need to get concerned i assure you all Geiger counters (even though they just an indication and not reliable eg could have a high reading from solar flare ,t.v dust static altitude just about anything) are with in normal range we are talking extremely small fraction of a second very small if winds stay the same as now any radiation would go tips of Alaska and open ocean.
if i was there i would be getting camping gear together 7mm thick plastic enough to to seal house windows and make a room with in a room medical kits containers water batteries etc do all the little things that wont make a difference if nothing happens it dosent hurt to have extra bottled water or long life food or rolls of plastic etc no need to max out the credit card just little extras for now

will post Geiger counters web address next post for westcoast more avail 2morro whats registered so far is fraction of seconds almost irrelevant it just shows its possible if fukushima goes.the only time you will have to worry if other natural events happen that cause other problems for your country but may never happen im looking long term. i have spent 18 days now for 18hrs and now only just noticing coincidences looking for little doubt makes sense as mmuch as possible type of proof .

but yes stay in as much as possible till u know how this is going to pan out we dont how far this lack of communication goes im hoping its only in japan by the way most of us have radiation in us from Chernobyl its microscopic and that thing blew big time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Flyover of Fukusima Nuclear plant 32 hours ago.

edit on 3/17/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Due to the lack of information, it is too difficult to say what will happen. I would hate to speculate on worst case scenarios. I do think, and hope, that all the hype in the media paired with a vast "unknown" of the nuclear field makes the situation sound much worse (although it is still very serious and bad, don't misunderstand my comments). I work with over 100 nuclear engineers, and we're all debating what has been done, what will happen as a result, and what should have been done. Go to NEI.org for a simple explanation of reactor statuses. It appears that the reactors themselves are under control, with cooling systems slowly being returned. comment by Nuclear Core Design Engineer at 2:25 PM

Link

Reactors under control and cooling systems being returned. This is good news!

edit on 17-3-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Forgot to add link

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Wow, for some reason I wasn't aware they were *all* breached. Thanks for the info.

Good big picture information here.
- Wikipedia Updating Everyday -

Scroll down to the Status Summary Table in the middle.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Obama, is on the boob tube right now.. 1536 EST

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Obama press briefing Live now Here

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yep, that says "explosion damaged reactor 2's containment" That's the part that I was referring to concerning #2.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see posters saying they are uncertain if the US government are or will be honest with details of radiation levels.

Can I suggest that the people in power be watched quite closely from now on. Your Obamas, Camerons etc will not be in any area that is a threat due to fall-out. Oh, anyone heading to Denver International Airport should probably set of a small bell in your head.

Respects, stay safe and may your own god go with you and yours.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I don't see this on the page you linked, can you link to the story itself? Or is this from a comment on the Reuters feed and not an update from Reuters itself? I am no longer watching the comments because they've been unreliable.

ETA: ah, yes, I see it's an unsourced comment from someone claiming to be a nuclear engineer or something. Gonna wait to hear this from an official source. We had reports of this exact thing yesterday and they were hoaxes.
edit on 17-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join