It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 172.htm
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It is as if they are doing things just for the sake of doing them now
but the problem is they are putting other peoples lives in danger

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think its safely to say Full Meltdown has occurred. When all people evac the other 2reactors will blow to. Then there is no chance to cool those rods.

Think about it. What other scenario is there?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev called the nuclear crisis in Japan "huge national disaster".

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I know this may sound silly, but I had a small amount of sushi from a Japanese restaurant in NYC yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if it was safe.

How long does it take fresh fish to get from Japan to New York? ..Oh god, I never thought in a million years that I'd be asking that question!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Found this :

[5:00GMT/1222PST] NOAA STRMCHR Gulfstream AC FL: 32000 LOC: 39.774769,158.400879 DESON RAD DETECT: 1,821 (MSV/HR) microsieverts

JS DIR LOC: 163KMH E/SE ORDERLY HUM 22% LIMA VEC

Allow me to translate. It says that at roughly 12:30 this afternoon, a National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Admin aircraft was conducting data checks about nine hundred miles off the coast of Japan. At an altitude of over thirty thousand feet, radiation detection systems observed three times normal limit levels of Iodine-131. This was detected in the jet stream, moving east south east at a speed of roughly 100 miles per hour with an expected west coast arrival in about 40 hours. The jet stream dips under the island of Hawaii but there are already higher than normal levels reported at two observatories, and the availability of Iodine tablets is non existant.

3 times normal is not ``dangerous`` but not good if exposed months and years to it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

How long does it take fresh fish to get from Japan to New York? ..Oh god, I never thought in a million years that I'd be asking that question!

I know that from Tokyo's fish market to Tokyo's restaurant... less than a day.

So... from Japan to NY... a few days... if they even import from Japan. They probably don't.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Tokyo is a beautiful city isn't it? It was one of my top three cities in the world coming in at number 2. New York, Tokyo and London: The only three cities that I'd ever want to live in. Now we are about to lose Tokyo. I can't believe this.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I know this may sound silly, but I had a small amount of sushi from a Japanese restaurant in NYC yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if it was safe.

Just because its a Japanese restaurant its doesn't mean the fish are shipped in form Japan

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

It could be homegrown sushi fish specie
Like they do for examplehere

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Tokyo is a beautiful city isn't it? It was one of my top three cities in the world coming in at number 2. New York, Tokyo and London: The only three cities that I'd ever want to live in. Now we are about to lose Tokyo. I can't believe this.

Never been there. But I've read lots about it, seen lots of Japanese movies, ect... I love Japan and it was one of my dreams to go there... but now it seems that it might be in jeopardy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Wouldn't want to live in London - horrible place, however Japan is a totally different story altogether..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There's loads of iodide on ebay, even if the price is crazy, it's still there. The only problem is you'd have to try and arrange to pick some up if you want it in time. So maybe those of you really freaked about it (I'd probably be the same.) could message people until you found some that'd allow you to pick it up and that's close enough. Then you could try and put in good enough bids just before the auctions close.

No clue what the f*** the American government thinks it's doing either.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
More and more persons sick update

5-20 Possible late effects; possible chromosomal damage.
20-100 Temporary reduction in white blood cells.
(I BELIEVE THIS LEVEL IS PASSED BY NOW)100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.
400-1000 Acute illness, early death; LD 60-95/30.
1000-5000 Acute illness, early death in days; LD 100/10.
edit on 17-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99

Wouldn't want to live in London - horrible place, however Japan is a totally different story altogether..

Yeah I wouldn't live in London either. The police state there is just horrible.

Reactor number one getting hot again, needs more water

Confirmation from a personal source (journalist in Japan) that extremely high readings of radiation have been detected up to 20km from the power plant so far.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

I heard that the American government doesn't have enough Potassium Iodine pills in stock for the Amercan public. President Obama addressed this yesterday, I believe. They want to be able to create more now just in case something like Fukushima happens in America.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Holy molly!

Comparing Fukushima, Chernobyl, Three Mile Accidents: Q&A

Radiation is also leaking from spent fuel rods stored in a pool near reactors No. 3 and No. 4. Water in the pool has evaporated due to radioactive heat, exposing the uranium- containing rods to the atmosphere. The exposed rods can emit radiation and give out radioactive iodine and cesium, both of which are cancer-causing agents.

A worker at the edge of the pool would receive a fatal radiation dose in 16 seconds, said David Lochbaum, a nuclear physicist for the Union of Concerned Scientists and a former Nuclear Regulatory Commission safety instructor.

Fatal dose in 16 seconds? That is insane. But they also say that outside of Chernobyl it was 50 times more dangerous than peak at Fukushima... so something is contradictory here.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

More and more persons sick update

5-20 Possible late effects; possible chromosomal damage.
20-100 Temporary reduction in white blood cells.
(I BELIEVE THIS LEVEL IS PASSED BY NOW)100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.
400-1000 Acute illness, early death; LD 60-95/30.
1000-5000 Acute illness, early death in days; LD 100/10.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
NRC-correspondent Elske Schouten drive through the affected area. She says: "The further we drove, the harder it began to snow. Trucks stopped along the way to snow chains to their tires to do, we saw cars turning. Meanwhile, we were alarmed by the place name signs along the road. Oh no. We drove along the coast not as we expected, but close to the province of Fukushima. Closer to the NPP than we were before! Meanwhile the snow ever closer, the windshield was all white. I was scared in the middle of nowhere to be stranded in the snow than I have so far for the NPP have been. "

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Ironic isn't it that the most beautiful place in England (I might be a little biased because I live there
) also happens to be the most hazardous in the world, in terms of nuclear waste (according to another thread on here
), but thats slightly off topic so I'll move on.............
edit on 17/3/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Just in case something like this happens in America? HELLO!!! Look how many nuclear reactors in the USA are built on fault lines.....

of course it's going to happen; it's not a matter of if but WHEN folks!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join